Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Garnett Traded to BOS

I agree. The Suns would be dumb to part with a young Amare. If he arrives in ATL, you better believe the become an immediate threat in the East. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean all that much these days.

The Suns realistically could move Marion n play Diaw at SF. As an owner of both Marion and Amare in my keeper league though Id much rather see Marion remain on the Suns than Amare cause regardless of where he goes Amare is gonna get the ball in his hands the majority of the trips down the court. Do the Suns feel that Amare hinders them from playing their run n gun uptempo game? Do they just feel that Garnett n Amare wouldnt be able to co-exist offensively cause Marion doesnt need plays drawn up for him to be a part of the game offensively. Thats really not the case with Amare, hes a guy who requires the ball offensively to stay in the game. I see where they improve from a defensive standpoint though with KG and hes a better post up threat really. It just sucks from a fans standpoint to see Amare n Nash get broken up. Im a Knick fan but still I do enjoy watching those guys together. If this deal gets done though the Suns greatly improve their chances of winning a title. Amare will be a beast playing in the east thats for sure n Joe Johnson will get him the touches he needs.

I wish the Knicks coulda landed Garnett or even Amare for that matter. I mean they shoulda drafted Amare when they had the chance but they took Nene instead. What a joke. Nene netted us McDyess. Big frickin deal.

I wish the Knicks coulda landed Garnett or even Amare for that matter. I mean they shoulda drafted Amare when they had the chance but they took Nene instead. What a joke. Nene netted us McDyess. Big frickin deal.

Supposedly Amare is not a good locker room guy either.

Really. Ive never heard that. Surprising really.

Just rumor though...I used to live in Phx and have alot of friends there say that's the word. Supposedly it's causing lots of issued between Marion and Amare to the point that one has to go (pretty nice to get a Garnett in return). Who really know though if (1) its true and (2) whether it's Amare or Marion or Both causing the issues...probably somewhere in the middle.

rotoworld:

The rumored three-team deal that broke on Wednesday sending Amare Stoudemire to the Hawks, Kevin Garnett to the Suns and the Hawks' No. 3 and 11 picks (and some minor players) to the Timberwolves is not as close to being done as initially reported.

According to an anonymous NBA official, the deal may still be on the table, but may not be that close to becoming a reality. Garnett's huge contract is probably the major stumbling block, and blockbuster deals like this for multiple All-Stars and high draft picks are easily discussed, but difficult to pull off. Don't be surprised if the aforementioned teams pull off a draft-day deal, but it's far from a sure bet. However, it does sound like the Wolves are going to do everything they can to trade Kevin Garnett. Jun. 27 - 10:50 pm et

Yea I don't know how you give up the 23 year old stud. Atlanta makes out in this deal...what are the chances that either of the No. 3 or 11 pick is anywhere near the impact player that Amare is. This could make Atlanta a threat in the east.

Amare is 24 and a half, actually, although I don't know if that makes a lot of difference.

Also, if you don't think that Amare -> Garnett is an upgrade, you haven't been watching enough basketball.

Amare is 24 and a half, actually, although I don't know if that makes a lot of difference.

Also, if you don't think that Amare -> Garnett is an upgrade, you haven't been watching enough basketball.

I agree that he's an upgrade. I just wonder if it will disrupt the chemistry a little bit.

Rotoworld Headlines

The proposed three-team deal that would send Amare Stoudemire to the Hawks appears to have lost all steam, with the Suns saying they haven't even been involved in discussions for Amare.

"We've never spoken with Atlanta about Amaré," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said Wednesday night. "We have no idea why anybody would speculate on that." Maybe Minnesota and Atlanta talked, or maybe Kerr is bluffing, but it's obvious that there were serious discussions about this deal happening, at least in Atlanta and Minnesota. However, it looks like the deal is not close to becoming reality, especially since the Hawks ownership apparently can't agree on anything, as usual.

Source: Arizona Republic

Rotoworld Headlines

Even though the Suns deny that they've spoken with teams about moving Amare Stoudemire, his name is now being included in a Kevin Garnett trade that would ship Stoudemire to the Bobcats.

According to sources, the Bobcats would send the No. 8 pick and an undisclosed player to Minnesota, Garnett would go to Phoenix, and the Suns would send Stoudemire to Charlotte. The Bobcats would also be required to take Suns guard Marcus Banks in the deal. The Wolves are going to continue to do all they can to move Garnett and the Suns appear to be very open to moving Stoudemire, even though they're not admitting it. This is not the first rumor involving KG and Amare, and probably won't be the last.

Jun. 28 - 5:25 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld Headlines

Even though the Suns deny that they've spoken with teams about moving Amare Stoudemire, his name is now being included in a Kevin Garnett trade that would ship Stoudemire to the Bobcats.

According to sources, the Bobcats would send the No. 8 pick and an undisclosed player to Minnesota, Garnett would go to Phoenix, and the Suns would send Stoudemire to Charlotte. The Bobcats would also be required to take Suns guard Marcus Banks in the deal. The Wolves are going to continue to do all they can to move Garnett and the Suns appear to be very open to moving Stoudemire, even though they're not admitting it. This is not the first rumor involving KG and Amare, and probably won't be the last.

Jun. 28 - 5:25 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

as a Bobcats fan...it would be sweet to land both J-Rich & Amare, but not at the cost of Wallace. id much rather they just resign Gerald Wallace and maybe make a few other small moves to upgrade the depth of the roster. but should they go in the direction of Amare, i think combined with Okafor makes a serious threat in the East. provided that Felton is ready to make the next step and the team remains relatively healthy.

as a Bobcats fan...it would be sweet to land both J-Rich & Amare, but not at the cost of Wallace. id much rather they just resign Gerald Wallace and maybe make a few other small moves to upgrade the depth of the roster. but should they go in the direction of Amare, i think combined with Okafor makes a serious threat in the East. provided that Felton is ready to make the next step and the team remains relatively healthy.

are you saying you'd rather have wallace over amare? thats crazy. wallace is the perfect example of a guy who's more valuable in fantasy than reality. hes not a great offensive player, cant hit an open J, doesnt have range, isnt a great ball-handler, cant break anyone down, is a great off the ball defender but not that great on the ball, etc. on a good team he'd be the #3 scoring option on that team. he might be a fantasy stud, but hes no superstar in the making. if you re-sign wallace, what's that saying about Ammo? that he's already a bust?

CHA's lineup should be ray-JR-ammo-may-meka

unless yall are willing to deal may to the bulls B)

Yea I gotta disagree too. Landing Amare at the cost of Wallace is TOTALLY worth it. Wallace can't even stay healthy making it kind of tough to build any team chemistry when he sits half the games. Amare would be a difference maker on any team. Even Atlanta could surprise people with Amare and Johnson back together.

ESPN is reporting that talks b/w MIN and BOS have resumed. Sources have indicated that Garnett is warming up to the idea of playing in BOS. A deal would almost certainly make BOS the favorite in the East, for whatever that's worth these days. Here's the section of the article discussing players involved (article here):

It's believed that the latest incarnation of the deal would have Boston adding Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and multiple future draft picks to Jefferson and Ratliff in exchange for Garnett. It's also likely that other players would have to be added to the deal, since the salary-cap math involved would require both teams to account for Garnett's $6.75 million trade kicker.

Just heard on WEEI that the trade is pretty much official.

Garnett for Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, & a future pick.

If this trade goes through, Boston fans would be ecstatic! 3 all-stars on 1 team makes them an absolute contender. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG.

If this trade goes through, Boston fans would be ecstatic! 3 all-stars on 1 team makes them an absolute contender. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG.

Oh obviously we'd all be pumped.

I love Big Al, and that's the only regret I have with this deal, but there is no guarentee he'll put up 16 pts and 11 ribbys every game.

You know exactly what you're getting from Garnett.

Ainge had to make this trade.

Oh obviously we'd all be pumped.

I love Big Al, and that's the only regret I have with this deal, but there is no guarentee he'll put up 16 pts and 11 ribbys every game.

You know exactly what you're getting from Garnett.

Ainge had to make this trade.

why is this proposed deal making me nervous? we've had WAY TOO MANY years of we are rebuilding, no we want to contend, no wait, we are rebuilding--blah blah blah. they have an emerging stud-in-waiting in big al. they salivate over green...i don't know why i'm feeling suspect about acquiring garnett. perhaps he will sign a 3 or 4 year extension then i would feel much better? i had a conversation about the celts yesterday with a pal, he felt like big al's ankles might bother him for years - so getting kg for him would be a steal. again, i'm on the fence on this deal - but love garnett and the passion he plays with.

As a Celtics fan I hate this trade. I do not want an aging vet for a future perrenial all star. Jefferson blossomed into one of the best post players in the 2nd half of last season and continued to put up the numbers even after Paul came back. The amount of players and the draft pick is brutal on us. We have no backup PG and if we trade Rondo in the deal as well we are not going to have a PG on this roster worth anything. I much rather would keep Jefferson with Paul and Shuttlesworth (on a side note I bought a Celtics Jersey with #20 Shuttlesworth on the back). Now all the Celtics fans can thank Danny for setting us up for 10-15 more years of straight sucktitude, after a couple of years of contending but not winning, AWESOME.

ESPN is reporting that talks b/w MIN and BOS have resumed. Sources have indicated that Garnett is warming up to the idea of playing in BOS. A deal would almost certainly make BOS the favorite in the East, for whatever that's worth these days. Here's the section of the article discussing players involved (article here):

It's believed that the latest incarnation of the deal would have Boston adding Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and multiple future draft picks to Jefferson and Ratliff in exchange for Garnett. It's also likely that other players would have to be added to the deal, since the salary-cap math involved would require both teams to account for Garnett's $6.75 million trade kicker.

If the deal is for Telfair and not Rondo then I think the C's have to make the deal. KG, PP and Allen would make for a contender. Rondo, Gomes, Allen and Kendrick might be enough to get over the top. I love what we saw out of Al Jeff last year but I have concerns about his injury issues. It seemed like he was able to make it through the second half of the season but if the kid is already struggling with chronic ankle/foot issues then his career could be more Jermaine O'Neal than pernenial All-Star. Big guys with bad wheels early in their career is really an area for concern.

This will be an interesting deal, if it does go down. It makes the Celtics look like a fantasy team with KG, Pierce, and Allen but still not a quite title contender in my opnion. With a weak East, they do have a good shot to go deep for a year or two by sacraficing their future. However, I can understand them doing this move now since it takes a move of this magnitude to make basketball relevant in Boston again.

By the way, there are probably not enough stats to go around for all three of KG, Pierce, and Allen. Their fantasy outputs will likely all go down a bit in the standard scoring. If the Celtics trust Rondo to be the primary ball handler, I still like Rondo's value quite a bit. However, with a veteran team thinking they are a title contender, the usual fallacy is to entrust in a veteran/over the hill PG.

It looks like the trade is completed:

Kevin Garnett

for

Al Jefferson

Ryan Gomes

Gerald Green

Sebastian Telfair

Theo Ratliff

First round pick

How will this affect to Boston and Minnesota line-ups and players' value?

Boston projected depth chart:

Rondo / Pruitt

R.Allen / T.Allen

Pierce / Scalabrine

Garnett / Powe

Perkins / G.Davis

Great starting-5, but man, what a terrible bench.

Minnesota projected depth chart:

Foye / Hudson / Telfair

R.Davis / Jaric / McCants / B. Wright

Green / C.Brewer / Hassell

Al Jefferson / Gomes / C.Smith

Blount / Ratliff / Madsen

There's one extra player. I guess they may waive Wright or trade Hudson away.

Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes could steal minutes from Corey Brewer, who was expected to be the starter at SF.

Ricky Davis and Al Jefferson will be the main guns in the offensive end, and are winners of the trade right now to me. Green's value goes up, too, since he was buried under Pierce in Boston. Randy Foye could also step up in Minnesota.

As for Boston, i think all three all-stars value take a small hit, since neither was used to play side by side with another big star, not to say with two of them. Rondo and Perkins will have all the minutes in the world and this means all the chances, too, to have value next season, and Tony Allen suddenly looks like the only useful bench player on the team, so he could have some value too once he recovers from his injury.

Let me know your opinions.

Well, now it looks like it's not close to be completed, and that Al Jefferson is NOT included in the deal ... no wonder why is not close to be completed.

I that's true, i don't see the Wolves trading Garnett for Green, Gomes, Telfair, Ratliff and two first round picks. That would really be a terrible trade. Of course, if i were a Celtics fan, i would be jumping all over my room just by knowing this trade could be discussed.

Well, now it looks like it's not close to be completed, and that Al Jefferson is NOT included in the deal ... no wonder why is not close to be completed.

I that's true, i don't see the Wolves trading Garnett for Green, Gomes, Telfair, Ratliff and two first round picks. That would really be a terrible trade. Of course, if i were a Celtics fan, i would be jumping all over my room just by knowing this trade could be discussed.

I was just checking another site that had the link to the globe blog. McHale must be looking for a job with the Celtics if he makes this deal.

July 30, 2007 <h3 style="color: maroon;">New twists in Garnett talks</h3> By Shira Springer, Globe Staff Kevin Garnett soon could become the newest member of the Celtics, multiple league sources said this afternoon, but two of the sources cautioned that any trade may not be as imminent as some early reports indicated.

As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment.

It is uncertain how the teams would deal with Garnett's trade clause that calls for a 15 percent salary increase.

As of this morning, there still remained issues on the table to negotiate, not the least of which is the player option worth $24 million that Garnett holds for the 2008-09 season.

“There are serious discussions in place,” Andy Miller, Garnett's agent, said this morning.

When asked about the option as well as Garnett’s willingness to play in Boston, Miller added: “Part of the discussion that is taking place is addressing those issues as well as others to see if the destination makes sense for all parties. Everything is part of the overall picture as to how to bring this to a conclusion or go in a different direction.”

When trade talks between Minnesota and Boston took place before this year’s draft, the option plus Garnett’s hesitancy to play in Boston, as relayed through his agent, were considerable sticking points. If Garnett agrees to take his player option as a condition of the trade, the Celtics also will likely look to come to reasonable terms on an extension as another condition of the deal.