Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Claw

Eric Young Jr. 2B/OF COL

I hate to dismiss a guy for simply doing the most with the situation he is in. But those stats while playing in the PCL, with half his games in Springs, are not nearly as impressive as they look. I mean, Josh Fields is hitting .391 with an OPS over a .1000, and he's a career AAAA player. Charlie Blackmon also has better numbers...and while a good prospect, it's not like he is a future superstar either. Hell, even Alfredo Amezaga was hitting about .370 when he was down there.

EY2 is a fine player, but offensively he is just average (at best) and defensively, he is horrible. I doubt he ever becomes a regular starter anywhere in the majors.

The Rockies need to trade this guy already. The stats he's putting up this season @ AAA are absolutely ridiculous:

.372 BA, .469 OBP, 44 r, 13 2b, 8 3b, 17 rbi, 17 sb, 31 bb, 27 k in 41 games. I know it's early still but his damn OPS is over 1000

Young is likely to be recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs after Thursday's game, Inside the Rockies reports.

Young has been tearing it up at Triple-A by hitting .363/.462/.544 with 17 stolen bases. He could get a shot at regular playing time with Jose Lopez designated for assignment, and has value even in a reserve role due to his speed.