Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAEF715

BEN WALLACE AND NOAH COMBO

could wallace and noah be the worst big man combo in history from an offensive ability standpoint?

if these guys played a game of one on one, and nobody could dunk, would anybody score?

They would eventually foul each other and I think Noah would be him 1-0. In all seriousness though, the Bulls are going to have to hold their opponents to an average PPG of about 85 to stand any chance with that front court.

i think that would be kobe's dream big man pairing....they'd just rebound and throw the ball back out to him to hoist another shot...

i just don't see this as being the great draft everyone has said.... after the top 2, i wasnt very excited..al horford at 3? sure he is dominating on the boards in college, but the nba is a different story..

Yeah I don't get is why everyone thinks the Bulls had such a great draft, I hate what they did, all they did was bring in a worse version of Tyson Chandler, a Janero Pargo on drugs who will probably never see time out of the NBDL because of attitude and behavior problems, and maybe the least athletic basketball player ever. The only guy I have any hope for in the draft is Gray I think maybe he can develope some post moves and be solid but never good.

the only good thing about the draft is aaron gray. the good thing about drafting him is that he's experienced and very well could be a rotation player right off the bat as a back-up C. thats actually good value for where he was drafted, considering he was once projected in the high first round.

noah and wallace will play with great energy, but energy still wont get you lowpost points. i hope the bulls deal noah soon.

noah + duhon for sean may + filler (maybe matt carroll?) + future 2nd

Any shot the Bulls deal Noah and Duhon for Yi? I really can't see any scenario in which he does play in MIL and I know it'd be tough for them to trade him within the division but better than him going straight back into the draft.

Any shot the Bulls deal Noah and Duhon for Yi? I really can't see any scenario in which he does play in MIL and I know it'd be tough for them to trade him within the division but better than him going straight back into the draft.

i dunno dude. the bucks completely underestimated how big of a mistake they made by taking yi. we're not just talking about yi's reps being upset, the CHINESE GOVERNMENT is upset. the good thing is that they didnt completely lose leverage if they wanted to deal yi. there are plenty of teams out there that are willing to overpay for yi just cuz of the amount of revenue he would bring.

yi cant re-enter the draft, he'd just have to play overseas til the bucks find a suitor.

bucks owners got greedy by drafting yi, and it very well could backfire.

I know the sixers wanted to trade up to get Yi badly, and would still love to come up with a deal...we've got a lot of swingmen and nothing inside.....

i dunno dude. the bucks completely underestimated how big of a mistake they made by taking yi. we're not just talking about yi's reps being upset, the CHINESE GOVERNMENT is upset. the good thing is that they didnt completely lose leverage if they wanted to deal yi. there are plenty of teams out there that are willing to overpay for yi just cuz of the amount of revenue he would bring.

yi cant re-enter the draft, he'd just have to play overseas til the bucks find a suitor.

bucks owners got greedy by drafting yi, and it very well could backfire.

I thought if they don't sign him to a contract by a specific date he is eligible for the next draft? The problem though is that even though there are a ton of suitors for Yi, the market in which he and his government is willing to let him play in is limited, Chicago has a large Chinese population so he could obviously go there and I hope he does.

I thought if they don't sign him to a contract by a specific date he is eligible for the next draft? The problem though is that even though there are a ton of suitors for Yi, the market in which he and his government is willing to let him play in is limited, Chicago has a large Chinese population so he could obviously go there and I hope he does.

nah you're thinking about the baseball draft. in the NBA, once they draft you, they have your rights til you either join their team or you're dealt.

yi's reps actually didnt mind him going to alot of places. the only team that they didnt want to draft him, in what was his projected draft range, was milwaukee. i didnt hear about his team complaining if he had dropped to charlotte, dont think theres a large chinese population there neither.

Yeah I don't get is why everyone thinks the Bulls had such a great draft, I hate what they did, all they did was bring in a worse version of Tyson Chandler, a Janero Pargo on drugs who will probably never see time out of the NBDL because of attitude and behavior problems, and maybe the least athletic basketball player ever. The only guy I have any hope for in the draft is Gray I think maybe he can develope some post moves and be solid but never good.

It's kind of funny actually cause a month ago everyone was saying it could be one of the worst drafts ever after Durant and Oden. Then all of a sudden everyone starts saying the best and deepest draft ever.

I agree with you...I'm not too excited about this draft except for the top two.

It's kind of funny actually cause a month ago everyone was saying it could be one of the worst drafts ever after Durant and Oden. Then all of a sudden everyone starts saying the best and deepest draft ever.

Yeah this was a weird draft, I think there was a ton of 2nd round talent compared to recent drafts but after the top 2 not a whole lot.

i never heard anyone saying that this was gonna be the worst draft ever. while its not as deep as 03' in terms of star quality at the top, there was solid quality into the mid 20s.

What pissed me off listening to the idiots on ESPN talk about the draft was them constantly talking how Noah could have been a #1 overall pick last year (I personally think 4 at best last year) and so they took that as the draft is much deeper with elite talent. That is far from the case as to over the year Noah took a huge step downward and had a very quite March with the exception of screaming a lot.

What pissed me off listening to the idiots on ESPN talk about the draft was them constantly talking how Noah could have been a #1 overall pick last year (I personally think 4 at best last year) and so they took that as the draft is much deeper with elite talent. That is far from the case as to over the year Noah took a huge step downward and had a very quite March with the exception of screaming a lot.

yeah them talkin about how noah couldve gone much higher last yr says more about how weak last yr's draft was. i agree with you though, if noah went through the process last yr with scouts and GMs evaluating him up close, he wouldve certainly fallen. nothing about his game is that impressive other than his energy. we'll see if he's still hootin and hollerin after 82 games.

Hey Gator fans help me out with this one.....

I'm not so sure Noah went through a lot of cold streaks or anything, but suppose he and the team just had a down night. Does his energy pick him back up and try to inspire the rest of the team or does he just take it as a huge blow and give up?

Bad offensive combo, great hair combo.

I'd like to see these guys do something in tandem every night.

I think if Noah had come out last year, he would have been drafted first overall and still ended up a Bull. Toronto had that top pick, and they would have still salivated over Bargnani. Chicago had the second pick, and would have wanted Noah. Maybe they would have been the team to offer a small payment to swap picks at the top of the lottery...

could wallace and noah be the worst big man combo in history from an offensive ability standpoint?

if these guys played a game of one on one, and nobody could dunk, would anybody score?

I expect a trade. Big Ben and Hinrich and next years 1st rounder to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant ... and maybe some other pieces if needs be.

I expect a trade. Big Ben and Hinrich and next years 1st rounder to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant ... and maybe some other pieces if needs be.

LOL! maybe ben, hinrich, deng, tyrus thomas and 2 future first rounders for kobe and radmon

There are still some rumors flying around that they might package Noah for either Yi or Gasol, I don't know if any of it is realistic though but I come across it every once in a while.

There are still some rumors flying around that they might package Noah for either Yi or Gasol, I don't know if any of it is realistic though but I come across it every once in a while.

this is the one i've heard of: nocioni, duhon, noah and a future 1st for gasol. havent heard the yi rumors, cant see MIL trading him within the same division.

the gasol deal is intriguing but im not totally convinced that pau is worth his contract. with gordon and deng up for extensions soon (unless they somehow include gordon in the deal), i dont think the bulls would like to be handcuffed by gasol's contract.

what do you think about: gordon, nocioni, noah, duhon for gasol, kyle lowry (i really like that kid) and a future pick?

if they did that deal they'd prolly also have to find a way to get some veteran back court help. i'd be lookin at: mo williams, brevin knight, mickael pietrus, charlie bell or mo peterson all who are FAs.

this is the one i've heard of: nocioni, duhon, noah and a future 1st for gasol. havent heard the yi rumors, cant see MIL trading him within the same division.

the gasol deal is intriguing but im not totally convinced that pau is worth his contract. with gordon and deng up for extensions soon (unless they somehow include gordon in the deal), i dont think the bulls would like to be handcuffed by gasol's contract.

what do you think about: gordon, nocioni, noah, duhon for gasol, kyle lowry (i really like that kid) and a future pick?

if they did that deal they'd prolly also have to find a way to get some veteran back court help. i'd be lookin at: mo williams, brevin knight, mickael pietrus, charlie bell or mo peterson all who are FAs.

Yeah I don't know that is a really tough one, I would love to either dump Noah of Wallace, but Gordon is irreplacable and it would just crush the fans and team to get rid of Nocioni. I don't know a whole lot about Lowry's game but I have heard nothing but great things about him. If it did get done though, I am not convinced we'd have to find a veteran G, I think with good coaching (which will obviously happen with Skiles) you could throw Sefolosha in the mix for that because he just handles the ball so well. I really think I'd be tempted to do it.

As far as Gordon goes though, can you think of another big time scorer who is less selfish than him? I mean to find a guy with his ability to really shoot the ball, never complain, and be such a team player I find amazing. However, it wouldn't crush me to get rid of him either if it meant bringing in a big time player.

Yeah I don't know that is a really tough one, I would love to either dump Noah of Wallace, but Gordon is irreplacable and it would just crush the fans and team to get rid of Nocioni. I don't know a whole lot about Lowry's game but I have heard nothing but great things about him. If it did get done though, I am not convinced we'd have to find a veteran G, I think with good coaching (which will obviously happen with Skiles) you could throw Sefolosha in the mix for that because he just handles the ball so well. I really think I'd be tempted to do it.

As far as Gordon goes though, can you think of another big time scorer who is less selfish than him? I mean to find a guy with his ability to really shoot the ball, never complain, and be such a team player I find amazing. However, it wouldn't crush me to get rid of him either if it meant bringing in a big time player.

thabo's a nice player, especially defensively, but offensively he's got a ways to go. his feel for the game on that end will need a couple more yrs of polishing. if my proposed trade were to be made the bulls' backcourt would still be pretty thin. pietrus is just like sefolosha, except he's had a few more yrs in the league and his feel for the game is still lacking. with duhon gone, they'd need a backup PG, brevin knight would prolly be the best one available. only problem is that he's injury prone and if he goes down, the bulls have nobody. mo williams' game is actually kinda like ben gordon's, but hes in high demand and could command more than the MLE.

the guy that i really like is charlie bell. he wouldnt mind coming off the bench, hes decent defensively, he can play the 1 or 2, he lets the game come to him and he can be pretty clutch. his game kinda reminds me of a younger sam cassell. plus he'll prolly command less than the MLE.