Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eddo

Kevin Martin

Cheater????

yes, look at the box scores yourself. i dont want to waste my time to explain

I dont get it either....care to explain a lil?

I don't have a clue what you're referring to either. I wouldn't trade Redd for Martin, but I don't consider it cheating if the guy thought it was a good deal for him. In fact it's late enough in the season where it is wise to maybe take a loss overall on a trade to help out categories of need. If you need FG% adding that 4% from a relatively high volume shooter may put you over the edge. I didn't see anything in the thread that looked like cheating whatsover so if you're going to say it you might want to "waste your time to explain."

I think he mis-read the post, thinking the OP is giving up Martin for Redd....that's hilarious, he's standing firm and probably thinking the other guy is stupid for not getting it...

I think he mis-read the post, thinking the OP is giving up Martin for Redd....that's hilarious, he's standing firm and probably thinking the other guy is stupid for not getting it...

Yep, exactly. lol...

I use a site to analyze basketball players' average stats & it ranks players based on those averages. I won't name it since I'm not here to push it. Anyway, you can customize it to analyze everything specific to your league & customize it to analyze your specific roster. I've got it set to a standard Yahoo basketball roto league. No opinions are involved - only math. Kevin Martin is ranked at 15 overall & Redd is ranked 18.

I'd like to check out this site. Could you private message me the link please?

Im in the Minority here...But I love Kmarts game. I got a chance to watch him play a few times this season, and the dude can play. I expect big things out of him. Is it a keeper league your in?

Well Redd is a lil over-rated I guess. But I have Redd and I wouldn't trade him for Martin either, no way. Just having someone with the potential to breakout and have a 40+ pt performance EVERY night is fun. Not to mention tons of 3s sometimes.

And those sites ranking the players... while they make a good reference when you are analyzing players, it sometimes under/over-rates too. Nash is probably by far the best player on those sites, but no one will trade the likes of Arenas and Garnet for him. While Lebron is probably ranked under 30 or something... but he's still a top 10 player in terms of trade value.

Anyway, watch for Martin to go in the 4th or 5th rounds next year.

Well, I think now it's a discussion of name value instead of true value. Not that I'm bashing Redd, who is a stud. I'm just saying that the season long math says Martin has produced like a stud. Since he's still a pup, he just doesn't have the name value.

I'd happily draft Martin next season in round 2.

I'd like to check out this site. Could you private message me the link please?

Sent. And to Mogamedogz too ...

Sent. And to Mogamedogz too ...

if you dont mind, i would have to have that site's url B)

Wow. Round 2 is way over-reaching. I think you can get him after 4th, unless you really really want to get your hands on him.

Anyway yea if you just look at stats, he's a top 30 or even 20 player depending on the league setup. No real weakness and decent all around. But because it's his 1st season with these stats, add in name-value, I won't draft him until all the more established players are taken. (ie. Johnson, Camby, DHoward, Okafor, Butler, AI2 etc. those all went in round 3-5)

Wow. Round 2 is way over-reaching. I think you can get him after 4th, unless you really really want to get your hands on him.

Anyway yea if you just look at stats, he's a top 30 or even 20 player depending on the league setup. No real weakness and decent all around. But because it's his 1st season with these stats, add in name-value, I won't draft him until all the more established players are taken. (ie. Johnson, Camby, DHoward, Okafor, Butler, AI2 etc. those all went in round 3-5)

When considering how a standard Yahoo 12 team roto league is set up, Kevin Martin is currently ranked 15th overall. He's been top 20 since I've used a particular site that only counts the statistical production. It's the math, not opinions. I'll happily reach next season.

I completely agree. Yeah, he's nice, but if anyone offered me one of those guys you mentioned for him, I'd take that offer in a heartbeat!

By the time next season rolls around...Martin will be projected late second early thrid. Maybe even lower.

As the other guy above stated; it's all about name recgonition. By the time all the Fanatasy writers are done with Kmart (in the weeks leading up to next season), expect his ADP to be a lot lower then what you think it is now.

It happens in every fantasy sport.

This just happens to be Kmarts breakout year.

When considering how a standard Yahoo 12 team roto league is set up, Kevin Martin is currently ranked 15th overall. He's been top 20 since I've used a particular site that only counts the statistical production. It's the math, not opinions. I'll happily reach next season.

Does it also factor in some kind of multiplier for positional scarcity? The dropoff from Martin to a mid-level SG like Ben Gordon or Brandon Roy is far less than from a 2nd round-quality C to an Al Harrington or Andrew Bogut.

Does it also factor in some kind of multiplier for positional scarcity? The dropoff from Martin to a mid-level SG like Ben Gordon or Brandon Roy is far less than from a 2nd round-quality C to an Al Harrington or Andrew Bogut.

It only factors in the average stats previously earned. You can do a player ranking at specific position, but I've been talking about general overall rankings including all positions. As of today, Martin is now at 16 & Redd is at 14 overall. Obviously, Marion is ranked # 1 since he contributes in just about every category. I'm not here to push a site - I don't work for them at all, lol! But I use it all the time esp. to evaluate how adding any player would effect my team stats.

Its a nice site, i tell you. B) Thanks for sharing

You're welcome. Again, I'm not here to sell it ... unlike some people I see here pushing products. But I'm glad I found it & I'll direct anyone there w/o any personal gain to myself. I hope they have a baseball site up & running soon.

hm...with artest excused indefinitely, maybe i made a good move for Martin? Martin tends to play better without artest, for some odd reasons.

Meh, you can't really take these issues into consideration. If you traded Wade for Martin and then Wade gets injured, that doesn't mean the trade itself was good... its call luck lol.

But assuming Artest misses some games and Martin gets a boost in his performance, then I guess his numbers will be similar to Redds. Less 3s with better %.

You're welcome. Again, I'm not here to sell it ... unlike some people I see here pushing products. But I'm glad I found it & I'll direct anyone there w/o any personal gain to myself. I hope they have a baseball site up & running soon.

Hey man, do you think I can get the name of that site also?? Thanks,

is it really forbidden to give the site? it's really annoying when a kevin martin thread turns into a pm request

I think its basketballmonster

and no, I don't use it. It usually sucks for trade decisions

is it really forbidden to give the site? it's really annoying when a kevin martin thread turns into a pm request

I think its basketballmonster

and no, I don't use it. It usually sucks for trade decisions

Not forbidden.

Yes, it's basketball monster. We'll have to agree to disagree, since I think it's ideal for trade decisions & any roster move, since it lays out the math clearly.