Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Favorite Rock Band?

Hidden

Too many to name , don't know were to start

HLZ are you going to Clutch tonight at Irving Plaza?

Unfortunately, I did not go. I've been in lockdown mode helping my GF study for her midterms. B)

HLZ are you going to Clutch tonight at Irving Plaza?

i just saw clutch for the 11th, or 12th, or was it the 13th time (but who's counting?) a week or so ago. they put on just as strong a show as they ever have. the first time i saw them was back in '93 with sepultura and fear factory. their hair lines may have receded a bit since then, but the talent and creativity is at an all time high in my opinion. incredible musicians and song writers.

they are such a solid, blue collar, and yet original band who flies under the radar because they are no frills rock and roll...but they own 99% of all other bands on stage. a true grass roots touring band with a well deserved, and LOYAL fanbase.

check them out...they deserve it.

Typically I prefer listening to new rock over songs I've heard a million times. But there are a few classics from Quiet Riot & Twisted Sister that still get my head banging, lol! How can ya not still like "Cum On Feel The Noize" & "I Wanna Rock" ...

you have to admit though like unless you hear all those old songs over and over every day they still kick a** when you hear them

you have to admit though like unless you hear all those old songs over and over every day they still kick a** when you hear them

It's got to be a long break for me though. Typically I find it easier to listen to progressive rock over & over. For ex., I love the often under-appreciated Frank Zappa. His songs were truly awesome compositions!

Do you guys like Huey Lewis and the News????

No... I'm in touch with humanity.

Do you guys like Huey Lewis and the News????

Aren't you a big Genesis fan as well?

Aren't you a big Genesis fan as well?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, 'Duke'. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think 'Invisible Touch' was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.