Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phillies2626

Zack Wheeler - SP NYM

Harvey can win them any game

...except today's.

Not his fault they didn't win.

Didn't say it was. BB said he can win them ANY game, and he didn't do it, this time.

Sounds like an Angels fan is upset that they didn't manage to sign Harvey when they drafted him in 2007.

LOL...sounds like somebody wants to make more of this than it is. You must work for one of the "news" networks. Keep your sensationalism to yourself. To be 100% candid, I didn't even realize the Angels had originally drafted him.

What business do you have talking about Harvey if you didn't even know who drafted him originally?

Harvey can win them any game

...except today's.

Not his fault they didn't win.

Didn't say it was. BB said he can win them ANY game, and he didn't do it, this time.

Sounds like an Angels fan is upset that they didn't manage to sign Harvey when they drafted him in 2007.

LOL...sounds like somebody wants to make more of this than it is. You must work for one of the "news" networks. Keep your sensationalism to yourself. To be 100% candid, I didn't even realize the Angels had originally drafted him.

What business do you have talking about Harvey if you didn't even know who drafted him originally?

What's that have to do with Wheeler?

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, May 13, 2013 - No reason given

OH HI ZACK WHEELER THREAD GOOD TO SEE YOU

Can we stop with the Harvey talk? I'm not sure people ever understand how god-awfully annoying it s to sift through long, uber multi-quoted posts. Jesus.

Not sure this was posted earlier because of the massive amounts of quoted posts I refuse to search through:

Per RW:

A Mets insider told ESPN New York that the arbitration clock will play a role in Zack Wheeler's arrival date.

In other words, the Mets are going to wait until at least mid-June to promote Wheeler from Triple-A to avoid him gaining an extra year of arbitration-eligibility as a Super Two qualifier. None of this, of course, is unexpected. Wheeler, one of the top prospects in baseball, has fanned 47 batters in 43 1/3 innings this year at Triple-A Las Vegas. He'll be a fantasy asset down the stretch. May 13 - 2:05 PM

I am a little disappointed in this (from ROTOWORLD):

A Mets insider told ESPN New York that the arbitration clock will play a role in Zack Wheeler's arrival date.

In other words, the Mets are going to wait until at least mid-June to promote Wheeler from Triple-A to avoid him gaining an extra year of arbitration-eligibility as a Super Two qualifier. None of this, of course, is unexpected. Wheeler, one of the top prospects in baseball, has fanned 47 batters in 43 1/3 innings this year at Triple-A Las Vegas. He'll be a fantasy asset down the stretch.

You figure if a guy is ready then you bring him up to see what he can do. If he helps the big team and isn't sent back down, he should get service time. Say Wheeler gets brought up after Clock deadline and really helps the team, doesn't he deserve service time? This cat and mouse deal between agents, owners, GMs is not cool.

They're not contending at this point, might as well save the money.

Well, this just got a little bit more interesting, smoke being blown all over the place! I still think mid-June is the proper projection after hearing all these reports, I was convinced it would be soon, but not anymore.

stash worthy in non-dynasty leagues?

I grabbed him today.

Great - missing next start due to clavicle soreness and will see a doctor.

Phew - not serious, only expected to miss one start...

Everyone except Harvey in that rotation is doing terrible, at least WE KNOW he will be up soon.

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, May 15, 2013 - Bench Coach Content
Hidden by dzemens, May 15, 2013 - Bench Coach Content

Dropped gallardo for this guy in redraft- what you think?

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, May 15, 2013 - Bench Coach Content
Hidden by dzemens, May 15, 2013 - Bench Coach Content

Dropped gallardo for this guy in redraft- what you think?

You didn't have anyone else to drop?

A reminder, all roster and league specific requests for advice belong in the Bench Coach Help Forum.

Zack Wheeler is scheduled to make his return to the Triple-A rotation this Wednesday.

Wheeler received a cortisone shot in the AC joint of his right shoulder at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan last week.

Matthew Cerrone, MetsBlog.com:

If asked, I’d say Wheeler makes his big-league debut just after June 10, after an off day, in the middle of the team’s nine-game home stand.

In talking to people close to the situation, I think the Mets would like Wheeler to get three or four more starts at Triple-A Las Vegas, to put this shoulder situation behind him, before having him join the big-league rotation. In addition, they’d like him to be pitching well, and be strong. They do not want to promote him just to promote him. They want it to feel like a seamless transition, keeping him on rhythm and healthy.

The point is, his promotion is getting closer than ever… and it’s about time.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 21, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, May 21, 2013 - No reason given

I just grabbed him and am going to stash him. Even if he does not produce big this year I can keep him for next year if I choose. Figure I better do it now before he starts getting more hype as June draws closer.

Just heard the Mets GM talking on their broadcast. Said Wheeler makes his return tomorrow to the mound. If he continues to pitch the way he has, he said he should be up within 2 or 3 starts.

Just heard the Mets GM talking on their broadcast. Said Wheeler makes his return tomorrow to the mound. If he continues to pitch the way he has, he said he should be up within 2 or 3 starts.

BONER! wonder if in espn leagues if he goes to waivers and cant just pick him up.

BONER! wonder if in espn leagues if he goes to waivers and cant just pick him up.

Why would he go to waivers when he's already in the database?

Not happening.

database? I cannot pick him up. was he already listed once? I remember dan straily went to waivers last year. was that because he was never listed.