Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JetCityPersian

Rashard agrees to terms with Orlando

Sounds like Rashard has made his choice:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...ign_with_magic/

I think they're paying him too much, but Orlando just got better.

I guess this means Darko won't be in Orlando next year. I bet him or GWallace is the next FA domino to fall...

All signs have been pointing to a Darko for Lewis sign-and-trade in my eyes, and this just gives it more probable cause. The Sonics don't have much leverage at this point, so to get a big man with potential they should probably work something out.

It should be fun to watch him and Howard together. This adds them to the list of contenders to get knocked off by the West next year.

As long as Darko doesn't want way too much money, I think that's a good idea. He's a young big with potential, and I'm pretty sure that Orlando would want to ship him to Seattle too (rather than have him sign with someone in the East).

Did you hear the rumors of Detroit being interested in dealing Hamilton for a package including Wilcox? Getting Darko would make even more sense if Wilcox was leaving town.

-shard lewis is NOT a max player. the guy's pretty much a spot up shooter who cant really create his own offense. hes a bad on the ball defender, decent rebounder, cant really put the ball on the floor, etc. he really isnt that dynamic of a player. dont get me wrong, thats great that orlando landed him, but he should not have been paid that much. hopefully howard's working on his offensive game this summer. yeah, he's got a guy now who can create space for him to operate, but he's got to do a better job reading the defense and kicking the ball back out. howard's horrible with the TO's cuz he's so slow to recognize the double. not sure if i'd put the magic in the playoffs quite yet, theyre still very young, dont have a natural point guard, and will still suck on D. i also wonder if redick's ready to man the 2 guard. if so, the magic should study the OLD hakeem and the rockets tapes. they got 4 shooters in jameer, redick, shard and hedo that they can surround howard with just like hakeem had.

-i really dont care where darko goes, he sucks. he had the opportunity to prove his worth last yr and he failed.

-now that shard and ray allen are out of SEA, i wonder if they're the team that can offer gerald wallace the most money. bobcats are still under the cap too, so they still have a shot at retaining him. who else is under the cap?...grizzlies, hornets, bucks, hawks. i think thats it. out of those teams i think the bobcats, sonics and grizzlies have the best shot at him.

I don't know that Seattle should pursue Wallace with Green and Durant on board.. he's just another SF. If I'm Seattle, I'm looking for a PG right now.

I don't know that Seattle should pursue Wallace with Green and Durant on board.. he's just another SF. If I'm Seattle, I'm looking for a PG right now.

wallace might not be a typical 2 guard, but he can play and definitely guard that position. acquiring him really isnt that much different from their proposed plan of starting durant, shard and green.

i dont understand why they wanna get rid of ridnour so bad, other than the fact that he sucks on defense he's a solid all around PG. i know alot of teams like his game, but what can he command? the sonics have done a pretty good job of actually keeping his value down the past couple of yrs. they also have watson and d-west to man their position if they somehow manage to flip ridnour for a 2 guard.

wallace might not be a typical 2 guard, but he can play and definitely guard that position. acquiring him really isnt that much different from their proposed plan of starting durant, shard and green.

i dont understand why they wanna get rid of ridnour so bad, other than the fact that he sucks on defense he's a solid all around PG. i know alot of teams like his game, but what can he command? the sonics have done a pretty good job of actually keeping his value down the past couple of yrs. they also have watson and d-west to man their position if they somehow manage to flip ridnour for a 2 guard.

Ridnour is so inconsistent.. I think he has confidence problems. He's not as bad as a lot of people make him out to be, but he is an absolute matador on defense.

I dunno.. all these kids? They could use a confident leader at the PG position. I know they aren't getting Billups, but he'd be huge for this team. That's the guy I'd dream about if I was a Sonics fan. Not happening, though.

Ridnour is so inconsistent.. I think he has confidence problems. He's not as bad as a lot of people make him out to be, but he is an absolute matador on defense.

I dunno.. all these kids? They could use a confident leader at the PG position. I know they aren't getting Billups, but he'd be huge for this team. That's the guy I'd dream about if I was a Sonics fan. Not happening, though.

there really arent that many PGs in the market. the only other one i can think of is mo williams and hes not really a PG (although hes a very underrated scorer). i dont think you'd want him leading an extremely young team.

I imagine the Sonics were hoping to get something back for Lewis but other than Darko I don't know what other spare parts the Sonics would want to take back. Since Orlando offered max money it doesn't sound like Lewis is worried about getting the sixth year that a sign and trade would gain him. I read on the Seattle P-I site this morning that Lewis wasn't even looking for Max money so he must have jumped when Orlando offered.

I read on hoopshype that after getting De West. The Sonics think they can play Ridnour and West together so they will look to move Watson who has a friendlier contract. The Sonics are going to have to sign or trade for someone else that can score on that team. After this the Sonic will have a bunch of cap room for next year and are looking at another lottery pick next season. The rebuilding has begun. OKC should really have a nice young team when the Sonics arrive.

This shouldn't hurt Lewis' value for next year but it should bump Durant's value up a bit.

there really arent that many PGs in the market. the only other one i can think of is mo williams and hes not really a PG (although hes a very underrated scorer). i dont think you'd want him leading an extremely young team.

Mo is going to be a good fit for some team. He'd be nice on the Cavs... but yeah, not for the Sonics. There's not much out there, you're right. Billups would be huge though. Not gonna happen for Seattle, though.

This has to work out better than Grant Hill.

not sure if i'd put the magic in the playoffs quite yet, theyre still very young, dont have a natural point guard, and will still suck on D.

Some good points Gargz. Howard is still young and I think will work out some of the problems (besides FT%) that he's had as he matured. Orlando is still a playoff threat in the East though, if anything, by process of elimination.