Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phillies2626

Zack Wheeler - SP NYM

So he will more than likely be shut down before the end of the year?

Just read a new Rotoworld article and says they prefer Wacha and Gausman over Wheeler. Pretty surprised to read that.

Yeah, I was also surprised when reading that article.

But remember, it was just the opinion of 1 guy. And even he said most people don't agree with him.

I think Wheeler's stuff is more nasty, and he'll be pitching in a great pitchers ballpark against some struggling offensive teams (Marlins, Phils, and even the Nats are struggling bad now). St. Louis is the better team and might give him overall wins...but chasing wins is a tough thing to do.

I've been scratching my head for the past day now on which one to pick up, and I still think I'd go Wheeler. Wish I had room for both.

Gave up four hits and five runs and three were earned over four innings.

He had 10 days off and only threw 80 pitches.

Looks like a few more starts and then on to NYC.

this guy is getting hit by minor league guys. he is going to the mlb and will do better. not too big on this guy right now but do have him incase he does good.

Is pitching in the pcl a big factor in his struggles?

Well, Matt Harvey had a 3.68 ERA last season in PCL, a little less K/9 and a lot more BB/9 compared to his '13 MLB run.

I have to think that he was rusty given 10 days off. I'd put more stock in his next start.

Niese has been scratched for Saturday vs Miami. McHugh is taking that spot. If he requires a DL stint, Wheeler

may be an option. However, they may stick with McHugh for now and make Wheeler prove it for a couple of starts since

he is coming off some shaky outings since the clavicle scare.The severity of Niese's injury is not yet known.

You have to think the Mets are doing everything they can to avoid the Super 2 especially with them going nowhere.

are y'all expecting this kid to be called up in june sometime?

are y'all expecting this kid to be called up in june sometime?

Yes. Assuming he stays healthy then he is almost guaranteed to be called up in June.

He would slot right in to start home vs Miami if he took over the Niese/McHugh spot in the rotation.Have to think pitching well in his next start would bode well in that scenario. I am assuming he's pitching tomorrow, can't find projected starters for the LV 51s anywhere. Of course they could also skip this spot in the rotation and just pitch Harvey on normal rest June 7th.

That would put him on one extra day of rest for his MLB debut against a terrible Miami Marlins team. Seems like a dream scenario

He is a guy, like Harvey, that may do better once MLB coaches get ahold of him and give him some better instructions on how to pitch. Harvey and him are having similiar type AAA seasons, but once Harvey got called up he made a pretty good impact on fantasy leagues. He was sensational last year in the 2nd half. Having only 1 start of over 3ER in 10 turns. Just because Wheeler is not tossing shutouts everytime out in AAA, I would not be discouraged to pounce on him quickly after being called up. He has a ton of talent.

He's pitching for Vegas tonight.

Did anyone hear Gary Cohen discussing the plants call him up this coming week? I'm a diehard Mets fan but couldn't see

The telecast last night but was told by a friend that Cohen made comments about how someone would be demoted or removed from the

Rotation this week with wheeler coming up. Can anyone confirm or deny that this was mentioned on SNY last night? I don't see any reports anywhere online.

6 IP - 3 hits, 1 run, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6Ks - 95 pitches

Groundouts-flyouts: 7-2

6 IP - 3 hits, 1 run, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6Ks - 95 pitches

Groundouts-flyouts: 7-2

Nice, so how many more starts in the minors before he gets called up?

Grim, if you see my previous post, there's a chance he gets called up this week...IF what I was told about Cohen's report

on SNY is true...but, I am looking for further confirmation or denial of that 'story' or lack thereof...

Mets can't be dumb enough to pass up a Marlins matchup at home. Promote the back to back phenoms for the weekend series. Giveaway some more orange tee shirts to draw more. If Wheeler starts Friday they will make 10 times more at the gate than if he doesnt.

Niese is lined up to pitch Friday, however...doesn't mean Wheeler won't be called up...just that it might not be Friday

Lined up yes but all depends on his shoulder and I think they give him some extra rest and bring up Wheeler. Wheeler pitches well and Niese takes Hefners spot as Hefner goes to pen where he belongs. And the era of the Harvey Wheelerbangers begins.

Nice bounce back effort last night.

6 IP 3 H 1 ER 1 BB 6 K. On 95 pitches and got the win.

Even hit a double too!

Zach Wheeler is getting close, according to Mets asst GM John Ricco said. Mets have discussed several dates for his call up. Not set on one.