Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrangeCuse44

Another star to be suspended 50 games?

242 posts in this topic

Okay, here's the deal. I work at CBS Sports and across the street is the MLB Network. I overheard one of our execs talking to a PR guy here. He said, "rumor is another big star is going to be suspended 50 games." Now, like I said, you can't get more rumory (yeah, I'm making this word up) than this. I heard no name or anything, but you know how the world works, the high ups have the info and they talk to each other. This is all I have on the matter. If this is even too far of a reach, delete the post.

Disclaimer: In no way, shape, or form is my fake message board reputation on the line with this, unless I am right.

Not to start another enormous thread on this....but it makes me sad to think how tarnished the game is now. Not to say PEDs aren't in the other sports, it's just that baseball kept quiet for so long when they knew.

Hmmm Boras is on a roll. Wonder if it's another one from his stable ?

Okay, here's the deal. I work at CBS Sports and across the street is the MLB Network. I overheard one of our execs talking to a PR guy here. He said, "rumor is another big star is going to be suspended 50 games." Now, like I said, you can't get more rumory (yeah, I'm making this word up) than this. I heard no name or anything, but you know how the world works, the high ups have the info and they talk to each other. This is all I have on the matter. If this is even too far of a reach, delete the post.

Disclaimer: In no way, shape, or form is my fake message board reputation on the line with this, unless I am right.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder who they could be talking about with this one ? I really hope not, but I remember in the Manny thread someone (speculated) threw out Pujols' name. Like I said, I really hope not for obvious reasons but it wouldn't surprise me or any other baseball fan.

I say we take bets and forum-poll it.

My money's on Pujols.

With the way Magglio and Papi have started to bottom out this year.....I'm just sayin

Interesting....hmmm...well whoever gets it deserves it...come on Ortiz!

All jokes aside they did it, and now they will be punished.

cant be pujols

he wouldn't be a big name, he would be a HUGE EARTHSHATTERING NAME

i'm guessing a P

My money's on Pujols.

I'm in. Here are my Top 3 in order:

1. Delgado

2. Cantu

3. Pena

I'm hoping it's a guy on the 1st place team's in my league, as he has a ridiculous 90 points. B)

If it is Pujols then I will probably roll up into a ball and cry... hes on all 3 of my fantasy teams and 1 of them is a dynasty league!

Edit: Papi would seem logical right now, but even if he used PED's hes not hitting for power right now, which (if he was in fact using PED's the last couple years) would mean hes probably off them now because he doesn't want to get caught. I dont know but thats just my 2 cents

My money's on Pujols.

Remember 2 years ago when a TV station in St. Louis mistakenly linked Pujols' name to the Mitchell report and he banned that station from his press conference later that day ? Pujols has always had a swirl of mystery surrounding him, whether it be steroid/PED usage or about his age. I really hope it's not King Albert.

Although hardly a star anymore look at Pudge. And also....google a picture of Gabe Kapler when he was with the Tigers and look at him now. It dos'nt get much more obvious than him even though he's not a star by any means.

Jamie Moyer?! B)

It can't be him, the steroids shorten your life expectency so much that he would be dead already.

I heard Metamucil is a masking agent though.

Although hardly a start anymore look at Pudge. And also....google a picture of Gabe Kapler when he was with the Tigers and look at him now. It dodsnt get much more obvious than him even though he's not a star by any means.

I'm kind of excluding guys like Pudge and Ortiz because they were users, but in case people haven't noticed, their production has fallen off considerably since the testing started. MLB isn't going to punish for past offenses, but is only going for guys that test positive now.

Jamie Moyer?! B)

The only performance enhancing agents Jamie Moyer is guilty of are guile, cunning, and cleverness.