Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

headchopper

Allen Iverson 2009-2010

AI is doing exactly what most people with a level head thought he would do. 15 points, 4.5 assists with good %'s is nothing to shake your head about in my league. I don't know what kind of 12 team leagues he wouldn't be starting in, but those must be some low roster teams. He would immediately get snatched up off the waivers in my league. He is providing solid waiver wire value as a 4th or 5th guard in a lineup.

The haters will continue to hate and claim he isn't valuable, and the delusional will either say the best is yet to come, or blame it on someone else. The fact is that this is what AI is at this point in his career. Good enough to be a serviceable guard, but he isn't going to be a fantasy savior.

But what happened to the 22ppg 7 assists that you were screaming at the start of the season?

Guilty as well. I really thought he would rebound coming back to philly and being thrown into the starting lineup. But I was wrong, he's old and now is struggling with injuries.

The name still fools people into thinking he's a stud. Someone grabbed him right away in my league after I dropped him. If you look at the stats over the past month they are borderline sevicable in 12 man league. You put those that's next to some no name player and he would be floating on the waivers.

Just compare his stats to someone like Corey Brewer. Brewer has slightly more points, more blocks, more steals, more rebounds...

Iverson owned 70% of yahoo leagues

Brewer 46%

AI is doing exactly what most people with a level head thought he would do. 15 points, 4.5 assists with good %'s is nothing to shake your head about in my league. I don't know what kind of 12 team leagues he wouldn't be starting in, but those must be some low roster teams. He would immediately get snatched up off the waivers in my league. He is providing solid waiver wire value as a 4th or 5th guard in a lineup.

The haters will continue to hate and claim he isn't valuable, and the delusional will either say the best is yet to come, or blame it on someone else. The fact is that this is what AI is at this point in his career. Good enough to be a serviceable guard, but he isn't going to be a fantasy savior.

since when is 43% fg% good? Its pretty bad actually, generally you take the 43% shooting that comes with 3's or steals. but since AI is below average in both of those now. where is he helping you?

He above average in points, assists and FT%, and in those 3 cats he only slightly above average. FT% and assists are his best assets.

He is well below average in 3's steals, rebounds, fg%, blocks and TO's

Do not be fooled by points and assists, his all around game is hurting you.

The only thing that is keeping him somewhat fantasy relevant is a team that is being run inexcusably stupid, basically playing AI just to sell tickets and at the same time hurt the future of their young guards, mainly Lou Williams...they aren't making the playoffs, so why play AI when any other team would give the bulk of their minutes to players who are relevant to their future...

It's almost like they found the perfect way to tank a season while not looking the part...play AI, sell tickets, continue to lose games, and get a better chance to win the lottery, all while looking like they want to win by playing AI...

Here's the thing, though....they aren't. The Sixers are 28th in average attendance, and have the lowest % of capacity sold: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Way, way back (page-51-of-this-thread kind of back) when the signing was no more than a rumor, I posted an article here that, upon further review, makes Phil Sheridan look like a frickin' genius: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepa..._surrender.html

As for the idea that he'd bring some excitement and sell tickets, well, let's think that through. Signing Iverson isn't going to help the economy, which is the No. 1 reason most people eliminate luxury items like overpriced basketball tickets from their budget. There might be a brief bump for the same reason people stop on the highway to look at car wrecks, but there won't be sustainable interest until the team wins consistently.

The Sixers weren't drawing at the end of Iverson's tenure here. There's little reason to believe he'll draw fans three seasons later.

The Sixers are 4-10 in Home games since Al returned....things aren't gonna change anytime soon.

Iverson's ranked 161st over the past 2 months and 192nd on the season. That's BARELY rosterable in a standard 12 team, 13 player league.

Well if there not selling tickets, why are they playing AI? He has no future with the team, they have a couple good young guards(Lou/Jrue), why don't they give the young guys playing time like any other lottery bound team would do...just makes absolutely no sense to give AI minutes...

Well if there not selling tickets, why are they playing AI? He has no future with the team, they have a couple good young guards(Lou/Jrue), why don't they give the young guys playing time like any other lottery bound team would do...just makes absolutely no sense to give AI minutes...

Because they signed him, talked him up, made a HUGE deal out of his return, and are now essentially forced to play him.

They said from the beginning that if Lou hadn't gotten hurt, they hadn't considered signing him. He was never in their plans. It was already going to be a struggle to integrate the new system with the existing cast, and then they mix in a guy who is going to directly impede the progress of players that they committed your franchise to when they decided to move on from Andre Miller. Brilliant!

Now there's talk of Lou being "touchable" in trade talks, and it really makes you wonder what is going on there. When Sheridan suggested that an Iverson signing would be indicative of an organization out of ideas and in desperation mode, he seemed a little apocalyptic.

Unfortunately, he's looking dead on, and that means we're looking at three more months of watching a bunch of guys run around South Philly wondering with the rest of us what the hell they're doing.

Not worth rostering at this point. Can't trade him for anything of any value, the best counter I got was Shaq :/ Better off following the trends and picking up the hot hand who gives more than moderate pts, a couple ast, and TOs.

I was his last supporter.. now i dropped em.. he's worthy of streaming, but not a roster spot imo. Way too limited and inconsistent. Sad

I'm not even sure he worth streaming....

bad game last night doesn't help.

but keep in mind, not only did Iverson have a bad game, but so did the whole Sixer team except Brand. Iguadala didn't even break double figures last night.

I know this is kind of old news but....

how the hell is this guy an all star?

If you voted for him you should be ashamed of yourself.

If Iggy gets traded, that has to help right? Maybe he scores a little more, drives a little more (getting to the line) and places another 5 minutes a game. That could move him into some relevance, right?

If Iggy gets traded, that has to help right? Maybe he scores a little more, drives a little more (getting to the line) and places another 5 minutes a game. That could move him into some relevance, right?

that might make him rosterable. But they could easily get someone in return that could eat his mins.

Honestly I would bail on AI for anything.

The possible trade right now is Amare for Iggy..

That could open things up for AI but the knee issue is still a scare.

yes it could.

and i'm hoping the Sixers trade Iggy for T-Mac, as planned.

here's the situation... the Sixers know they are most likely out of the playoff race this year. Iguadala really hasn't been able to bring in the results as the franchise player they had hoped for. So basically the Sixers are gonna start brand new.

Ship Iggy out, get T-Mac's expiring contract. So this summer the Sixers can dump T-Mac and his contract, dump Iverson(possibly), and have some good cap space to sign a free agent or 2 in this summer's huge free agent pool.

Also, they might try to trade Dalembert before the deadline.

And ofcourse they'll fire Eddie Jordan.

Elton Brand will most likely be in the Sixers' plans, since he's signed to a huge deal for 3 more seasons. but it's fine, he's shown that he can play well if given the Playing Time.

yes it could.

and i'm hoping the Sixers trade Iggy for T-Mac, as planned.

here's the situation... the Sixers know they are most likely out of the playoff race this year. Iguadala really hasn't been able to bring in the results as the franchise player they had hoped for. So basically the Sixers are gonna start brand new.

Ship Iggy out, get T-Mac's expiring contract. So this summer the Sixers can dump T-Mac and his contract, dump Iverson(possibly), and have some good cap space to sign a free agent or 2 in this summer's huge free agent pool.

Also, they might try to trade Dalembert before the deadline.

And ofcourse they'll fire Eddie Jordan.

Elton Brand will most likely be in the Sixers' plans, since he's signed to a huge deal for 3 more seasons. but it's fine, he's shown that he can play well if given the Playing Time.

Even if the Sixers were able to make that trade, they would still be effed when it comes to their salary cap situation. They have $53m already committed next year without counting Iguodala, and the cap is expected to come in around $55-58m. They will be in better shape the year after that, but let's face it, as long as they're paying Elton Brand they probably won't be free agent players.

Hidden

Should i pick up Mcgrady soon? LOL Ive been hearing about this potential trade to Philly. I just wanna know if its worth it.

Kate says he's not playing on 2/3, adjust lineups accordingly: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepa...on_Tonight.html

The 76ers announced this morning that Allen Iverson will miss tonight's game against the Chicago Bulls due to personal reasons related to an illness being suffered by one of his children. The Sixers said they expect Iverson to be available for Friday's game at the New Orleans Hornets.

Yesterday, Iverson was excused from practice for personal reasons.

sick child = another x-factor in the game of fantasy bball.

More like another x-factor in AI's fantasy career... B)