Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

headchopper

Allen Iverson 2009-2010

Well they won 22, 22, 24 games the last 3 years. I will say they will do better then those years. 30 wins is in sight maybe even 35, but anything more then that would be crazy IMO

Well they won 22, 22, 24 games the last 3 years. I will say they will do better then those years. 30 wins is in sight maybe even 35, but anything more then that would be crazy IMO

that is what i am thinking 30 to 35 - no way anymore than that. not it the west, and not in the southwest division

Hmmm well this sucks for fantasy, it seems that the only Grizz player that will not drop in value is Z-bo.

Does Conley go undrafted now? He could have been a nice sleeper...

I'm officially not drafting anyone on that team other than possibly Marc Gasol.

If I'm OJ Mayo, I am so outta there.

Man this seriously ruins the value of everyone in that team... Gotta remember to temper my expectations for Mayo and Gay now... I'm thinking fantasy wise that Conley could end up anywhere from the 11th to being undrafted now, Mayo might have to disappear in the 7th or 8th depending on who's left while Iverson will probably go in the 5th-6th round... A 4th round pick seems to dangerous for him...

What do you guys think?

I'm not touching anyone on that team with a 10 foot pole.

If I were to draft them as of now

AI - 7th round

Mayo - 7th round

Zach - 7th round

Conley - 12th round

Gay - 6th round

Gasol - 10th Round

I'm sure everyone will be drafted before then so I'm not going to touch them.

Chris Wallace, hands down the worst GM in the entire NBA. What a buffoon.

The only rationale I can think of is that they think Iverson will help the team dramatically with attendance. They are hoping to use AI to held ride out/stem the effects of the recession on attendance. There is no other clear logic behind this senseless move..

Its really a shame, but I have to admit those draft positions seem just about right. I might move Gay up one round due to value in blocks and steals, but everything else is on the money.

I'm not touching anyone on that team with a 10 foot pole.

If I were to draft them as of now

AI - 7th round

Mayo - 7th round

Zach - 7th round

Conley - 12th round

Gay - 6th round

Gasol - 10th Round

I'm sure everyone will be drafted before then so I'm not going to touch them.

It was the owner who wanted iverson. he didn't become a millionaire by spending money. look at all of the cash deals the grizzlies have done in the past 2 years. Michael Heisley brought Wallace in to make draft picks and suggest trades. The owner has the last say in all of this. You don't think the grizzlies would have been better of signing David Lee, Ramon Sessions, and Von Wafer? Any gm, heck any fantasy GM knows those are better moves. and the grizzlies could have made those moves.

its the owner - not the GM.

It was the owner who wanted iverson. he didn't become a millionaire by spending money. look at all of the cash deals the grizzlies have done in the past 2 years. Michael Heisley brought Wallace in to make draft picks and suggest trades. The owner has the last say in all of this. You don't think the grizzlies would have been better of signing David Lee, Ramon Sessions, and Von Wafer? Any gm, heck any fantasy GM knows those are better moves. and the grizzlies could have made those moves.

its the owner - not the GM.

Yea, I mean Wallace seems like kind of boob (Pau Gasol), but at the end of the day, these are panic moves by the owner to sell tickets. I'm guessing another year with revenue like last would likely put the team in bankruptcy. AI will clear 3.5 mil in t-shirt sales alone even at this stage in his career. There is no future to keep in mind in Memphis. That's why all that young talent should be looking to get outta Dodge ASAP.

I wonder when the last time a big 3 sports franchise just closed up shop. Seems like we might be on the verge. With the downturn, I'm not even sure anyone in Vegas would buy that franchise right now.

Yea, I mean Wallace seems like kind of boob (Pau Gasol), but at the end of the day, these are panic moves by the owner to sell tickets. I'm guessing another year with revenue like last would likely put the team in bankruptcy. AI will clear 3.5 mil in t-shirt sales alone even at this stage in his career. There is no future to keep in mind in Memphis. That's why all that young talent should be looking to get outta Dodge ASAP.

I wonder when the last time a big 3 sports franchise just closed up shop. Seems like we might be on the verge. With the downturn, I'm not even sure anyone in Vegas would buy that franchise right now.

Memphis turned a profit last year (hard to believe, but they did) and last season was the best year finically the grizzlies have ever had in memphis. the pau gasol deal was the owner too. wallace gets paid to take the heat.

Do you have a link for this assertion? The Grizzlies are a private team and have no obligation to release or report results. I find it hard to believe they turned a profit based on the anemic attendance I noticed last season..........

Memphis turned a profit last year (hard to believe, but they did) and last season was the best year finically the grizzlies have ever had in memphis. the pau gasol deal was the owner too. wallace gets paid to take the heat.

from the link above ^^^^^^^^^^^

Despite losing roughly 72 percent of their games over the past three seasons, the Griz function with a balance sheet that is tolerable. Team officials say the Griz are operating in the black, overcoming average attendance figures in the league's bottom third and skimpy overall local revenue streams over the past few seasons. The Grizzlies decline to reveal the profit margin.

That AI Deal really sucks. I was high on Conley this Year, the Way he played at the end of last season was perfect. Remember that 6 or 7 steal game :)

But now with Egomaniac Iverson on board i am a bit unsure about the Guard Situation there in Memphis B)

If Yao is out, Houston should scoop over Iverson and ditch the Aaron Brooks project. Serious.

Aaron Brooks' ceiling is...the next Allen Iverson.

An undersized PG is a liability on defense regardless of his speed.

Get AI, get T-Mac, run, and sell some tickets. Then rebuild.

thats garbage man. aaron brooks has some serious potential. i'm not saying as good as the AI of yesteryear, but potential nonetheless. AI right now is washed up, and the Rockets have a good mix of youngplayers and veterans, and if t-mac performs as well as he has in past years, the rockets could get a title in the next couple of years

They decline to reveal the profit margin. I'm not buying it at all. There arent any numbers listed to back up the claims/assertions in the article.

from the link above ^^^^^^^^^^^

On paper, it looks like a great deal.

The Grizzlies get a guy who will put fans in the seats (which he can still do)

And Iverson gets a chance to jump start his career.

The problem is that I see him doing this by doing the only thing he's ever known how to do: gun it. So even if he puts up a huge statistical season, it will come at the expense of his young teammates. How does that increase his stock? He's no longer in the stage of his career where he's seen as the primary cog. And as he showed so well last year, he is unwilling or even unable to play 2nd banana.

is Iverson gonna start at PG, and Conley would come off the bench?

this team is filled with alot of offensive-minded ball-hogs, and no defense.

i can't get a good gauge on what to expect from these players now, for fantasy.

Start all players that play vs the Memphis No D team

Start all players that play vs the Memphis No D team

lol. that's a good rule of thumb.

i forget which team that was last year... was it the Golden State Warriors? everyone would have monster stats against them.

lol. that's a good rule of thumb.

i forget which team that was last year... was it the Golden State Warriors? everyone would have monster stats against them.

GS, Pho, NYK, Mem were all good starts.

Without a doubt AI would fight for the starting job, and for some reason I see him being the starter pg for the grizzlies. Something in the back of mind tells me he wont play anymore than 60 games. That's just my prediction.

wtf are the grizzlies doing. im not going near them fantasy wise this season.