Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phillies2626

Zack Wheeler - SP NYM

Nats o has sucked all year. Desmonds been down, espinosa and laroache at times nonexistent. Suzuki?

I picked up wheeler a week ago so am looking forward to this. Any idea if/when in the year hell be put on the shelf.

He'll be topped at around 180-185 innings so he will have around 120 innings left in the tank if called up next weekend.

He also might need a little attitude adjustment upon his arrival to Queens as per this article:

http://metsmerizedon...n-attitude.html

man... it sounds like a reporter that needs to get over himself more than anything else. this sounds more like the reporter was just stood up and is pissed off about it. like a little kid that taddles and only tells their side of the story.

Starts tonight against Tacoma...in what could be (and I hope is) his final start for Vegas before arriving in Flushing!

Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that the Mets are expected to call up Zack Wheeler to make his major league debut on June 14 against the Cubs.

We knew that it was probably going to be that weekend series, and now we have a specific date, which is "not set in stone, but is tentatively set," according to Rubin. Wheeler has battled some minor physical ailments this season but has pitched pretty well at Triple-A Las Vegas when healthy, posting a 3.86 ERA with 59 strikeouts over 58 1/3 innings. He's worth stashing in deeper mixed leagues.

I can't wait!

Absolutely putting him in my weekly lineup Sunday night before it locks.

Might not be smart to start a guy in his first MLB action ever...but I'm just too excited to see it. And the excitement will be considerably less if he's sitting on my bench.

Absolutely putting him in my weekly lineup Sunday night before it locks.

Might not be smart to start a guy in his first MLB action ever...but I'm just too excited to see it. And the excitement will be considerably less if he's sitting on my bench.

That's half the fun of fantasy baseball, picking up the red-hot rookies and starting them when they come out swinging (a la Wacha & Harvey) or when they stumble a bit (Gausman). I'm doing the same as you.

4 2/3, 4 ER. Not the final tune up I was hoping for. Oh well, get this kid to the bigs. Excited to see him.

Talk of one more AAA start. :blink:

John Harper of the New York Daily News reports that Zack Wheeler is expected to make one more start with Triple-A Las Vegas before being promoted to the Mets.

Wheeler struggled in what could have been his final Triple-A start on Friday and is no longer on track to make his season debut June 14 against the Cubs. The Mets are also cutting it close with the inexact Super Two arbitration deadline and likely don't want to take any chances. Wheeler, 22, has a 4.14 ERA over 12 starts in the Pacific Coast League.

Source: John Harper on Twitter

Well... this sucks. Does anyone know an estimate of when he could be getting called up now?

What a dumb team. Now instead of getting the Cubs at home he gets the Braves on the road. Mets will be Mets.

I know it makes sense because they need him for the 5 game series, but damn they could have gotten his feet wet against a weaker offense. So he had a bit of a hiccup yesterday... IT'S THE PCL FFS. At least he still had a 7:1 k:bb ratio in 4+ IP.

that series vs the braves has been rumored for a long time and it makes 0 sense to wait this long and then risk the super 2 with the cubs

unless super 2 has passed ... then its just the mets being the mets.

that series vs the braves has been rumored for a long time and it makes 0 sense to wait this long and then risk the super 2 with the cubs

They mentioned the calculated the cutoff date at June 9th.

But that's just an estimate. June 20 is considered super safe. Nothing wrong with holding off for one more start. Better than potentially wasting a year of service.

But that's just an estimate. June 20 is considered super safe. Nothing wrong with holding off for one more start. Better than potentially wasting a year of service.

Good point here. This guy is part of the future for the Mets, might as well avoid arbitration and keep him around a long as possible.

Also, the Super 2 doesn't get officially calculated until the end of the season, so everything is just an estimate right now. But June 20th is considered super safe.

Either way, I'm grabbing Wheeler now. I'm okay with having him on my bench for another week.

It definitely throw my rotation for a loop having to stash him on the bench for another week (I was going to throw him right out there for the first start).

But it does make it exciting. Especially if his first game is also June 18th, and goes up against Beachy on his return too (another guy I've been stashing for a while).

And everyone is right above. Even if they were 95% sure the Super 2 had passed, this Mets team is going absolutely nowhere, no sense at all risking that 5% when you can just wait a few more days and be completely sure.

What day this week will his next (and most likely final) start in Vegas?

Not sure but it is reported that next Tuesday is his scheduled start against the braves in a double header.

His last start was 6/7, so I'd guess his next and (hopefully) final start would be Wednesday, 6/12 against the same Tacoma team he just faced.