Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theSPANKER

Eddie Royal

246 posts in this topic

Do you sense that this guy is gonna blow up with all of the Marshall drama going on?

Also in a 12-man 1PPR league that counts return yards. In that format Royal would be very valuable if he's utilized on special teams, especially on kick returns.

A few days ago I read McDaniels stated Royal "is definitely going to be a factor in the return game whether it be kickoffs or punts." Now I'm reading special teams coach Mike Priefer stating he won't be used as much.

Homers please chime in on whether you think Royal will still be utilized on special teams.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=4853

With or without special teams, are you targeting this guy in your drafts?

He has 1 major factor working against him: Kyle Orton.

But in PPR he will be targeted A LOT! Plus Denver D sucks and they will be behind in a lot of games.

He has 1 major factor working against him: Kyle Orton.

On the contrary, Orton could be throwing the ball to him alot

I think he'll be better than Welker. I took him in a PPR in the 4th round. He'll lead the team in targets running those slants.

- Should fit into McDaniels, Wes Welker role (big number for PPR)

- Orton won't be able to throw deep to often (good for Royal)

- Denver's defense will give up lots of points, meaning the offense will need to throw the ball a lot more

Dislikes:

- Orton isn't the greatest QB

- With Marshall potentially out, could Royal see double coverage?

If Bmarshall does not see the field, I think it hurts Eddie a lot actually.

He will not only draw the oppositions best cornerback, he'll likely see double coverage as well. Denver will still be able to get the ball to him but being undersized, it's going to be very difficult for him to score with the added coverage/attention.

He'll be worth it in ppr leagues but without Marshall, I have a hard time believing he'll match last year's numbers, which came with Cutler at the helm

I dunno', Denver should be pretty effective running the ball so don't think opposing defenders will be able to double-team Royal, nor should they with Orton behind centre.

did not know the grammer police, roamed these boards B)

No comma needed and it should be "grammar," not "grammer."

Know coma neted as welll as "gramar," note "grammer."

In before the edit!

:) LOL just kidding. B)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Back on topic, I really think Royal could have a Welker-esque season this year. I don't expect him to be a touchdown machine, but 100 catches is not unrealistic, which would make him PPR dynamite.

No comma needed and it should be "grammar," not "grammer."

No. It's "Gramma Police".

Just put her in a home and be done with it.

In before the edit!

:) LOL just kidding. B)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Back on topic, I really think Royal could have a Welker-esque season this year. I don't expect him to be a touchdown machine, but 100 catches is not unrealistic, which would make him PPR dynamite.

The upside is there for sure. Has anyone drafted in PPR yet? Where is this guy going? BTW is Stokely still there to take any heat off of him?

The upside is there for sure. Has anyone drafted in PPR yet? Where is this guy going? BTW is Stokely still there to take any heat off of him?

Late 4th, early 5th. I took him at 5.9 a week ago and was surprised to see him there. I actually passed on Marshall at 3.9 and 4.4 cause I was worried about his antics. I liked Royal before this, now I'm pumped.....but still a little worried about Orton. My guess for a stat line 95-1100-6, with some upside on the yardage. That gives you a top 15 WR (high end WR2).

Factors going here: Eddie Royal is a tireless worker who has great deep speed but is more effective runing 5-15 yd routes.... that plays to Orton's strength. Orton actually has looked good outside of 4 really stupid INT's. He'll get better the longer he's in McDaniels system. Still, that doesn't affect Royal owners right away. Denver also has a great young OL which will give Orton time to throw. McDaniels offense will usually feature 3/4 WR's so very seldom will a defense be able to bracket Royal. Denver is also going to be losing a lot this year which means Royal will have a lot of 3rd/4th quarter production.

I think his value goes up tremendously with Marshall being out of the way but I don't really see him getting hurt with Bmarsh in the picture. Much different offense in Denver this year vs. last season.

I do think it's a bit premature to say that Marshall's out of the picture - but if he's not playing, I think Royal suffers from suddenly being the center of attention and getting doubled constantly. Royal owners should hope that Marshall takes this as a wake-up call and shows up ready to contribute in Week 1.

I do think it's a bit premature to say that Marshall's out of the picture - but if he's not playing, I think Royal suffers from suddenly being the center of attention and getting doubled constantly. Royal owners should hope that Marshall takes this as a wake-up call and shows up ready to contribute in Week 1.

I agree...surprised no one else thinks hurts royal

Eddie Royal could see double coverage every game without Marshall. Eddie Royal seemed to excel at the underneath passes which is hard without Marshall taking the safeties deep.

I think his value drops a round or two with this news.

I think he'll be better than Welker. I took him in a PPR in the 4th round. He'll lead the team in targets running those slants.

I doubt it but I'd love that since I own Royal in 2 leagues, one of them being a PPR.

So Royal will have a better season than Welker because of the upgrade to Orten over Cutler and the downgrade of Cassell to scrub Brady for Welker. B)

What?! This is crazy talk.

Welker has posted 2 straight 100+ catch seasons and is a virtual lock to do it again. Not to mention that Brady is back and that system has Welker as their main possession receiver...he IS their short game.

Marshall's absence hurts Royal as he demands so much attention on the field.

Without Marshall, Royal instantly becomes the biggest threat and in turn, will receive much more attention.

It's a lot easier for Welker because Moss was always on the field, regardless of whether Brady or Cassell was throwing the ball.

i'll bet my life that marshall will be there and ready for game 1 of the regular season. i own royal and am not sure if having him there hurts or helps his value, so i dont care either way