Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rrich46

Wieters up sooner than expected?

His HoF plaque made me nearly-giggle, which is not a good thing when you're a 30 year old man in a room with 8 other people.

Matt Wieters Is So Damn Good That Even His Intangibles Are Tangible.

love it!

How long does Wieters have to stay in the minors before it is no longer economically needed by the O's?

I think that point has passed. Wieters from my understanding has a tweaked Hammy and is staying down there til it's healed up.

I think that point has passed. Wieters from my understanding has a tweaked Hammy and is staying down there til it's healed up.

SO if he is all healed by this weekend, he could be up next week?

Triple-A Norfolk catcher Matt Wieters missed his fourth straight game Wednesday with a strained right hamstring, but director of player development David Stockstill said the top prospect will return to the Tides' lineup Thursday.

Baltimore Sun

any one have any idea when he will be added to yahoo?

He's already there. I got him after he cleared waivers.

He's already there. I got him after he cleared waivers.

He might not be in his league, depending on their settings. I believe there is an option for players to be added to the database of either 1) As soon as Yahoo adds them or 2) Once they are called up to the major league team.

I could be wrong though.

I have never looked forward to a prospect's debut as I am with Wieters. He better be worth it, I practically gave up my left nut to acquire this guy in my keeper league! B)

I have never looked forward to a prospect's debut as I am with Wieters. He better be worth it, I practically gave up my left nut to acquire this guy in my keeper league! B)

Well if it's a keeper league, then you got off pretty easy.

Pardon the pun.

Well if it's a keeper league, then you got off pretty easy.

Pardon the pun.

LOL B)

I'm not so sure I've seen so my hype for a prospect here at RW since a guy known as the Freak got so much hype before being called up. I can only imagine what happens when this dude gets the call. Who's throwing the party?

I'm not so sure I've seen so my hype for a prospect here at RW since a guy known as the Freak got so much hype before being called up. I can only imagine what happens when this dude gets the call. Who's throwing the party?

Since the O's are taking things slow, he'll have to destroy with Norfolk to get called up. I think Nolan Reimold will get the call before Weiters.

Since the O's are taking things slow, he'll have to destroy with Norfolk to get called up. I think Nolan Reimold will get the call before Weiters.

I do not.

He returned to action tonight with the Norfolk Tides. He went: 1-4, 1 R, 1 K.

He returned to action tonight with the Norfolk Tides. He went: 1-4, 1 R, 1 K.

I thought he was supposed to be good??? Curse you over-hype superthreads!

Given that no clear timeline has been established, and sufficient time has passed (while the benefit of the doubt was given to the published reports), as per Board Posting Rules the thread's going back over to the MILB Forum as of now. Once Wieters gets the call or an imminent timeline is established and confirmed, this thread in its entirety will be moved back. Feel free to check in to the MILB Forum - he's likely to get regular updates from the Forum members, given the fact he's been hyped for 2+ years, LOL.

Well I guess you can't be right on everything. I was watching the Orioles broadcast the other night and they said he should be up some time in the next 3 weeks. He wasn't sent to Norfolk for performance reasons...they know the guy can play at a big league level. The only thing that would hold him back at this point would be an injury. I think that's why they were so cautious with the hamstring injury.

I guess I will need to make a drop and pay a $10 transaction fee for a scrub catcher until Wieters comes up. i took the leap and traded away my C thinking I can handle a hole for a week or so. 3 weeks? eh, I don't know.

Wieters back behind the plate yesterday. Went 0-for-2 with 2 BB and 2 runs. An encouraging sign that he's recovering well from the hamstring strain.

1-4 with an RBI double tonight. Hitting just .265 so far. I really don't think he'll get the call until he proves himself at AAA.