Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Champions League Final

The top club team in Europe, if not the world, will be decided on Wednesday in Rome when newly-crowned, 11-time EPL champion United takes on Spanish champion Barcelona.

Barca steamrolled their opponents this year, scoring 156 goals in the process; United dealt with injury to key performers throughout the year, but established themselves once again as one the top teams on the continent.

Barca is hoping to have striker Thierry Henry and midfielder Andres Iniesta available, but are thin in the defense with no Rafael Marquez due to injury, and Daniel Alves and Eric Abidal suspended; they will get Carlos Puyol back to help out. Strikers Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi and midfielder Xavi Hernandez will need to carry the load, but are among the best in the world, and should be up to the challenge; Messi leads the tournament with eight goals.

United is healthier and expects to have stalwart defender Rio Ferdinand back from injury, but will be without Daniel Fletcher due to suspension. UNited comes in well rested, with all but defender Wes Brown getting yesterday's EPL final off. Cristiano Ronaldo missed out on a second consecutive EPL scoring title by one goal; he had 26 in all competitions.

They've faced each other nine previous times, with United winning three, Barca two, and four draws.

I'll go with United, 2-1.

a beautiful result for me

with the final 4 including my 3 most hated teams (chelsea, man u, arsenal in that order), i was just hoping to god that barcelona pulled through somehow

phew!

now, lets go everton for the f.a. cup!

I have to admit, I have not seen, nor know, how this ends. I had to work late yesterday, and missed the replay at 11. I don't want to find out who won until I've had a chance to watch it.

All I know is that Barcelona scored at least once....which means I was at least right about something! B)

Finally getting to watch it.....pretty goal by Eto'o.

You don't often see United getting broken down like that.

a beautiful result for me

with the final 4 including my 3 most hated teams (chelsea, man u, arsenal in that order), i was just hoping to god that barcelona pulled through somehow

phew!

now, lets go everton for the f.a. cup!

Indeed......time for the Tims to step up!

HOLY CRAP

That was a beautiful goal by Messi.....cannot believe I can't find video of it.