Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miltonj81

D-bags Rising League (League Champ Malta69)

Alright I'm heading down the shore. I want to see one of two things when I get back:

1. The return yard scoring figured out.

2. Gary's team on my schedule every week.

Get 'er done boys!!!

Okay. Ive stayed silent....but this is getting out of hand.

I found out about the return yards about 2/3 of the way through the draft. Milt brought it up in the Draft Room Chat. I remember that he even said "I hope nobody is pissed about it since it was never really posted." He definitely had no intentions of offsetting the balance of the league or anything. Just an interesting idea that he had. At the time, I thought it was kind of an exciting spin on scoring -- in a league that was already PPR with 6pt Passing TDs. I definitely understood the appeal. I really do believe that Boz drafted Hester solely as a WR and Milt drafted Leon Washington solely as a RB....and I didnt change any of my strategy after I was told of the change (2/3 of the way through).

HOWEVER, I dont think any of us understood how much it actually would offset the balance. The stats that Malta posted are crazy. Even at .5pts per 10 yards, the league's leading WR is Johnnie Lee Higgins? I mean, c'mon. It was interesting idea, but a scoring change like that needs to be understood by everyone before the draft starts. Hester and Higgins and Jackson and Mark Jones and even Reggie Bush probably would have went quite a bit higher.

I think what it comes down to is this...........it would have been an interesting twist, Milt/Boz/Ray's intentions were fair, but theres no way that this scoring change can be upheld.

2008 Top 10 Receivers

Johnnie Lee Higgins - 399 pts

DeSean Jackson - 382 pts

Wes Welker - 358 pts

Steve Breaston - 348 pts

Andre Johnson - 312 pts

Larry Fitzgerald - 303 pts

Calvin Johnson - 274

Santana Moss - 274 pts

Mark Jones - 272 pts

Santonio Holmes - 271 pts.

2008 Top 10 Running Backs

Leon Washington - 371 pts

Maurice Jones-Drew - 312.5 pts

Darren Sproles - 308.0 pts

DeAngelo Williams - 292.0 pts

Matt Forte - 289 pts

Reggie Bush - 288 pts

Michael Turner - 267.0 pts

LaDainian Tomlinson - 261.0 pts

Thomas Jones - 260.0 pts

Steve Slaton - 257.0 pts

(if you dont see AP, its because he's the #13 RB...right behind Kevin Faulk)

The top 3 players in the whole league in 2008 were: Higgins, Jackson, and Leon Washington. Adrian Peterson was the 41st ranked player in the league last year. At 245.5, he's 153.5 points behind Higgins and 125.5 points behind Washington...yet he was taken #1 overall in this year's draft. I can see why Gary is pissed. If that doesnt offset the balance of the league, I dont know what does. Any change that has that significant of an effect MUST be understood before the first player (probably Johnnie Lee Higgins!) is drafted. The only way this league is going to be fair and people arent going to feel cheated is if Milt/Boz/Ray/whomever swallow their pride and just abolish this idea.

Id be up for Return Yardage in future leagues....but these stats are just crazy.

Staying silent is not the way to be...I was encouraging people to speak up and I'd say Vriez did a pretty good job himself...I don't want any controversy, this is supposed to be a fun league...even though the vote passed 7-5, a couple of those "yes" votes were on the fence so I have done away with pts. for return yardage altogether...if anyone gives me crap about bending over on this, I swear to Christ I will find you and punch you in the face...then you can't be in the league because I only wanted guys that I didn't want to punch...if anyone has any other suggestions for scoring to make things more interesting yet ensure a level playing field, please post it...now we can stop with all of the ridiculous posts, texts, BBMs, AIMs and fb disputes!

Staying silent is not the way to be...I was encouraging people to speak up and I'd say Vriez did a pretty good job himself...I don't want any controversy, this is supposed to be a fun league...even though the vote passed 7-5, a couple of those "yes" votes were on the fence so I have done away with pts. for return yardage altogether...if anyone gives me crap about bending over on this, I swear to Christ I will find you and punch you in the face...then you can't be in the league because I only wanted guys that I didn't want to punch...if anyone has any other suggestions for scoring to make things more interesting yet ensure a level playing field, please post it...now we can stop with all of the ridiculous posts, texts, BBMs, AIMs and fb disputes!
well said bro. Too much drama and BS to deal with. There should be no complaints now unless Gary wants us to take the R out of his name !!! Lol. Now Hester can stay put. I only offered him so it didn't look like it was a scam hahaha

Quiet here...two more drafts today! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So Boz started another league but I don't see a league thread for it...I'm guessing it's because some of his buddies couldn't find their way on here...let alone find their way out of a paper bag! B)

So Boz started another league but I don't see a league thread for it...I'm guessing it's because some of his buddies couldn't find their way on here...let alone find their way out of a paper bag! B)

You're going down this week creampuff!

You too Vriezy :)

yeah there were some crazy picks. Funny thing, we were all breaking balls about Brady going 2nd and Brees going 6th, I bet they score higher then most of the top 5 rb's. Lol

You're going down this week creampuff!

You too Vriezy :)

BRING IT! B)

YOU FLAKE!! changing the scoring like that! :)B)

come find me and try to punch me in the face, old man!

YOU FLAKE!! changing the scoring like that! :lol::)

come find me and try to punch me in the face, old man!

Shut up...you voted no!

And don't tempt me, punk...you don't want me to make you uglier than you already are... B)

Monster start out of FAST Willie! B)

F*** you Boldin...or f*** me for playing him...

Get ready for the Brady and T.O. show all night long tonite fool!!!!

Pats 56

Bills 40

Get ready for the Brady and T.O. show all night long tonite fool!!!!

Pats 56

Bills 40

You think the Bills will score 40? Are you singing that song "High Hopes" while you wrote this ?? You might be right about the Patriots score but I think you might of switched the numbers around in the Bills score by accident...Think it should of been 04 instead of 40 (2 safeties)....Lol B)

You think the Bills will score 40? Are you singing that song "High Hopes" while you wrote this ?? You might be right about the Patriots score but I think you might of switched the numbers around in the Bills score by accident...Think it should of been 04 instead of 40 (2 safeties)....Lol B)

Hahaha perhaps, although its probably pretty safe to assume that Brady goes off tonight. 350 yds and 4 TD's ought to do the trick!

And Sandman can thank me anytime now for the whole Gonzo snafu...see, I had his best interests in mind!

OK, I figured we'd be able to do free add/drops after one

night of waivers...CBS doesn't let us do that so here is

what I propose...send me a PM by midnight Tuesday with the

player you want to claim (only one guy) and he will be

awarded based on waiver priority on Wednesday

morning...after 9pm on Wednesdays, you can add/drop anyone

you want up until the first game of the week...setting this

time for guys who cannot access site from work...please do

not do any transactions before the designated times or I'll

have to reverse it...as of now, add/drops are open for

everyone

OK, I figured we'd be able to do free add/drops after one

night of waivers...CBS doesn't let us do that so here is

what I propose...send me a PM by midnight Tuesday with the

player you want to claim (only one guy) and he will be

awarded based on waiver priority on Wednesday

morning...after 9pm on Wednesdays, you can add/drop anyone

you want up until the first game of the week...setting this

time for guys who cannot access site from work...please do

not do any transactions before the designated times or I'll

have to reverse it...as of now, add/drops are open for

everyone

I amended this on CBS...system should be set now...I'm still a rookie as a Commish... B)

Dallas Clark! He saves my a** while I'm at U2 show...awesome...waivers should be set for ONE pickup tonight, with the free-for-all starting tomorrow...you should not need to PM me as I had previously suggested...

D'Angelo vs. Steve Smith Gary.

You ready to go down???

D'Angelo vs. Steve Smith Gary.

You ready to go down???

I hate you. Second straight week in a league I had to stay up for the whole monday night game for the team I wanted to win lose and for me to lose my damn fantasy game cause of it.

I hate you. Second straight week in a league I had to stay up for the whole monday night game for the team I wanted to win lose and for me to lose my damn fantasy game cause of it.

Sucks, don't it? I had to stay up for other two leagues but won both...and one matchup was Witten (me) vs. D'Angelo (Ray) so that was very satisfying... B) Blew it in this league...why in the world would I switch kickers on Sunday morning? Difference between 4-2 and 3-3... :)