Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miltonj81

D-bags Rising League (League Champ Malta69)

So you're buying him Honda instead?

That may be one of your weakest posts ever...5 more picks and we're finally done... B)

Because two random assbags say so...? B)

Your team sucks...

Do you have the nuts to put $50 on that ridiculous statement of yours?

Do you have the nuts to put $50 on that ridiculous statement of yours?

You never learn do you??? B)

You never learn do you??? B)

He probably doesn't but I have to admit that my head-to-head record against him on bets isn't good...what exactly are you proposing, dickhead? Better record?

And a note to Matty...stop saying you want to trade without proposing something! B)

He probably doesn't but I have to admit that my head-to-head record against him on bets isn't good...what exactly are you proposing, dickhead? Better record?

I was thinking total points.

I was thinking total points.

I'm amazed you were thinking at all...I'm down with that...

Milt and I made a trade...You guys already know what it is though, if not.

Milt gets

Boldin and Westbrook

I get

Fitz and McFadden

And a note to Matty...stop saying you want to trade without proposing something! B)

Well when your team sucks a$$ as much as yours does, its hard to make an offer..

Well when your team sucks a$$ as much as yours does, its hard to make an offer..

Put your money where your sh*t-filled mouth is, tough guy...

I know scoring is messed but it will be fixed...or else I get dibs on Rock Cartwright! B)

If you haven't already done so, please go to the league site and vote on the return yardage issue...for those voting no, I'd love to hear why...currently it is 4-4...if it ends up in a tie, I make the decision...

If you haven't already done so, please go to the league site and vote on the return yardage issue...for those voting no, I'd love to hear why...currently it is 4-4...if it ends up in a tie, I make the decision...
I would love to hear the reasons as well. My reason for wanting it is that its more points for someones team, even if it is very minimal. In order for a guy to get 5 points, he would need 100 yards. That's quite a lot and that's if a guy does get 100. I agree at first that it was crazy off. It was a mistake and it was corrected. Now the scoring is almost perfect. It doesn't matter what the outcome will be but I'm just curious as to why people would be against it. At first I could see why, the scoring was way off and could of determined the way people draft. But that's not the case now. If someone says they would of drafted differently now, with such a minimal .5 pts per 10 yards it will be hard for me to believe it. I respect everyones opinions as I hope you will respect mine.

I voted in favor of using the return yardage for players, however I feel adamant about the fact that scoring needs to be tweaked and somewhat significantly. I like the fact that it makes normally unrosterable players serviceable during bye weeks, injuried, etc. but it shouldn't be weighed as heavily as .5 per 10 yards. I think giving .1 or .2 is the perfect balance.

Take a look at the WR scoring for last year. Johnnie Lee Higgins led ALL wideouts in points scored and was about 80 pts ahead of the next best guy. That should NEVER happen! lol

Now you guys know I'm not one to gripe about rules, in fact I hate it! But I can absolutely see why people would take issue with this scoring as is.

Just to give you guys a better understanding, here are the TOP TEN scoring WR's last year according to the scoring system:

Johnnie Lee Higgins - 399 pts

DeSean Jackson - 382 pts

Wes Welker - 358 pts

Steve Breaston - 338 pts

Andre Johnson - 312 pts

Larry Fitzgerald - 303 pts

Calvin Johnson - 274

Santana Moss - 274 pts

Mark Jones (WHO???) - 272 pts

Santonio Holmes - 271 pts.

I voted in favor of using the return yardage for players, however I feel adamant about the fact that scoring needs to be tweaked and somewhat significantly. I like the fact that it makes normally unrosterable players serviceable during bye weeks, injuried, etc. but it shouldn't be weighed as heavily as .5 per 10 yards. I think giving .1 or .2 is the perfect balance. Take a look at the WR scoring for last year. Johnnie Lee Higgins led ALL wideouts in points scored and was about 80 pts ahead of the next best guy. That should NEVER happen! lol Now you guys know I'm not one to gripe about rules, in fact I hate it! But I can absolutely see why people would take issue with this scoring as is.
I think .1 would be way too low. A guy would need 100 yards to get 1 point. If I'm correct, not positive though. What would even be the sense of having it. my math might be wrong though. Lol

Just to give you guys a better understanding, here are the TOP TEN scoring WR's last year according to the scoring system: Johnnie Lee Higgins - 399 pts DeSean Jackson - 382 pts Wes Welker - 358 pts Steve Breaston - 338 pts Andre Johnson - 312 pts Larry Fitzgerald - 303 pts Calvin Johnson - 274 Santana Moss - 274 pts Mark Jones (WHO???) - 272 pts Santonio Holmes - 271 pts.
I don't have a computer at work so I'm on my phone. So this sucks because I can't crunch numbers. Can I ask how many yards higgins had for return yards if possible.

I think .1 would be way too low. A guy would need 100 yards to get 1 point. If I'm correct, not positive though. What would even be the sense of having it. I my math might be wrong though. Lol

Yeah I'm no math major either, but the numbers don't lie. I really dont even know stats off the top of my head, but it looks to me like return guys amass some serious yardage each year (like 3000 plus yds?)

Maybe you guys can enter the return yds as .2 and see how big of a different it makes. I mean I can see Higgins as a top 50 wideout with the return yards absolutely, but to be the top ranked WR AND to outscore Andre Johnson last year by almost 90 pts. That's a bit of a stretch! lol

But all in all, I like the idea. Once we get the scoring figured out, I'm thinking more people will be on board.

I don't have a computer at work so I'm on my phone. So this sucks because I can't crunch numbers. Can I ask how many yards higgins had for return yards if possible.

I was thinking the same thing myself. I'm gonna do an advanced search in the stats.

I'm guessing that will show us.

Just to give you guys a better understanding, here are the TOP TEN scoring WR's last year according to the scoring system:

Johnnie Lee Higgins - 399 pts

DeSean Jackson - 382 pts

Wes Welker - 358 pts

Steve Breaston - 338 pts

Andre Johnson - 312 pts

Larry Fitzgerald - 303 pts

Calvin Johnson - 274

Santana Moss - 274 pts

Mark Jones (WHO???) - 272 pts

Santonio Holmes - 271 pts.

Ex-Giant and have I mention how much I hate this idea.

I think you've mentioned once or twice, yes... B)

Shouldn't you be outside playing hide and go seek or playing with your transformers and Gi Joe dolls....lol. Gary believe me bro, when the glitches are corrected. It will be fine. It still up for vote anyways, probably won't even go through.

Wow @ that post Gary. You caught us buddy. Damm. And all this time I thought we could of gotten away with this Milt...lol. We tried so hard to make it a disadvantage to everyone but Milt, Ray and myself but we got caught. Wow just wow. At least some guys are willing to figure out a solution. Which we have been trying to do and keep everyone happy which its hard to keep every individual happy. So maybe everyone isn't against it as you think though since its a 6-5 vote in favor to keep the return yards. And Ray hasn't voted yet. I'm not sure what he will do but I believe he made the scoring settings. All we can do is try and correct the problems and be thankful it was before season started.