Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

Pick #5 in Dynasty League

This is my 1st ever Dynasty draft and it's in 2 days. I just wanna make sure I get the right stud in the 1st to anchor my team. I pretty much know it will go LT,LJ, S. Jax. And i'm gonna guess Gore will go 4th.Do you think Bush would be my best pick at #5? It is ppr scoring. So it is possible Bush could go 4th. Pretty much as of now I'm planning on Bush or Gore, any thoughts?

I think you got right. They're both young, good pass catching backs. The only other one that I think could enter the equation would possibly be Willie Parker. Good luck.

I think you got right. They're both young, good pass catching backs. The only other one that I think could enter the equation would possibly be Willie Parker. Good luck.

Thanks, I was supposed to be receiving an offer to trade up to the #2 spot where I'd take S. Jax. But i've yet to receive an offer and i'm not willing to deal a whole lot to move up 3 spots anyway.

i personally would NOT take gore, dont think his knees will hold up for a great career, especially with this being keeper. id draft BUSH!!

i personally would NOT take gore, dont think his knees will hold up for a great career, especially with this being keeper. id draft BUSH!!

He may not have the option. So if Bush is gone, do you take Gore or Parker or ________?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Id be very hesitant about LJ. Carries record...losing Will Shields and possibly Casey Weigmann. This is bad news budday. Steve Jax and Gore I'd take over him.

Id be very hesitant about LJ. Carries record...losing Will Shields and possibly Casey Weigmann. This is bad news budday. Steve Jax and Gore I'd take over him.

Ya LJ isn't a possibility at all unless for some reason he would be there at pick 5. Then it would be very intriguing. I even pondered MJD at #5 until the Fred resigning.

I think Reggie Bush or Portis is the way to go.

People are really down on Portis, but another year with Saunders in WAS and time to get healthy will really help him. I know Betts is still there and will steal some of his thunder, but I look for Portis to have a big year still.

Norv departing SF almost assuredly will hurt Gore's production. And Cowher out and Whisenhunt out in PIT makes Parker a bit of a wildcard too, imho.

Well here is how my roster looks after our 1st day of drafting.

1. Bush

2. Brees

3. Roy

4. Plaxico

5. Turner

6. Chambers

7. KJ

8. Jamal Lewis

9. Jake Delhomme

10. Corey Dillon

11. Jason Witten

Definitly not the greatest draft ever. I was lucky to get Witten in the 11th but as for the rest of draft I had my targeted players taken right ahead of me in 3 straight rounds.As of now i'll be starting a wr in my flex position obviously. I really need some stuff to go right in Free Agency to be real competitive this year. Hopefully Turner does get traded which I don't see happening or Lewis or Dillon can end up in a good spot.

Well here is how my roster looks after our 1st day of drafting.

1. Bush

2. Brees

3. Roy

4. Plaxico

5. Turner

6. Chambers

7. KJ

8. Jamal Lewis

9. Jake Delhomme

10. Corey Dillon

11. Jason Witten

Definitly not the greatest draft ever. I was lucky to get Witten in the 11th but as for the rest of draft I had my targeted players taken right ahead of me in 3 straight rounds.As of now i'll be starting a wr in my flex position obviously. I really need some stuff to go right in Free Agency to be real competitive this year. Hopefully Turner does get traded which I don't see happening or Lewis or Dillon can end up in a good spot.

Wayyy too early for Brees. The rest looks OK to me. Why would u waste that pick on Brees, though, when you can get Delhomme in the ninth? Thats crazy man.

Wayyy too early for Brees. The rest looks OK to me. Why would u waste that pick on Brees, though, when you can get Delhomme in the ninth? Thats crazy man.

It really was to early but I wanted to make sure I got a real solid QB. I had been told QB's go alot earlier in dynastys but it really didn't happen at all in this league. Somehow Clintoris was still there until the pick right before mine. Had he of been there my draft would look alot different. But I'm not to worried about that pick if he continues to put up top 3 QB numbers. I think if he can do that and Bush can improve just a little from last year, they can carry my team and give me a decent shot.

Guess you can add one more to the list of hardcore Saint fans... for the next few years at least.

Guess you can add one more to the list of hardcore Saint fans... for the next few years at least.

Hehe, not thinking I had Colsten targeted in the 3rd round too. He got taken with the pick right ahead of me thank god. It would have been hard to not take him even though I definitly don't want 3 saints.

whyd u take brees that high, dude?

Manning and Palmer were gone and honestly I don't ever take QB's high, but I was under the impression that QB's fly off the board in dynasties. Another thing is there wasn't really any RB's left that I wanted to take a chance on that early. I don't really get what's wrong with taking Brees though. If I had gotten Manning in that spot everyone would probably say it was a steal. I'm not saying Brees is as good as Manning but his fantasy numbers have been very high and consistent the last 3 years. Also Brees is three years younger. When I made that pick the 3 top RB's left were Willis, Edge, and Benson. And the draft was before the TJ trade, I don't like Edge all that much and nobody knows where Willis is gonna end up. I'd say taking Turner in the 5th might have been a bigger mistake, but he's one guy I really wanted on my roster.

i wouldve taken willis over brees. brees had a great yr but hes been hurt in the past and qbs just shouldnt go that early. think about it, if you could willis and delhomme or brees and some bad backup rb which group would you take? value lasts with QBs, it doesnt with rbs.

FF is a numbers game. The drop off last year in points at QB and RB through 20 players was almost identical. 3 top, 6 next tier and 10 next tier. The problem, there's 2 to 3 times the demand for starting RB's than QB's depending on your startin req's. Your penalty for not taking a QB early is getting at worst the 12th best QB, still in the middle ofthe QB pack of quality. Few if any onwers will have 2 QB's on board before you get your first even if you wait. But if you take QB and WR early, your penalty might be getting a top 10 RB in round 1 and then a 30th or later RB. Some owners will have 3 rbs before they have another position let alone QB. Having 1 reliable RB a stud QB and then hopefuls and the aged isn't a great place to be.

It's just bad math. Emotion gets us to buy a top QB, the math is rarely in it. There's just not enough penalty for having an avg QB reltative to the penalty at RB.

I don't like the Bush pick, not because he doesn't have potential or talent (obviously, he has a world of it) but because you should get someone who is a proven red zone threat. Who knows how long Bush will have to step aside for McAllister or another RB when it comes to running the ball in the end zone?

I think I would have liked FWP in that slot, but more than anything you should have been working your pants off trying to slide down a few spots. That way, you could get one of FWP/Bush/Ronnie Brown/Addai who I think are fairly even with one another.

How many points per reception?