Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VTek33

8-Team League Draft Strategy Question

I'm in a 8-team league, non=ppr, yahoo standard scoring, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, DEF.

My question is does it make more sense to go RB, RB in the first round and then maybe 3 WRs after that? I'm kind of biased towards WRs because they carried me last year, though. I can't decide if I should *tentatively* plan on RB-RB-WR-WR or RB-WR-RB-WR. I know a lot depends on how the actual draft goes. With only 8 teams it seems like I'll have more decent WR options in later rounds than I would trying to get a decent RB. But I suppose the same goes for RBs too. This stuff drives me insane. Any thoughts?

With 8 teams I would go with RB-RB, but you can also play it by ear. There are only 8 people so you are going to be getting very good players in the 4th-5th rounds still.

In my experience most people will go RB-RB. I would definitely pick a RB first and go from there.

go Rb, and then best available on, I just would not draft a QB until late, especially in a 8 team league cause theres going to be alot of good QB falling late with only 8 teams. And the lack of WRs is a issue, but go RB, best available, personally I problemly go RB but if you can get a Fitz/Moss/AJ id go with them, and then draft like a Jacobs or somethin next

My draft strategy would be to join a 12 team league or more...

Where's the strategy in an 8 team league... everyone has an all star team and there are studs on the waiver wire.

Let a monkey draft for you and see if you can still win the league...

I always play in 8 team leagues. and i always take a RB in round 1 , than in the second round i either go WR - RB or RB - QB

My draft strategy would be to join a 12 team league or more...

Where's the strategy in an 8 team league... everyone has an all star team and there are studs on the waiver wire.

There is nothing wrong with playing in a 8 team league , If you can only get 8 ppl to join than sobeit. not everyone can find or get 12 People to join their leagues. Not all ppl play FFB you know.

To each their own i suppose........

go Rb, and then best available on, I just would not draft a QB until late, especially in a 8 team league cause theres going to be alot of good QB falling late with only 8 teams. And the lack of WRs is a issue, but go RB, best available, personally I problemly go RB but if you can get a Fitz/Moss/AJ id go with them, and then draft like a Jacobs or somethin next

This is the truth. I would go RB in rd one and best available from there. I wouldn't draft a QB until really, really late. I'd much rather have a ton of depth at RB and WR for injuries/under-performance than a top tier QB. In an 8 man league, you'll still be able to land two decent QBs late in the draft and play matchups from there on out.