Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdzc

Madison Bumgarner SP SF

Todd Wellemeyer went to the locker room.

After stepping on the first base bag, he looked like he strained his quad.

Everyone join in prayer.

LOL.

Sabean, the hater of young players, will probably let Joe Martinez take his place lol

Bruce Bochy said that Todd Wellemeyer (quad) was "more than likely" headed to the disabled list, according to Andrew Baggarly.

Wellemeyer injured his quad while running the bases against the Reds on Thursday. Baggarly speculates that either Madison Bumgarner or Joe Martinez could be the called up if Wellemeyer is indeed placed on the disabled list.

Its hard to say which they call. What Bumgarner has going against him is that if they call him he will be over a week between starts. I'd like to think the Giants might see how well Posey is doing and the positive fan support that move has stirred and maintain the momentum with calling up Madison. I think its 60/40 Madison gets the call given the recent comments about his time being "soon" and his recent dominance. We'll see.

I guess its 0% now..

"Bumgarner, who was ejected in his last start, was fined and received a 3-game suspension for an excessive on-field outburst. As a result, the San Francisco Chronicle reports he is not a candidate to replace injured starter Todd Wellemeyer on the major league roster.

Spin: The timing is unfortunate for Bumgarner, who looks poised for a promotion. He has a 3.13 ERA in Triple-A Fresno, with 47 strikeouts and 20 walks in 69 innings."

Personally I think it's still too early to call him up. I'm not convinced he's ready even after a few good starts in the minors, I'd like to see him stay in the minors until the All Star break at the earliest.

Personally I think it's still too early to call him up. I'm not convinced he's ready even after a few good starts in the minors, I'd like to see him stay in the minors until the All Star break at the earliest.

6 innings tonight

8 hits 2 ER 0 BB 1K. lots of hits and hardly any K's but the 0 walks were nice. Still don't think he is ready

Not sure why the big hurry is for him to come up. Surely they can find another Brad Penny to be their 5th starter in the 2nd half for cheap. Let him have a full year and call him up in September for long relief depth.

I agree that he could probably use a bit more seasoning in the minors, but the kid has been great lately. Everyone really needs to get over the fact that he is not Strasburg, nor will he strike out 14/9-IP.

So far tonight;

7IP/4-Hits/2-ER/2-BB/11k's (96-pitches)

Those K's bring a smile to my face.

Joe Martinez pitched 1-IP in relieve tonight (22-pitches). Not sure if that's enough for him not to start on Sat...prob. not as it could have been his throwing day, nevertheless, stay tuned as Mad-Bum could be getting a call soon.

I'm predicting right after the ASB unless Martinez really gets hammered this weekend.

According to RW he was scratched tonight, may be on his way up...

We need Martinez to pitch in relieve tonight; sanchez has thrown 54-pitches through 2-so it's very possible...stay tuned.

According to Jeff Fletcher of AOL Fanhouse, Madison Bumgarner told his father that he will start against the Red Sox on Saturday.

That's interesting. The Giants reportedly held Bumgarner back from Friday's start in Fresno just case Joe Martinez was needed in relief, but they probably intended to start him all along. We'll know soon enough. (rotoworld)