Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eddo

Kevin Martin

It only factors in the average stats previously earned. You can do a player ranking at specific position, but I've been talking about general overall rankings including all positions. As of today, Martin is now at 16 & Redd is at 14 overall. Obviously, Marion is ranked # 1 since he contributes in just about every category. I'm not here to push a site - I don't work for them at all, lol! But I use it all the time esp. to evaluate how adding any player would effect my team stats.

If it doesn't take positional value into account, then I'd say the site is a decent tool for straight numbers comparisons and an outright horrible one for determining that you're going to take Kevin Martin in the 2nd round next year.

exactly. And it doesn't take into account the possible lineup changes which severely affect player values

its only about the math

We'll have to agree to disagree. I won't go further into the site features, since I'm not here to sell it & I actually prefer that less people know about it.

So ... yes, bad site! Stay away! LOL!

exactly. And it doesn't take into account the possible lineup changes which severely affect player values

its only about the math

Looking at the rankings for a standard per game (so injuries don't matter) 9-cat produces some bizarre, Yahoo-in-September-esque results.

High:

Lewis #5 overall

Camby #11

Barbosa #37l

Childress #46

Jack #68

Barry #88

averages 1.9.

I'd say if you're going to use the site, it would be best used to compare at the same position - PG vs PG, SG vs SG, etc.

I'm growing tired of the "his team has a chance at a playoff spot so he's better than someone out of contention" argument.

Unless the player has a semi-serious injury that could lead to an end-of-season shutdown, I think the "playoff push" theory is wildly overrated. Bad teams do not just sit their stars at the end of the year. A more accurate perception would be that mid-level veterans on bad teams might have less minutes at the end of the year as teams "try out the youngsters."

Hate to break it to ya, but i guess i was right and you were wrong.

Now my trade doesnt seem so outrageous anymore, does it.

Cant say i predicted the future, but my gut feeling was right.

Now my trade doesnt seem so outrageous anymore, does it.

Cant say i predicted the future, but my gut feeling was right.

K-Mart rules!

You may have spoke to soon. Why didn't he go tonight? If you jinxed him...... B)