Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Garnett Traded to BOS

A starting lineup of

C-A.Jefferson

PF-Garnett

SF-P.Pierce

SG-R.Allen

PG-Rondo

Might be the best in the east actually. From nothin to NBA title contender thats pretty sick.

If ur a Celts fan u have gotta be ecstatic right now.

Well, now it looks like Jefferson is back on the mix.

We better wait a bit to think about the fantasy spin, but Jefferson, Green, Gomes, Telfair, Ratliff and two first round picks (which it looks like is the offer right now) looks fine to me if you're set to part with KG.

Well, now it looks like Jefferson is back on the mix.

We better wait a bit to think about the fantasy spin, but Jefferson, Green, Gomes, Telfair, Ratliff and two first round picks (which it looks like is the offer right now) looks fine to me if you're set to part with KG.

I agree it looks to me like theyd be gettin a ton of quality players back in this deal.

this is getting out of hand!!! trading your future is one thing if you want to play for NOW, but trading your future AND your BENCH??? i guess KG, PP, and RA will play 48 minutes each game!?!?!?! ainge must have received a win now or your out pep talk with ownership.

According to the Boston Globe, the trade currently stands as the Celtics sending Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Kevin Garnett.

Congrats Boston, you are now the one team in the East that may actually have a shot of knocking of someone in the West.

I think that Pierce, Allen, and Garnetts value all take a hit...Garnett imo, is no longer a #1 or 2 pick.....maybe 5?? but even so, i'd rather let someone else take a gamble on him in the new situation..

Al Jeffersons value skyrockets now that hes the main man in Minn...I'll be targeting him rds 3-4....

I think that Pierce, Allen, and Garnetts value all take a hit...Garnett imo, is no longer a #1 or 2 pick.....maybe 5?? but even so, i'd rather let someone else take a gamble on him in the new situation..

Al Jeffersons value skyrockets now that hes the main man in Minn...I'll be targeting him rds 3-4....

I think you are right about Garnett taking a hit. Still upper first round but no longer top 3. I would be a little leery of taking Al Jeff with anything before a mid 40s, mid to late 4th round pick. His injury history and and inconsistent career until the second half of last year are a legit concern. It will also depend on him keeping a C designation as I imagine Blount continues to start at Center in Minny.

tony allen wins, as he is now the bench.

ray allen wins, because he can shoot 3s all night and never has to play defense with kg backing him up. of the big 3, he might be the one who most keeps his value from a fantasy perspective. from a reality-perspective, this is great for all three's careers.

rondo wins, though not by much since he has already beaten telfair.

baby al wins, obviously.

nba fans win, because that's going to be great to watch.

I didn't like the Allen deal at first, because Pierce and Allen is still not enough for a ring. But Pierce, Allen and Kevin Garnett? Yes, please! Sad to see Big Al leave town, but you can't pass on Garnett. You just can't.

I would hope they'd play KG at the 5, because Perkins as a starter doesn't do anything for me.

C: KG

PF: Ryan Gomes

SF: Pierce

SG: Ray Allen

PG: Rondo

Yeah, 10 years from now it'll be back to square one, but for now, I'm happy. I'm easily satisfied.

I didn't like the Allen deal at first, because Pierce and Allen is still not enough for a ring. But Pierce, Allen and Kevin Garnett? Yes, please! Sad to see Big Al leave town, but you can't pass on Garnett. You just can't.

I would hope they'd play KG at the 5, because Perkins as a starter doesn't do anything for me.

C: KG

PF: Ryan Gomes

SG: Ray Allen

Yeah, 10 years from now it'll be back to square one, but for now, I'm happy. I'm easily satisfied.

Perkins might not be a top choice of the fans to start a Center, but he's a tenacious defender.

With Pierce, Allen, and Garnett scoring, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have another defensive prescence.

I see the starting lineup as:

C: Perk

PF: Garnett

SG: R. Allen

With Gomes off the bench, being able to play either the 3 or 4.

Also, Tony Allen off the bench will be awesome if he comes back at full strength.

KG isn't going to play Center. Perkins is the only choice and even then they need to pick up another scrub. I've read that Gomes might be included in the trade so the bench is looking really thin. Hopefully, they were able to keep Gomes. A starting five of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG and Perkins is formidible. Has anyone heard anything about Tony Allen's recovery? Didn't he tear the ACL and MCL? Was that on the same leg he torn the ACL before? Tony looked great before going down. I assume the Doctors must be telling Ainge he can make a successful return by the regular season.

CELTICS

KG goes green

The News

All-Star forward Kevin Garnett has been traded by the Timberwolves to the Celtics in a multi-player deal, the Associated Press reported on Monday. A Celtics official told the AP that the deal was agreed to but had yet to be completed, and that it could include Al Jefferson, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, and at least one draft choice. The move immediately makes Boston a contender in the Eastern Conference with Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen all in the fold for next season.

Our View

The window of opportunity is certainly small with this group as all three veterans aren't getting any younger, but the Eastern Conference will have a hard time defending that trio and Boston should enter next season as a favorite to make the NBA Finals. Garnett's fantasy value takes a hit because his scoring will certainly go down, but he should still rank among the best rebounders in the game.

May generate more interest in the basketball forum B)

Looking forward to reading Bill Simmons' inevitable article about it soon. I'm guessing tomorrow.

What's a basketball?

Looking forward to reading Bill Simmons' inevitable article about it soon. I'm guessing tomorrow.

He's gonna be pissed!

Congrats Boston, you are now the one team in the East that may actually have a shot of knocking of someone in the West.

Seriously.