Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Wow, the sequel is finally here 10 years after the original film. I believe some of you have seen The Boondock Saints, as I recall reading the praise. If you haven't seen it, rent it now. It's a stylized uber-violent action film sprinkled w/ humor. It has a pretty sizable cult following & it's well deserved. Hopefully the sequel will live up to the original.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/boond...ed-band-trailer

Wow, the sequel is finally here 10 years after the original film. I believe some of you have seen The Boondock Saints, as I recall reading the praise. If you haven't seen it, rent it now. It's a stylized uber-violent action film sprinkled w/ humor. It has a pretty sizable cult following & it's well deserved. Hopefully the sequel will live up to the original.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/boond...ed-band-trailer

Its weird that you bring this subject up because I heard about this earlier today and was telling Milt...I also heard there is a Green Street Hooligans 2 coming out also. 2 sick flicks !!!

Its weird that you bring this subject up because I heard about this earlier today and was telling Milt...I also heard there is a Green Street Hooligans 2 coming out also. 2 sick flicks !!!

I've heard about the Boondock Saints sequel since forever, but finally saw the trailer. I also enjoyed the original Green Street Hooligans, & while I think it has a sequel, I believe it was more of a "straight to DVD" type of film. The Boondocks follow-up better be better than that, lol!

Saints II was supposed to come out YEARS ago.... didnt think it was ever gonna come out

from what i remember reading, it's a prequel, since David De La Rocco was supposed to be in it

Honestly, I dont think it's gonna be half the flick the first was.. No David De La Rocco, no Willem Dafoe. Looks like a real Hollywood version, i guess

That makes me cry a lot. GSH was such a good movie and really doesnt need a sequel...AT ALL

eh, i didn't even like the first boondock saints...

That's fine, different strokes for different folks. But it has a pretty big cult following, of which I am apart! B)

Honestly, I dont think it's gonna be half the flick the first was.. No David De La Rocco, no Willem Dafoe. Looks like a real Hollywood version, i guess

I posted the trailer on fb the other day...looks OK to me, love the original...I know Troy Duffy, he's from NH...this got tangled up in "legal" matters for years but the word is that Duffy burned a lot of bridges in Hollywood and they left him hanging for years on this...Della Rocco is in the film in flashbacks or dream sequences, I believe...no Dafoe, he had no interest this time around which is too bad...Julie Benz takes over as his protege and she is pretty hot...should be interesting!

Willam Dafoe was the worst part of the movie to me. He was so over the top and annoying. I'd be happy to have a movie without him.

Though looking at the preview, this doesn't look like a sequel, it looks like a remake. Julie Benz is playing Dafoe as I'm guessing his "protoge" is just going to be just like him, and they apparently replaced De La Rocco with someone who looks and acts just like his character too.

I guess if I'm Troy Murphy and I'm blackballed from Hollywood and my only chance to make any money is to just recreate my only success, I do it.

The first one was excellent, didn't really become a huge hit until it was released on DVD.

The trailer looks super-cheesy...seems like it just turned into a huge, shoot em up movie.

Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The first one was excellent, didn't really become a huge hit until it was released on DVD.

The trailer looks super-cheesy...seems like it just turned into a huge, shoot em up movie.

Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The first movie never got released in theaters because it was due to come out soon after the Columbine shootings...

I saw the sequel on DVD. Not as good as the first one, which I loved. The humor just felt forced & the action scenes weren't as cool. Oh well ...

I think I actually liked this one better than the first one. I'll be curious how they end it with the next movie.

I think I actually liked this one better than the first one. I'll be curious how they end it with the next movie.

I am still going to have to see Part 3 if it actually happens.