Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Yi Jianlian's agents working on trade out of MIL

Great pick MIL. From Rotoworld:

Yi Jianlian's agents are said to be working on a trade that would get the Chinese phenom out of Milwaukee.

Yi was taken by the Bucks with the sixth pick, despite the fact they were aware that he had no interest in playing in Milwaukee. While some think Yi could return to China if a deal is not worked out, others think he'll play for the Bucks as a last resort. "Though the final result of the negotiations and communications are uncertain, I can guarantee that whatever the outcome is, it could not be so bad that Yi will be back to play in the CBA (Chinese Basketball Assoiciation)," said Liu HongJiang, deputy general manager of the Guangdong Hongyuan Basketball Club.

Great pick MIL. From Rotoworld:

Yi Jianlian's agents are said to be working on a trade that would get the Chinese phenom out of Milwaukee.

Yi was taken by the Bucks with the sixth pick, despite the fact they were aware that he had no interest in playing in Milwaukee. While some think Yi could return to China if a deal is not worked out, others think he'll play for the Bucks as a last resort. "Though the final result of the negotiations and communications are uncertain, I can guarantee that whatever the outcome is, it could not be so bad that Yi will be back to play in the CBA (Chinese Basketball Assoiciation)," said Liu HongJiang, deputy general manager of the Guangdong Hongyuan Basketball Club.

Bad pick, but I'm sort of proud of MIL for sticking to their guns and drafting him. This snobby garbage from Jianlian is lame. Screw him!

Bad pick, but I'm sort of proud of MIL for sticking to their guns and drafting him. This snobby garbage from Jianlian is lame. Screw him!

its not him. its his reps, his sponsors, the chinese sports administration and the chinese GOVERNMENT. dont blame yi though. you can say " oh, but he's the player he's his own man...if he really wants to play in the NBA he'll just play for the bucks," but then youd just be admitting that you dont understand communism.

say for instance yi doesnt get traded and plays for the bucks. you think he wont jump ship the first chance he gets? take into consideration that yi's a project as well. if they're not gonna keep him long term, whats the point? to get those 2 yrs of chinese revenue? i really doubt the asian population in MIL will change drastically by then. i also doubt that MIL will magically transform into a larger market if yi stays.

ballsy move by the bucks, but i think it was stupid.

If they deal him I'm sure they'll get some nice value in return.

yi is a beast! have you seen this guys highlight films? He has a similar skill set to dirk but at a much younger age

yi is a beast! have you seen this guys highlight films? He has a similar skill set to dirk but at a much younger age

He friggin' owned those 5'9 assistant coaches.

He friggin' owned those 5'9 assistant coaches.

highlight films?? LoL, of course highlight films will be impressive. but have you actually seen him play?

yeah he didnt work out vs any live competition. just one on none drills displaying his athleticism and ability to shoot the ball. i think he'll be a bust.

its not him. its his reps, his sponsors, the chinese sports administration and the chinese GOVERNMENT. dont blame yi though. you can say " oh, but he's the player he's his own man...if he really wants to play in the NBA he'll just play for the bucks," but then youd just be admitting that you dont understand communism.

say for instance yi doesnt get traded and plays for the bucks. you think he wont jump ship the first chance he gets? take into consideration that yi's a project as well. if they're not gonna keep him long term, whats the point? to get those 2 yrs of chinese revenue? i really doubt the asian population in MIL will change drastically by then. i also doubt that MIL will magically transform into a larger market if yi stays.

ballsy move by the bucks, but i think it was stupid.

Ok... screw the Chinese government! Wherever you distribute the blame, it's lame... This is the draft, you take the best player available to you. That's why I said that it was a dumb pick, but part of me applauds them for sticking to their guns.

highlight films?? LoL, of course highlight films will be impressive. but have you actually seen him play?

yeah he didnt work out vs any live competition. just one on none drills displaying his athleticism and ability to shoot the ball. i think he'll be a bust.

I have seen him play against International competition.

I am one of the doubters he's really 19, but i still believe he's a good player, and can be better with some time.

I will not go so far to compare him to Nowitzki, but i could easily compare him to Bargnani, who was #1 pick last year, so grabbing Yi at #6 doesn't look too bad to me.

What will happen to him after being drafted by Milwaukee is a very different issue, really, but i agree with Jet here: you HAVE to go to the best player available for your team. If this is Yi, then be it. If he doesn't want to go, and the right trade comes along, then trade him, if it doesn't, he better prepares for a year in the shelf.

Can this guy really do anything offensively other than dunk?

milwaukee can still trade him, so lets not rip them just yet...

just like they could have done on draft night.... philly would love to swing a deal for him...

and besides, if yi ever traveled to milwaukee, im sure he'd fall in love with the place...

ok, probably not..

This is exactly like Eli but with a little race thrown into it, Milwaukee will trade him and my guess would be he turns out to be a bust.