Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pdiehm

Who would you rather have?

If choosing between Gamel and LaPorta, who would you rather have on your roster for a long term keeper/dynasty league?

Laporta, if only because he has no injury concerns - they're both OF's (I doubt Laporta moves to 1B) or DH's, so it's all on the bat.

Both are excellent plays - can you find a way to have *both*? If not, Laporta's the guy. Keep in mind Gamel's hurting a bit, so Laporta's also the *safer* play for the short-term.

Laporta, if only because he has no injury concerns - they're both OF's (I doubt Laporta moves to 1B) or DH's, so it's all on the bat.

Both are excellent plays - can you find a way to have *both*? If not, Laporta's the guy. Keep in mind Gamel's hurting a bit, so Laporta's also the *safer* play for the short-term.

We have a true dyansty/keeper league.

I have been able to stockpile a pretty good group of young players: Wieters, LaPorta, Lowrie, Beckham, Fowler, Porcello, Jordan Zimmerman, Trevor Cahill.

Problem is, I had to make a choice of who to drop to get gordon beckham. I ultimately chose to drop Gamel, and keep LaPorta so I could get Beckham. Almost everywhere I looked, LaPorta was rated a bit higher than Gamel, though both are very good players with huge upsides.

No person in a dynasty league should have LaPorta, Wieters, Beckham, Porcello, and Cahill....

Your league mates much be asleep at the wheel.

No person in a dynasty league should have LaPorta, Wieters, Beckham, Porcello, and Cahill....

Your league mates much be asleep at the wheel.

First thing I do is check the yahoo add to the database in the morning. Don't forget Jordan Zimmerman.

It's early in the year, but I already realize that I'm short on pitching this year. but I went from about 10 keepers for next year to a full 15 for next year. I offered LaPorta, Beckham and Cahill for David Price and got rejected....it's incredibly hard to trade. The guy's SS is Cesar Izturis from the Orioles, and his LF is Pat Burrell. No one is thinking about building a foundation...I should make the playoffs, but in 2 years I could have a really really good team on my hands with these players.

If choosing between Gamel and LaPorta, who would you rather have on your roster for a long term keeper/dynasty league?

No question LaPorta.

First thing I do is check the yahoo add to the database in the morning. Don't forget Jordan Zimmerman.

It's early in the year, but I already realize that I'm short on pitching this year. but I went from about 10 keepers for next year to a full 15 for next year. I offered LaPorta, Beckham and Cahill for David Price and got rejected....it's incredibly hard to trade. The guy's SS is Cesar Izturis from the Orioles, and his LF is Pat Burrell. No one is thinking about building a foundation...I should make the playoffs, but in 2 years I could have a really really good team on my hands with these players.

How long has this keeper league been going? One of the first rules that shoudl be implemented, and it's a must have, is that you can only keep players that you a) were available in the player pool at the start of the year when the draft took place. Yahoo has really started throwing in rando names at the start of the year, so you can do prospecting but there is absolutely no reason why a top-prospect should be kept because you were lucky enough to get him off W or FA. It'll make your league lame, and everyone will hate the guy who stays up till 4am.

Anyways..

Back to the point -- Gamel really went down-hill after LaPorta left, he was so depressed -- he had a kid. Thus, take LaPorta.