Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

University at Buffalo

Money League for Rotoworld Users

Looking to establish a 16 team keeper league (dynasty) for 2010 season and beyond only among rotoworld users. The league would operate on yahoo and will have public league settings. The difference is there will be 25 total roster spots (as opposed to 21) and will be 5 DL spots instead of 1 DL spot. We will make it simple, standard 5 cat league. Again, same settings regarding gameplay as yahoo public leagues except there will be 5 max transactions per week (as opposed to unlimited). It's a h2h league. Each team keeps 7 players.

Post here if you're interested in it. Buy-in is $100 per team. Draft will take place over rotoworld thread in the "Your League" forum but actual play will take place on the yahoo provider.

Here's how it's broken down:

1st Place: $1100

2nd Place: $300

3rd Place: $100

Best Season Record: $100

If you'd like to join, just let me know.

Could you move this to CBS? With Rotoworlder's knowledge of minors, it'd be best served to have a site that can properly incorperate minors. Sorry I hate that "have to wait until they play to pick them up" crap from Yahoo.....Vegeta

I like the idea of the expanded rosters and DL spots, not such a big fan h2h, definitely would prefer roto. Also, what about using OPS instead of AVG and maybe quality starts instead of wins?

Everyone is so picky here with their wants. I have a question though. How come we're doing the draft on the Rotoworld forum instead of through Yahoo's service (or other service if we move)?

To answer peesoup, I would imagine that we're not going to CBS because it's a pay league and that'll cut into the winnings. I would imagine if there was a desire to move from one free league to another, it would be to ESPN.

Looking to establish a 16 team keeper league (dynasty) for 2010 season and beyond only among rotoworld users. The league would operate on yahoo and will have public league settings. The difference is there will be 25 total roster spots (as opposed to 21) and will be 5 DL spots instead of 1 DL spot. We will make it simple, standard 5 cat league. Again, same settings regarding gameplay as yahoo public leagues except there will be 5 max transactions per week (as opposed to unlimited). It's a h2h league. Each team keeps 7 players.

Post here if you're interested in it. Buy-in is $100 per team. Draft will take place over rotoworld thread in the "Your League" forum but actual play will take place on the yahoo provider.

Here's how it's broken down:

1st Place: $1100

2nd Place: $300

3rd Place: $100

Best Season Record: $100

If you'd like to join, just let me know.

I would be interested if you didn't pay out the winner of the playoffs all the money and the best season record only gets $100? Playoffs are far too luck based whereas the best season record is a much bigger test to your fantasy baseball skills and knowledge.

I'm very interested; just wondering, if Yahoo is really the best choice for a league like this?