Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

#1 waiver...whos coming up?

I guess carlos santana would be the best option for me long term, but im also looking at desmond jennings or austin jackson. anyone think logan morrison gets the call?

these are the players who are in keith laws top 50 who are not already claimed

carlos santana

josh vitters

eric hosmer

logan morrison

desmond jennings

tim alderson

brian matusz

wade davis

jarrod parker

jordan walden

austin jackson

tell me who you think gets the call, and who would you take first? id probably get hosmer ideally, but no way he comes up this year. matusz will probably be up next week, but should i grab him and avoid the risk of no one of consequence showing up in september?

oh yeah and what about eric young? doesnt a young/fowler/hawpe/helton/stewart/ianetta/tulowitzki/gonzalez sound pretty good? man id love to see that lineup out there everyday and not see the shuffling that goes on in colorado. anyone think young comes up and leads into a full time gig next year?

I guess carlos santana would be the best option for me long term, but im also looking at desmond jennings or austin jackson. anyone think logan morrison gets the call?

these are the players who are in keith laws top 50 who are not already claimed

carlos santana

josh vitters

eric hosmer

logan morrison

desmond jennings

tim alderson

brian matusz

wade davis

jarrod parker

jordan walden

austin jackson

tell me who you think gets the call, and who would you take first? id probably get hosmer ideally, but no way he comes up this year. matusz will probably be up next week, but should i grab him and avoid the risk of no one of consequence showing up in september?

I think I heard Brian Matusz is pitching Tuesday so he should become available. I think it's a one-start, then get called back down kind of thing, unless he has an amazing performance. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything on the rest of 'em. Most of the names you listed have an ETA of 2010.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=5011

yeah i know matusz will be up, i guess im hoping to see santana get a cup of coffee in september, but obv if i dont take matusz then i miss out on a top 15 prospect (i already passed on tillman)

yeah i know matusz will be up, i guess im hoping to see santana get a cup of coffee in september, but obv if i dont take matusz then i miss out on a top 15 prospect (i already passed on tillman)

I know how you're feeling. I wait all year long to use my waiver. Sometimes, if you wait too late, you'll miss out on players you wish you grabbed. I waited all year long last year hoping to get David Price but I had the 2nd waiver and lost out and had to settle with using it on Cueto who was dropped the last week of the season. Figured I'd think about keeping him...never did. Well, if Matusz has a great outing Tuesday, you might want to go with him. Otherwise, there's a chance Sananta, Jason Heyward or Madison Bumgarner get called up in September but there's no certainty in that.

Two biggest soon-to-be call ups in my eyes are, they are especially good if you need to make up ground in SBs in a roto league.

Alcides Escobar and Eric Young

Both are middle infielder speedsters. Alcides an SS and Young a 2B.

Otherwise Brett Wallace will probably get a call up here soon as well.

Without knowing the details of your league and that you need to use that #1 claim this season I would take Matusz. He is the #1 pitcher on that list to me. Santana and Hosmer I think are the only ones I would want more but there is no way Hosmer sees action this season (just made Wilmington and is struggling a bit in an adjustment period) and I'm not convinced Santana will see a cup of coffee in Sept either. Just my $.02 which probably isn't worth that much. Matusz has been awesome.

Is Friedrich available? Friedrich has been awesome though again he probably doesn't get a call-up this year.

Without knowing the details of your league and that you need to use that #1 claim this season I would take Matusz. He is the #1 pitcher on that list to me. Santana and Hosmer I think are the only ones I would want more but there is no way Hosmer sees action this season (just made Wilmington and is struggling a bit in an adjustment period) and I'm not convinced Santana will see a cup of coffee in Sept either. Just my $.02 which probably isn't worth that much. Matusz has been awesome.

Is Friedrich available? Friedrich has been awesome though again he probably doesn't get a call-up this year.

Yeah Matusz is the man to take. He's going to be filthy....

Since we're talking Santana, what do you guys consider the ranking for the catchers as of now? Is it Wieters, Posey, then Santana or has Santana taken over the number two spot? Are we looking at three catchers that could all be in the top five in fantasy in a couple of years?

posey is a solid 2nd with santana 3rd, wieters and posey are already owned in my league. i think ill grab matusz with the pick, i traded alcides escobar earlier this year and have plenty of 20+ sb guys (rios, fowler, cruz, andrus). i would hate to wait on EY Jr and then not have him come up (like almost happened with fowler last year). matusz looks like the play

posey is a solid 2nd with santana 3rd, wieters and posey are already owned in my league. i think ill grab matusz with the pick, i traded alcides escobar earlier this year and have plenty of 20+ sb guys (rios, fowler, cruz, andrus). i would hate to wait on EY Jr and then not have him come up (like almost happened with fowler last year). matusz looks like the play

Don't take anyone until August 15th... If Strasburg signs take him.

i already have strasburg, bumgarner, moustakas...the players listed above are the key ones available. anyone know what the ackley status is re: callup or signing

If you are looking pitching, take Matusz. Made his debut tonight and did not embarrass himself. If you are going for a bat, I would take Carlos Santana.

i could keep another bat, but really the drop off after santana makes me more willing to get matusz although id be very disappointed if he did come up and i missed out on him, given catcher will be such a big hole with panda likely to lose eligibility there unless he gets 7 more games in in the next few months.