Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

Underworld Movie Series

I think I must be one of the only people who loves these movies. Sure they're a little cheesy and won't be winning any oscars but there is something about midieval vampire movies that I can't resist. And no matter if you like the movies or not, the guy who plays Victor is such a great fit for the role as vampire ruler! I love how he looks like he's having spasms in his face as he talks.

Anyways I figured I start a thread for us fans of the series.

And no matter if you like the movies or not, the guy who plays Victor is such a great fit for the role as vampire ruler! I love how he looks like he's having spasms in his face as he talks.

Bill Nighy is the only reason I like those movies. (Okay, obviously I like the genre a little if I'm watching the flicks in the first place.) That cat is incredibly watchable in everything he does.

His turn as the burned out rock singer in "Still Crazy" makes that movie. Note that that movie was released 4 years prior to the premiere of "The Osbournes", yet he seems to be channeling the spirit of Oz. The "remote" scenes are classic.

A wildly entertaining presence.

Sorry to hijack a thread about your affection for the Underworld franchise, Pig, but upon seeing your comments I just had to chime in on Nighy. Love that guy.

I'll be requesting them from Netflix over the next few weeks, they look very interesting.

Bill Nighy is the only reason I like those movies. (Okay, obviously I like the genre a little if I'm watching the flicks in the first place.) That cat is incredibly watchable in everything he does.

His turn as the burned out rock singer in "Still Crazy" makes that movie. Note that that movie was released 4 years prior to the premiere of "The Osbournes", yet he seems to be channeling the spirit of Oz. The "remote" scenes are classic.

A wildly entertaining presence.

Sorry to hijack a thread about your affection for the Underworld franchise, Pig, but upon seeing your comments I just had to chime in on Nighy. Love that guy.

Agreed, Bill Nighy is a great actor. I always enjoy his performances.

I enjoyed the 1st Underworld film. I thought it was pretty strong overall in plot, performances, & special effects. The actual climax was disappointing though.

The whole film is a build up to the vampire / werewolf hybrid, & when it finally appears, my reaction was, "That's it???"

I didn't care for the 2nd one as much. I haven't seen the 3rd, but plan to Netflix the DVD soon.

I've only seen the first (and liked it) but from what I've heard they went downhill from there, with the 2nd so-so, and the 3rd really bad. (Just like The Matrix!)

I've only seen the first (and liked it) but from what I've heard they went downhill from there, with the 2nd so-so, and the 3rd really bad. (Just like The Matrix!)

The 1st was the best but it's a toss up between 2 and 3 for me. 2 was probably a better overall movie but the 3rd was full of Victor and I love mideival stuff like I said. Of course 3 didn't have Kate Beckinsale either which is a little let down, but she wasn't born yet when the movie took place lol. The girl that starred in Rise of the Lycons wasn't too shabby too look at anyways.

I just saw Rise of the Lycans on DVD. I actually enjoyed this one a bit more than part 2. It is flawed, but it was fun nonetheless. Oh, & my eyes prefer Rhona Mitra over Kate Beckinsale. B)

I just saw Rise of the Lycans on DVD. I actually enjoyed this one a bit more than part 2. It is flawed, but it was fun nonetheless. Oh, & my eyes prefer Rhona Mitra over Kate Beckinsale. B)

Rhona Mitra had t*ts like a field mouse until her "modification". (Maybe Beyonce gave her an "Upgrade"?)

Other thing that puts me off her is her stache. Usually not a deal-breaker (I'm a Penelope Cruz fan) but it's part of an overall aesthetic. With Mitra the closer you look at her the less appealing she becomes, IMO. Sometimes she reminds me of a really hot drag queen.

Rhona Mitra had t*ts like a field mouse until her "modification". (Maybe Beyonce gave her an "Upgrade"?)

Other thing that puts me off her is her stache. Usually not a deal-breaker (I'm a Penelope Cruz fan) but it's part of an overall aesthetic. With Mitra the closer you look at her the less appealing she becomes, IMO. Sometimes she reminds me of a really hot drag queen.

B)

I do respect differing opinions, esp. on women. We can't all like the same thing! However, I do welcome any opportunity to inspect Rhona Mitra MUCH more closely. :)

It's like someone said about Michell Rodriguez. She's the hottest dude I've ever seen.

It's like someone said about Michell Rodriguez. She's the hottest dude I've ever seen.

B)

Thing is I wouldn't want to go on the record as saying that about Rodriguez. My sh*t is scared of her. :)

Ever seen "Girlfight"? Break up with that babe at your own risk. Might go all "Left Eye" on your as$.

BTW- You guys know that Mitra was the action model for the later "Tomb Raider" Laura Croft? (Post upgrade, natch)

I just saw Rise of the Lycans on DVD. I actually enjoyed this one a bit more than part 2. It is flawed, but it was fun nonetheless. Oh, & my eyes prefer Rhona Mitra over Kate Beckinsale.

Just saw it as well and was pleasantly surprised. I guess I was a little leery based on the subtitle (sounded like a 1960's monster flick) and the lack of hype but I liked it as much the 1st and much better than the 2nd.

havn't seen any of them but im considering just cause kate beckinsale is in them B)