Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Randolph Traded to Knicks

Rotoworld Headlines

The Knicks and Blazers have agreed in principal to a deal that will send Zach Randolph, Dan Dickau and Fred Jones to New York for Channing Frye and Steve Francis.

This is big news, especially for the Knicks, who immediately become better with a possible front line of Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph and David Lee, while the Blazers get rid of Randolph, who was becoming a public relations nightmare in Portland and, along with Darius Miles, was the last bad apple left on the team. Blazers fans may be questioning the deal, but this just shows how desperate they were to get him out of their locker room. We're not sure where Francis or Frye will fit in with their new team, and it's shocking the Knicks were able to add such a big-time player without having to give up any part of their core. You can expect Isiah Thomas to be heralded by Knicks fans, at least in the short term, after this deal.

Jun. 28 - 9:24 pm et

awesome trade for the knicks. stupid trade for the blazers. they couldve gotten way more than crapchise and the tall creampuff channing frye.

Excellent trade considering what the Knicks gave up. Most fans were really down on Frye (Mr. Softee) and Francis, who we should have never traded for in the first place.

I agree that talent-wise that trade is a coup for the Knicks, but that starting front line (Curry and Randolph) is going to be amazing offensively and basically non-existent defensively. I still think it makes a ton of sense to me for New York. I'm thinking playoffs for the Knicks next season.

Rotoworld Headlines

The Knicks and Blazers have agreed in principal to a deal that will send Zach Randolph, Dan Dickau and Fred Jones to New York for Channing Frye and Steve Francis.

This is big news, especially for the Knicks, who immediately become better with a possible front line of Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph and David Lee, while the Blazers get rid of Randolph, who was becoming a public relations nightmare in Portland and, along with Darius Miles, was the last bad apple left on the team. Blazers fans may be questioning the deal, but this just shows how desperate they were to get him out of their locker room. We're not sure where Francis or Frye will fit in with their new team, and it's shocking the Knicks were able to add such a big-time player without having to give up any part of their core. You can expect Isiah Thomas to be heralded by Knicks fans, at least in the short term, after this deal.

Jun. 28 - 9:24 pm et

awesome deal for Knicks obviously...this should hurt Lee's value somewhat....

awesome deal for Knicks obviously...this should hurt Lee's value somewhat....

I think this if anything helps Lee's value. To me his value was rebounding with limited points. Now with the worst rebounding front court in the league they are going to need him in there so someone is even familiar with the term "rebound" I think he will get a ton of time at SF with this move and no more Frye to split time.

Ugh.. this marrs an otherwise great day for Portland. Randolph for Stevie Franchise-Killer and Frye? Yuck. They could have gotten way more for that. I still don't think the Knicks will make much noise - Randolph is a clone of Curry. Still, it's a good deal for them.

Portland was way too hasty to deal Randolph.

I agree that talent-wise that trade is a coup for the Knicks, but that starting front line (Curry and Randolph) is going to be amazing offensively and basically non-existent defensively. I still think it makes a ton of sense to me for New York. I'm thinking playoffs for the Knicks next season.

Agreed, mostly. Randolph is a talent, but brings some baggage to NYC. This is a high risk, high reward move for the Knicks, since Randolph is called a ticking time-bomb for a reason.

Great trade for the Knicks. Now we just have to find out how to limit Zach's off court issues.

I am very happy to get rid of Franchise and his contract. I like Channing but he was very soft. Like Rotoworld said, it shows how much Portland wanted to get rid of Zach because of what they got in return. If we can't make the playoffs now...there's no hope.

I love the starting lineup of Stephon, Crawford, Lee, Zach, Curry. With Q, Fred Jones, and Nate coming off the bench.

Great trade for the Knicks. Now we just have to find out how to limit Zach's off court issues.

I am very happy to get rid of Franchise and his contract. I like Channing but he was very soft. Like Rotoworld said, it shows how much Portland wanted to get rid of Zach because of what they got in return. If we can't make the playoffs now...there's no hope.

I love the starting lineup of Stephon, Crawford, Lee, Zach, Curry. With Q, Fred Jones, and Nate coming off the bench.

i think q-rich makes more sense in the starting lineup. with z-bo and curry in the paint, knicks need more shooters on the floor to stretch the D (marbury and crawford are not shooters). meanwhile d-lee = 6th man of the yr.

As a Portland person, I was hoping for a little more talent from a Randolph trade but the blazers wanted to get away from his contract and off court issues. The Knicks will struggle with Zach being forced away from the paint because Curry will be in there. If Zach feels free to shoot 18' jumpers all season then he will oblige and not offensive rebound which is actually a strong suit for him. This will hurt Lee's value. Lee can not play 3 for any length of time. A starting frontcout of Curry, Randolph and Lee doesn't work on either end of the court. The Knicks need a 3 that can play defense and make open shots.

I have to agree with the other poster. Last summer Frye was considered untouchable. The Blazers will keep Frye and punt Franchise. At this point, the Blazers just wanted to focus on the future. In the end, Zach is really an Eastern Conference type player. The Knicks picked up a valuable asset for next to nothing. The Blazer rid themselves of a headache and a player that didn't fit into their future while picking up a nice young reserve big man and shorter term contract.

true. the blazers essentially traded randolph for a back up big and future cap space.

poor stevie, nobody wants him.....actually LOL. i hate the guy.

i think q-rich makes more sense in the starting lineup. with z-bo and curry in the paint, knicks need more shooters on the floor to stretch the D (marbury and crawford are not shooters). meanwhile d-lee = 6th man of the yr.

Probably makes alot more sense. I am just a big fan of D Lee. He is probably better suited coming off the bench. Q can rebound good for a 3 as well.

Probably makes alot more sense. I am just a big fan of D Lee. He is probably better suited coming off the bench. Q can rebound good for a 3 as well.

I'm a David Lee fan too. He's got talent & heart. I hope Lee gets a chance to start ...