Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnnystick77

Favorite "adult beverage"

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sam's Summer on draft. Not much of a fan of the other season's beer from Sam Adams, but I love this stuff in the summer.

Gotta go with Blue Moon. B)

Blue Moon's one of the better beers Coors makes, that's for sure. :) I'm guessing you live up in the Northeast - you have a microbrewery that brews the best witbier (Blue Moon is a witbier) near you up in Maine called Allagash Brewery. Allagash White is the best witbier I've ever tasted.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sam's Summer on draft. Not much of a fan of the other season's beer from Sam Adams, but I love this stuff in the summer.

I'm a fan of Noble Pils, but that's about the only Sam Adams I'll touch. Just not a fan of their beers for some reason - they taste too wild or something.

Blue Moon's one of the better beers Coors makes, that's for sure. B) I'm guessing you live up in the Northeast - you have a microbrewery that brews the best witbier (Blue Moon is a witbier) near you up in Maine called Allagash Brewery. Allagash White is the best witbier I've ever tasted.

I'm a fan of Noble Pils, but that's about the only Sam Adams I'll touch. Just not a fan of their beers for some reason - they taste too wild or something.

I've had Allagash, and it's definitely a solid brew! Outside of Sam's Summer, I just haven't acquired much of a taste of other Sam Adams brews.

In general, I'm not too keen on the darker ales, as I'm not big on the after taste most of them bring. I'm also not too keen on thicker largers (yes, Guinness). I'm thinking it's a texture thing. Typically I stick with the lighter beers (Rolling Rock, Bud Light, Coors Light). There's also nothing wrong with a stiff mixed drink too. I'm a fan of Captain Morgan, so getting creative is an easy task.

Blue Moon's one of the better beers Coors makes, that's for sure. B) I'm guessing you live up in the Northeast - you have a microbrewery that brews the best witbier (Blue Moon is a witbier) near you up in Maine called Allagash Brewery. Allagash White is the best witbier I've ever tasted.

Yup, I live in NY (Long Island). Definitely gonna have to give Allagash a shot.

Honestly, though, there are so many different beers out there... I've only had about 15-20, so who knows what other hidden gems I'll find down the road (Allagash has potential :)).

Allagash isn't for me...Blue Moon is decent, but Shock Top takes the cake on the lighter beers for me...

Favorite beers right now are probably Dogfish Head 90 min, Kilkenny, Long Trail IPA, Arrogant Bastard and for an everyday beer Bud Light.

Jameson and Basil Hayden both neat are probably the two non beer drinks that I'm drinking right now, as it gets warmer I'll start drinking more chilled cocktails.

Favorite beers would be Blue Moon, Yuengling and Magic Hat.

Favorite mixed drink is Captain and Coke. Classic.

Favorite beers would be Blue Moon, Yuengling and Magic Hat.

Favorite mixed drink is Captain and Coke. Classic.

Atta boy!

I hate all liquor with a passion (but I'll still drink it because it's more bang for your buck when you get a handle...). Beer is a real man's drink. B)

Atta boy!

I hate all liquor with a passion (but I'll still drink it because it's more bang for your buck when you get a handle...). Beer is a real man's drink. :)

Whisky is a real man's drink. Put down your ZIMA! B)

(Do they even make ZIMA anymore?)

Whisky is a real man's drink. Put down your ZIMA! :lol:

(Do they even make ZIMA anymore?)

I don't believe so, but Smirnoff Ice is a nice alternative on a really hot summer day. It also has about the alcohol % as most beers, so I don't feel too embarrassed when I'm drinking it. B)

I definitely like whiskey the best out of all the hard stuff. Cocktails are nice to sip on, too. I'M PROUD TO ADMIT I LIKE TEQUILA SUNRISES!!! :)

I don't believe so, but Smirnoff Ice is a nice alternative on a really hot summer day. It also has about the alcohol % as most beers, so I don't feel too embarrassed when I'm drinking it. B)

I definitely like whiskey the best out of all the hard stuff. Cocktails are nice to sip on, too. I'M PROUD TO ADMIT I LIKE TEQUILA SUNRISES!!! :)

I have no problems drinking girly drinks. Twisted Tea is Bomb, especially the Peach one! I love Martini's of all sorts, and Margarita's. I also love the simplicity of a Capt. and Coke. Jager and Jager Bombs are always fun too, along with shots of Patron...

A new one my friend made a few weeks ago: Jameson, Baileys, Creme de Menth...shaken over ice and shoot it! Tastes like an Andes mint and it gets you hammered...

I have no problems drinking girly drinks. Twisted Tea is Bomb, especially the Peach one! I love Martini's of all sorts, and Margarita's. I also love the simplicity of a Capt. and Coke. Jager and Jager Bombs are always fun too, along with shots of Patron...

A new one my friend made a few weeks ago: Jameson, Baileys, Creme de Menth...shaken over ice and shoot it! Tastes like an Andes mint and it gets you hammered...

Ahh you're making me jealous dude, my college student budget doesn't allow me to buy Patron too regularly. B)

I'm gonna have to try that out! Jameson is awesome, never had Creme de Menth, though I'm assuming it's meant to be sweet like Blueberry Smirnoff.

Ahh you're making me jealous dude, my college student budget doesn't allow me to buy Patron too regularly. B)

I'm gonna have to try that out! Jameson is awesome, never had Creme de Menth, though I'm assuming it's meant to be sweet like Blueberry Smirnoff.

Creme de menth is a minty green liquor...

Hidden
Knock Off Coach Handbags As the expert, I can assist. Together we can come to a right answer. In my opinion you are not right. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk. I am assured, that you are not right. Cheap Coach Shoes On Sale In it something is. Many thanks for the help in this question, now I will know. I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. Write to me in PM, we will discuss. It is improbable. I am assured, that you on a false way. Coach stylish handbag-081

Just had Leinenkugel Summer Shandy for the first time. Wow, it is smooth. I honestly feel like I could drink 5 of those in 5 minutes and not feel full. The hit would probably come out of nowhere and floor me, though. B)

Just had Leinenkugel Summer Shandy for the first time. Wow, it is smooth. I honestly feel like I could drink 5 of those in 5 minutes and not feel full. The hit would probably come out of nowhere and floor me, though. B)

Men actually drink that "beer"?

As for me, in the summer, I go with vodka tonic preferably with Ketel, but will go with Absolut if it's not available.

Anyone else like the Woodchucks? It's basically all I drink in the summer time.... Its great!

As for me, in the summer, I go with vodka tonic preferably with Ketel, but will go with Absolut if it's not available.

"Men" actually drink vodka over whiskey, rum and home-brew? B)

Pardon the assumption Bob, but given your posts in the football thread I assume you're a Chicago native - have you ever tried Goose Island? Apparently it was good enough to get Anheuser-Busch to purchase it. I had never heard of them til recently and was wondering if it was a local fave.

Pardon the assumption Bob, but given your posts in the football thread I assume you're a Chicago native - have you ever tried Goose Island? Apparently it was good enough to get Anheuser-Busch to purchase it. I had never heard of them til recently and was wondering if it was a local fave.

Without a doubt my favorite beer. Pisses me off they don't sell it in the state I'm currently in (last I saw, their site said they only sold it in ~13 states, but can't find that on their page). If you ever have a chance, try the Honker's Ale. The 312 is also very very good. The only one I don't like is their IPAs, but I'm just not a fan of those in general. I actually went to their brewery in Chicago (not the one near Wrigley) and had some tastings and lunch. Great place, and a great time, with some amazing food at a decent price.

Without a doubt my favorite beer. Pisses me off they don't sell it in the state I'm currently in (last I saw, their site said they only sold it in ~13 states, but can't find that on their page). If you ever have a chance, try the Honker's Ale. The 312 is also very very good. The only one I don't like is their IPAs, but I'm just not a fan of those in general. I actually went to their brewery in Chicago (not the one near Wrigley) and had some tastings and lunch. Great place, and a great time, with some amazing food at a decent price.

Good recommendation! I love IPAs but after looking at the hop/malt bill I think I'll pass - more a fan of the west coast IPAs than English style.

Good recommendation! I love IPAs but after looking at the hop/malt bill I think I'll pass - more a fan of the west coast IPAs than English style.

Better hurry up and try it then. One of the original owners was the head brewmaster, and he's only sticking on with an advisory role, unlike his prior role of having complete and total control. In other words, I doubt he'll be with the company much longer.

Better hurry up and try it then. One of the original owners was the head brewmaster, and he's only sticking on with an advisory role, unlike his prior role of having complete and total control. In other words, I doubt he'll be with the company much longer.

Maybe he'll break off and do his own thing - you know once those macro-brewers get their hands on the production the quality will begin to slip to meet the market of the "more taste less filling" crowds. B)

Maybe he'll break off and do his own thing - you know once those macro-brewers get their hands on the production the quality will begin to slip to meet the market of the "more taste less filling" crowds. B)

If that's the case, why sell and start from scratch? I highly doubt that happens. I think they started up in like 92, or something like that, so his base was big enough that he's set for life. I think he just wants out entirely, and cashed in on his dream. Props to him for doing so. But yeah, I'll be drinking it every chance I get before it does become water downed.

Two of my favorites are local. Bell's Oberon is probably my favorite Ale for summer consumption. Brewed just outside of Kalamazoo, MI.

This past winter Detroit Brewing Co. began making a Sander's Chocolate Stout. Sander's is a famous chocolate/fudge made here in Michigan as well. Dark, but not real heavy. A great beer.

I'm a beer lover who loves to try different beers all the time. Is it possible to mail a 6 pack? If so, I'd love to swap addresses with another beer lover and try some brews from different regions and I could send some Michigan stuff your way. Just a thought...