Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheHibornater

@ the ballparks

here's the trick. we all know how nowadays it costs a good $15 to grab two hotdogs and two sodas at a game. everything is so expensive, they really rip you off. so here's the trick to free, old fashioned baseball fun. after about the 3rd or 4th inning when everyone decides that the game is dull and they head off to go to the bathroom or to have a smoke, look around for peanut bags that people left behind. sometimes the people right next to you will leave a bag of peanuts on the ground, they've been gone for 30 minutes, theyre yours. free peanuts. theyre already in the shell. its not really gross or anything is it? i mean, its in the frikkin shell. just a good tip next time youve got 4 kids to attend to and suddenly yer clean, crisp $50 dollar bill don't look so hot anymore.

With all due respect man, a bag of peanuts outside the park at most ML stadiums (I have been to Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, County Stadium, Miller Park, and Great American Ballpark) costs no more than $2 or $3. Isn't that better than looking like a total a** when the guy whose peanuts you picked up comes back and wonders why you're eating them? Personally I don't have kids, but have taken large groups of them to games while I was coaching and we always told the parents to feed the kids before and send money for food after to avoid paying for the overpriced food. I admire your efforts to save money, but that seems a little much.

here's the trick. we all know how nowadays it costs a good $15 to grab two hotdogs and two sodas at a game. everything is so expensive, they really rip you off. so here's the trick to free, old fashioned baseball fun. after about the 3rd or 4th inning when everyone decides that the game is dull and they head off to go to the bathroom or to have a smoke, look around for peanut bags that people left behind. sometimes the people right next to you will leave a bag of peanuts on the ground, they've been gone for 30 minutes, theyre yours. free peanuts. theyre already in the shell. its not really gross or anything is it? i mean, its in the frikkin shell. just a good tip next time youve got 4 kids to attend to and suddenly yer clean, crisp $50 dollar bill don't look so hot anymore.

Wow...

I guess I can rummage through the dumpster behind my local McDonalds too, where I might find a Big Mac chillin in the box.

This post has to be a joke...

good way to get beer too!

have you all seen the dodgers all you can eat section? its pretty funny, just google it if you haven't. i think some other stadiums are doing the same thing. i think the answer is to go to minor league baseball. i'm going tonight and you can get 4 tix, dogs, drinks, etc and spend less than $50. at braves games once you walk through the food area, if you have two things in your hands you've alreadly blown that yourself