Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Favorite Rock Band?

We've got a thread on favorite rappers, so how about some love for good old rock n' roll?

I enjoy everything from classic rock like Black Sabbath to current alt rock like the White Stripes. I also love finding brilliant bands that are just not commercial enough to get the fame, such as Built to Spill. A favorite new band of mine is Wolfmother - damn, they rock!

We've got a thread on favorite rappers, so how about some love for good old rock n' roll?

I enjoy everything from classic rock like Black Sabbath to current alt rock like the White Stripes. I also love finding brilliant bands that are just not commercial enough to get the fame, such as Built to Spill. A favorite new band of mine is Wolfmother - damn, they rock!

Give me some Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains.

Give me some Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains.

Nice! Pearl Jam is still putting out good music after all these years, like their self-titled album last year. I esp. liked the song, "Life Wasted."

Nine Inch Nails is also still amazing nowadays - the new album is as good as the early stuff!

I just got the new White Stripes CD it's pretty good.....but what i listen to is pretty much Killswitch Engage,Lamb of God, LUCERO(kicks a**) its southern rock...soooooo good! Bullet for my Valentine. Thursday, Taking back sunday...

Kick it.....old school.

Iron Maiden.

And dammit, Roto won't link to the I.M. pic I had in here!!

Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, Tool

Hell yeah, Tool is a GREAT band. So is A Perfect Circle.

Kick it.....old school.

Iron Maiden.

And dammit, Roto won't link to the I.M. pic I had in here!!

The first rock concert I went to was a Maiden show. Damn, I feel old ...

My first show was.......wait for it......

Hair band extravaganza.....

Quiet Riot!

And the 2 openers were:

Twisted Sister! (They kicked a**)

and

Kick Axe.

Hey this leads me to.........check out my new topic......

My first show was.......wait for it......

Hair band extravaganza.....

Quiet Riot!

And the 2 openers were:

Twisted Sister! (They kicked a**)

and

Kick Axe.

Hey this leads me to.........check out my new topic......

Typically I prefer listening to new rock over songs I've heard a million times. But there are a few classics from Quiet Riot & Twisted Sister that still get my head banging, lol! How can ya not still like "Cum On Feel The Noize" & "I Wanna Rock" ...

I just got the new White Stripes CD it's pretty good.....but what i listen to is pretty much Killswitch Engage,Lamb of God, LUCERO(kicks a**) its southern rock...soooooo good! Bullet for my Valentine. Thursday, Taking back sunday...

You liked the new White Stripes cd? I hate it and to me it sounds like 2 year olds wrote it, but at least you like it.

Yea i do its not bad....Icky Thump and 300 MPH are my fav songs on the cd....

Well so far, you are the first person I have spoke with that actually likes it but thats cool. Has anyone else noticed that every cd has pretty much sucked this year? I can only think of one so far that came out that I enjoyed. Incubus might have come out with the very worst this year. I swear 07 is like the curse of the new cd or something.

Yea i do its not bad....Icky Thump and 300 MPH are my fav songs on the cd....
Well so far, you are the first person I have spoke with that actually likes it but thats cool. Has anyone else noticed that every cd has pretty much sucked this year? I can only think of one so far that came out that I enjoyed. Incubus might have come out with the very worst this year. I swear 07 is like the curse of the new cd or something.

Different strokes for different folks. I like the single "Icky Thump" & plan at some point to buy the new White Stripes CD. I also like all the songs I've heard from the newest Incubus CD & also plan to buy it.

Anything you recommend, MustacheToes?

Different strokes for different folks. I like the single "Icky Thump" & plan at some point to buy the new White Stripes CD. I also like all the songs I've heard from the newest Incubus CD & also plan to buy it.

Anything you recommend, MustacheToes?

The only CD that I have enjoyed that has came out this year is Rufus Wainwright, Release the Stars. I can't imagine many people have heard of him and it's not even his best performance but it has been my favorite CD of 07. There really isn't anything that I would recommend because everytime I listen to something "new" to me I dig deep and pull something out old. I'm not sure if you guys have watched the new Flight of the Conchords series on HBO, I haven't caught it yet, but I downloaded some of their music a few months ago and it was pretty entertaining and actually talented as well. Other then that I'm probably just going to keep bumpin it with the original Tenacious D cd, a genius classic.

If you guys like Southern/indie rock....Download some LUCERO...it's really good stuff...girls...whiskey...beer..getting drunk...thats what they pretty much sing about..It's really good stuff..A lot of people i know dont like it because the singer has a raspy countryish voice..

Actually one I left out was I recently got the new Ben Kweller self titled album which is really good, the only thing bad about it is the lyrics.

The only CD that I have enjoyed that has came out this year is Rufus Wainwright, Release the Stars.
If you guys like Southern/indie rock....Download some LUCERO...
Actually one I left out was I recently got the new Ben Kweller self titled album which is really good, the only thing bad about it is the lyrics.

Not familiar w/ those, but I'll check 'em out. Thanks!

mattygrabs, you might like a band called Clutch. I think they're great & have all of their CDs. They sound like a cross between Black Sabbath & ZZ Top.

Yea they are not bad...I've heard a couple of their songs but i couldnt name any of them....also CKY is a great band..the CD answer can be found could be one of my favorites..

Not familiar w/ those, but I'll check 'em out. Thanks!

Well if you check out Rufus, it will be far from what you expect and the lyrics may creep you out quite a bit (he is extremely gay and sings about some of his past experiences). I like to consider him a modern day Elton John, but thats just my opinion he's really talented though and plays both the piano and acoustic guitar and can sing as good as anyone else these days.

Well if you check out Rufus, it will be far from what you expect and the lyrics may creep you out quite a bit (he is extremely gay and sings about some of his past experiences). I like to consider him a modern day Elton John, but thats just my opinion he's really talented though and plays both the piano and acoustic guitar and can sing as good as anyone else these days.

I know his name & rep, but have never really heard his stuff. As long as there's a guitar involved & the singing is passionate, I can typically appreciate it.

May I also recommend the Arcade Fire. The music is very good, & I think it takes some life experience to really appreciate the lyrics & themes.

You guys ever listen to Death Cab for Cutie or the the postal service?

Yeah Death Cab is ooooooooooooooookay, not a fan of The Postal Service though.

You guys ever listen to Death Cab for Cutie or the the postal service?

Death Cab, yes. I do like them, esp. that latest album, Plans. "Soul Meets Body" was a great single.

I know the name Postal Service but not their material.

here are a few other bands I listen to a lot.........Smashing Pumpkins.....The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and radiohead...

How could i forget one of the greatest rock bands ever....INCUBUS!...well maybe not one of the greatest but still a kick a$$ band