Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnnystick77

Favorite "adult beverage"

It got you too eh? Electric Lemonade is something I will never drink again.

is this the ol beer, vodka, and country time lemonade mix you speak of?

if it is, i just tried it this last weekend and i agree, never again...

Beer choices: King Ludwig, 312, Summer Shandy, Carlsburg

Drink: Irish Car Bomb

Nonalchoholic: arizona diet green tea or gatorade tiger green

Where's the best place to buy it?

As of recently, Absinthe is legally available in the US again.

As of recently, Absinthe is legally available in the US again.

Really? Last I heard they had made stuff close to it in New Orleans and Austin but it wasn't legal in the U.S. yet. As far as the best place to buy it- when I was in europe the cheapest place to buy it was in the Czech Republic (Prague) but you can buy it all over europe I'm pretty sure

Really? Last I heard they had made stuff close to it in New Orleans and Austin but it wasn't legal in the U.S. yet. As far as the best place to buy it- when I was in europe the cheapest place to buy it was in the Czech Republic (Prague) but you can buy it all over europe I'm pretty sure

It's legal here. The bottle sitting in my kitchen was purchased in a PA state store this calendar year.

http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/webapp/Product_...p;submit=SEARCH

It really all depends on my mood. My fallback beer, and one that I drink the Most, is Amstel Light.

I do go into my Guiness spurts. All the Sam seasonal beers are good...

I recently tried Boddingtons. Its a British Ale, and it goes down real smooth. It is not very complex though. It has a nice honey aftertaste.

Wachusett Blueberry is an awesome beer too.

I drink Twisted Tea alot. Peach is my fav.

For drinks, Captain and Coke, is my current kick. I also do cognac and coke, and love Remy Martin VSOP.

I used to be big into Vodka, and every once and a while I go back to it. Goose is my favorite by far. I did a vodka taste test one night at this local bar, where I know the bartender. He gave me samples of about 12 different Vodkas, not flavored ones, and I was blind to which Vodka it was. I chose Grey Goose as my favorite, with Belv 2nd, Stoli 3rd, Some Special Smirnoff 4th, and so on. Of the name brands, Kettle One was my least favorite, then Absolute. So for Vodka drinks: Red Bull and Raspberry Stoli, Vodka-Cran, Vodka-sprite-splash of cran.

For shots, can't go wrong with Jager Bombs, or Jager straight, as long as it is cold. I also like Patron Silver, and a tequila called Milagro. It is real smooth. Margaritas are always good.

If I drink Gin and Tonic, which I do on occasion, it has to be Sapphire or Hendricks. I don't drink Tang. Tang is nasty...

I don't drink much though... B)

I hate whiskey...

Best summer drink of all time: Dark and Stormy

Goslings Rum

Ginger Beer

Fresh Lime Juice

Ice

Booyah!!!! Perfect poolside drink, very refreshing.

By the way, in regards to the Electric Lemonade posts, stuff you drink out of trashcan-type drink:

Besides my post above, which is a super refreshing summertime drink, i have a similair drink to your punch(s) that you could very well fall in love with. The recipe came from my fiance's aunt in Charleston SC, and it's as follows (give this one a try before you knock it):

Summer Brew

Ingerdients:

1 can of frozen limeade (standard size)

1 can of same empty limeade container filled with your vodka of choice

3-4 light beers of your choice (Bud Light, Coors Light, etc)

Directions:

In a standard pitcher, mix the limeade, vodka, and 3-4 beers. Make sure the ingredients are cold bc ice will water down your "brew." Some light ice in the finished product would be no problem, but not while you're mixing it. Enjoy in a frosty mug by your favorite pool/beach/patio.

This one tends to be a bit dangerous because you could feed it to your grandmother and she could very well think it was non-alcoholic. So remember that even though it tastes like a beer with some tart/lime taste, it's got vodka in it.

Enjoy

Goslings Rum

Ginger Beer

Fresh Lime Juice

Ice

That sounds delicious, might have to mix one up this weekend

That sounds delicious, might have to mix one up this weekend

This bar I go to makes them. They are pretty good. I always forget about them too.

By the way, in regards to the Electric Lemonade posts, stuff you drink out of trashcan-type drink:

Summer Brew...

This is nasty - a friend made it at a party - but true enough, people did get smashed off it.

Favorite beers: Any Double/Imperial IPA - top three are Russian River Brewery's Pliny the Elder, Lagunitas' Hop Stoopid, and Hair Of The Dog's Blue Dot DIPA.

Favorite spirits: Lagavulin 16 (if I'm not buying), Bowmore 12 (if I am), McAllans 12

Favorite quickest way to three sheets/drink to share: Texas Tea (also known as Tennessee Tea in some circles)

Five Clears:

1 part Tequila

1 part Vodka

1 part Gin

1 part Dark Whisky (JD, Makers or the like)

1 part Triple Sec

1 part Light Rum

Pour over ice. Fill up the glass with sweet in sour (regular margarita mix works in a pinch) and add a dash of OJ and coke.

For fun/the ladies, I like to blend it up and pour it into a empty (and clean) 2-liter of Cactus Cooler and bring it to the pool. It makes for a fun afternoon to say the least. B)

Crown and coke.

I used to be a Capt'n and Coke regular, but got burnt out, although I like the Private Stock. Those of you that like the regular Capn's, I highly recommend the Private Stock.

Long Island Icetea at the bar.

Beer: I grew up in the Sierra's, so Sierra Nevada will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know if you guys get them out East or not. Good stuff.

Shots: Nothing beats Patron.

Cigars: Cohiba or Arturo Fuentes. Obviously a Cuban if you can get them.

Man, now I want a nice Cohiba and to be sipping on some Crown. Maybe later. Gotta love the summer time.

Man, this thread is takin a turn as it goes on......references to Lagavulin? Wow! Count me in. Different take on Long Island/Texas/Tenn Teas (and we're putting it in an empty 2 liter)? Patron shots? Oh yeah.

All this makes me think of is if the RW'ers could all throw a big party. It would probably last three days, lol. None of us would have significant others after it was done. It would look like a cross between the Hangover/Old School.

Noticed there was just a reference to cigars now too.....I'll be in the Dom Rep. in early August on my honeymoon. Somebody organize the RW party and i'll bring the Cubans.

Crown and coke.

I used to be a Capt'n and Coke regular, but got burnt out, although I like the Private Stock. Those of you that like the regular Capn's, I highly recommend the Private Stock.

Long Island Icetea at the bar.

Beer: I grew up in the Sierra's, so Sierra Nevada will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know if you guys get them out East or not. Good stuff.

Shots: Nothing beats Patron.

Cigars: Cohiba or Arturo Fuentes. Obviously a Cuban if you can get them.

Man, now I want a nice Cohiba and to be sipping on some Crown. Maybe later. Gotta love the summer time.

I also got burned out on Captain and switched to Crown when I have the cash, or a cheaper Canadian whiskey if I have to scrounge. It just seemed that Captain had really started to get to sweet recently. Never have been a big Bacardi fan as it always had this chemical like aftertaste to me.

Sierra Nevada is one of the beers I hate most. Weird taste and my local hangout repaced Newcastle with it. I'm pretty sure you ca. Get it just about anywhere though.

My fav cigar is by far a CAO Brazilia, preferably with a torpedo tip.

Goslings Rum

Ginger Beer

Fresh Lime Juice

Ice

That sounds like a great drink. i'll go and make me one right now.

Texas Tea (also known as Tennessee Tea in some circles)

Five Clears:

1 part Tequila

1 part Vodka

1 part Gin

1 part Dark Whisky (JD, Makers or the like)

1 part Triple Sec

1 part Light Rum

Pour over ice. Fill up the glass with sweet in sour (regular margarita mix works in a pinch) and add a dash of OJ and coke.

For fun/the ladies, I like to blend it up and pour it into a empty (and clean) 2-liter of Cactus Cooler and bring it to the pool. It makes for a fun afternoon to say the least. B)

Need to "addendify" this:

Vodka - This is probably common knowledge, but never go cheap on the vodka. I use Ketel.

Bourbon Whisky - All the standard commercial bourbon whiskeys (JD, Makers, Jim Beam) will work - go Jim if you want it a bit sweeter (but i don't know why you would).

Gin - I use Bombay Sapphire for the gin and have used Tangueray in the past. I stay away from Gordon's but that's mostly just a preference thing.

Triple Sec - typically you can go cheap here too, using a DeKuypers or Hiram Walker, but if you want to class it up, use Gran Marnier, and go sparing (like 0.75/0.80 part instead of 1) b/c the finer orange liqueurs will really overpower the drink. I wouldn't use Cointreau at all - the orange flavor is too strong, and unnecessary.

Tequila - I've used many kinds of tequila here, and the gold standard is Jose Cuervo, with Cazadores in a pinch. Fine tequilas like Patron, Terra Firma et al are a complete waste in this drink.

Light Rum - I've never deviated from Bacardi Light, more out of necessity than anything else. Don't sub spiced or flavored rums (Captain/Malibu), obviously.

Whatever gets me wasted works. I prefer Hoegaarden to any other beer but given it is a rare beer I usually go Heineken Light or Bud Light, Goose and Tonic with a lime for mixed drinks, Soco and lime for a shot and Jaeger Bombs for crazy shots.

Whatever gets me wasted works. I prefer Hoegaarden to any other beer but given it is a rare beer I usually go Heineken Light or Bud Light, Goose and Tonic with a lime for mixed drinks, Soco and lime for a shot and Jaeger Bombs for crazy shots.

This post, from start to finish, is how my nights have gone before. Always pay for it with the Jaeger too......every.....time.

It's either in the form of a mean hangover or a necessary apology.

This post, from start to finish, is how my nights have gone before. Always pay for it with the Jaeger too......every.....time.

It's either in the form of a mean hangover or a necessary apology.

We gotta chill and get into some trouble then.

Rare as in hard to find or as in rare that you actually buy it? Either way, that is a crap a** beer IMO out of both the bottle or on tap. I'd rather have a Zima.

Need to "addendify" this:

Vodka - This is probably common knowledge, but never go cheap on the vodka. I use Ketel.

Ketel tastes awful to me. It's like rubbing alcohol. Why not Grey Goose?

Rare as in hard to find or as in rare that you actually buy it? Either way, that is a crap a** beer IMO out of both the bottle or on tap. I'd rather have a Zima.

Of course you would, Mary...that's your preferred drink...

Ketel tastes awful to me. It's like rubbing alcohol. Why not Grey Goose?

In mixed drinks you want a vodka w/ low flavor imho - Grey Goose is unreasonably expensive, and also imho, tastes more like rubbing alcohol than Ketel. B)

I, in general, hate all forms of vodka, but I think that's cuz I've done shots w/ Ukrainians - you want stuff that will turn you inside out, make friends w/ some - I think they use old car engines to filter their vodka!

In mixed drinks you want a vodka w/ low flavor imho - Grey Goose is unreasonably expensive, and also imho, tastes more like rubbing alcohol than Ketel. B)

I, in general, hate all forms of vodka, but I think that's cuz I've done shots w/ Ukrainians - you want stuff that will turn you inside out, make friends w/ some - I think they use old car engines to filter their vodka!

I've done that with some Polish and Russians that j know that brought bottles from there. I swear it'd not even vodka, it's something entirely different.