Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

My league scoring is as follows: 1 pt per solo/.5 pt per assist....3 points per sack, 3 points per interception.

DB.....I've been starting Eric Weddle but am thinking about a change to one of the following:

George Wilson

Erik Coleman

Tyvon Branch

LB....Kind of disappointed in Justin Durant but is this a big week for him? Or do I add:

Jon Beason

Kirk Morrison

Daryl Smith

Stephen Cooper

Calvin Pace

Thanks in advance.

Stunna-

It'd help if you reposted your scoring format.

Honestly, your DB question is brutal. Weddle does NOT hve a great schedule ahead but of all positions Safety is the least chartable.

NOW- George Wilson is NOT locked in at SS. He's been filling a need while Scott (the SS) and Whitner are down. Scott is fully participating in practice. Now- Word coming out of Buffalo has Scott taking snaps at LB while Wilson remains at SS on the basis of his strong play. But I would not acquire him. Risky.

I like Branch but don't care for his schedule. His outlook is bolstered by his suretackling ability and the Raiders lackluster efforts.

I like Coleman very much today. I also thought that he would be a major impact player in the league when he came into it and he sure is doing well. But is he a better long term bet than Weddle?

I would play the weekly matchups in your shoes. But I am reckless. I'd have to say hold, tho I want to recommend Coleman. Weddle has a good matchup today as well.

Calvin Pace jumped off the page at me but that's because he should do very, very well against the Jags. Tough to project for a Strongside player long term but he's one of the most reliable at the position.

But I would have taken Beason over Durant at the beginning of the season and I'd do it now. Neither has a great matchup today and the edge might go to Durant. But I'd take Beason for the balance of the season.

Is Jonathan Babineaux a decent start against the run heavy Panthers. He did have a huge game against the WASH last week. It's a very deep league the options are very thin. Thanks in advance

IF he can stop the RBs before they get to Lofton, as he did last week, he's gold. He's worth a shot if you have no one else at the position.

I'm concerned about how this matchup plays out at this point. As a Lofton owner I looked forward to this matchup. But the injuries to D-Will and J-Stew may cause Fox to alter his gameplan.

thanks for the insight, TMan.

Sure.

Looks like Scott is starting at SLB today, but who knows what happens when Keith Ellison returns.

Scott is really intriguing as a play on the Strongside. He has always been a good hitter.

Trying to decide whether to start L. Timmons coming of the injury or picking up and starting Landon Johnson against the Falcons. I'm afraid Timmons might lose time to K. Fox again, like early in the season when he struggled with injuries.

Trying to decide whether to start L. Timmons coming of the injury or picking up and starting Landon Johnson against the Falcons. I'm afraid Timmons might lose time to K. Fox again, like early in the season when he struggled with injuries.

Chip-

Stick with Timmons. Good matchup. You have to roll with him.

Landon is a former SLB and I can't remember if he has a lot of Cover 2 experience. (I should have looked that up.) I like him, but let's see one.

Chip-

Stick with Timmons. Good matchup. You have to roll with him.

Landon is a former SLB and I can't remember if he has a lot of Cover 2 experience. (I should have looked that up.) I like him, but let's see one.

Thanks, think I'm overthinking this a little. I'm 9-0 and should win this week but you never know.

TM, I wanted to say thanx for all the great help you provide to this forum. You put in a lot of time on this, and your great knowledge/insight has really been helpful to me...

I'd like to know what you think about these players that have been doing really well recently, and/or have great matchups for week 11, and if you would sub them for any of my current ones.

DB Tanard Jackson: Averaging over 14 ppg in his last 4, and going against a pass-heavy offense that will provide opportunity.

LB Lawrence Timmons: Playing a weak KC O-line that gives up a bunch of sacks.

LB Kamerion Wimbley: Averages a very decent amount tackles, and playing the Lions' weak O-line that gives up a lot of sacks.

LB James Laurinaitis: Talented tackler whom I think is due for a big game, and I think next week he'll be seeing a lot of running from the Cards.

LB Keith Brooking: See LB Kamerion Wimbley.

LB E.J. Henderson: A little disappointing this season, but is available.

I just dropped Polamalu for Phillips, and I think he's a good start next week against a Denver team with an injured QB that might rely a lot on their running game... I'm not sure what to think of Lofton's opportunities next week versus a Giants team that throws the ball a lot more than they run it, although I know he's one of those dudes you don't want to bench often for a matchup player... I'm pretty sure I want to keep Morrison in my lineup this week against the Bengals... Durant? Not sure what to think of him this week.

Basically, I am very tempted to drop Westbrook to grab either one of these dudes to start next week. Right now, the first three players I listed above are my initial leans, and I like them in that specific order (Jackson, Timmons then Wimbley).

TM, what would you recommend? Thx, bud.

Should I drop London Fletcher for Lance Briggs, Witherspoon of Stephen Cooper going forward? Thx

TM, I wanted to say thanx for all the great help you provide to this forum. You put in a lot of time on this, and your great knowledge/insight has really been helpful to me...

Thanks, Omar.

But other members are just as sharp, they just don't go on- and on- like I do. B)

Timmah, MA, lots of good advice to be found. We take turns when we're around (I'm actually going to be shuffling off again soon) and if we agree with a reply or consensus opinion we take the lazy way out and simply don't post. So those cats will be around.

NOW- This post could pass as a "rate'em" question. That would make it worthy for inclusion and discussion in the general "IDP Watch" Thread. That's where discussion, analysis and touts of the IDP variety can be found. Just don't make the subject specific to your league or team and it can stay in the "Talk" thread where you are likely to get more analytical input.

I'd like to know what you think about these players that have been doing really well recently, and/or have great matchups for week 11, and if you would sub them for any of my current ones.

DB Tanard Jackson: Averaging over 14 ppg in his last 4, and going against a pass-heavy offense that will provide opportunity.

LB Lawrence Timmons: Playing a weak KC O-line that gives up a bunch of sacks.

LB Kamerion Wimbley: Averages a very decent amount tackles, and playing the Lions' weak O-line that gives up a lot of sacks.

LB James Laurinaitis: Talented tackler whom I think is due for a big game, and I think next week he'll be seeing a lot of running from the Cards.

LB Keith Brooking: See LB Kamerion Wimbley.

LB E.J. Henderson: A little disappointing this season, but is available.

I just dropped Polamalu for Phillips, and I think he's a good start next week against a Denver team with an injured QB that might rely a lot on their running game... I'm not sure what to think of Lofton's opportunities next week versus a Giants team that throws the ball a lot more than they run it, although I know he's one of those dudes you don't want to bench often for a matchup player... I'm pretty sure I want to keep Morrison in my lineup this week against the Bengals... Durant? Not sure what to think of him this week.

Basically, I am very tempted to drop Westbrook to grab either one of these dudes to start next week. Right now, the first three players I listed above are my initial leans, and I like them in that specific order (Jackson, Timmons then Wimbley).

TM, what would you recommend? Thx, bud.

I take it David Hawthorne is gone.

I'd try to MOVE Westbrook before you waive him. If you aren't the McCoy owner then target him (or anyone for that matter) and throw in another player, preferably one doing better but not quite as good as your target, to make it a 2-1 deal that frees you up a roster space. You may be forced to drop Westy, yes, and I wouldn't count on getting anything out of him after back-to-back concussions- the risk is too great and the Eagles risk liability as a franchise (in fact they already do). Try to trade him for a day before waiving him. But I have to say I wouldn't blame you for dropping him if it comes to that.

Tanard Jackson: Outplaying his matchups (like yesterday). Playing with a purpose following a suspension over using a banned substance. While serving his suspension made repeated vows to kick a** as soon as he got back on the field. And he has.

Improved every year at Syracuse and was smartly converted to Free Safety by Tampa post-draft. (This was not a decision made by the CURRENT management, tho, so don't give them any credit.) Rendering Sabby Piscitelli an after thought with his motor. It's hard to believe he can maintain THIS pace but it isn't uncommon for DBs to suddenly improve, like WRs, in their 3rd season.

Even though DBs are more difficult to predict long term he has a great schedule ahead the next 3 games.

Lackluster LB corps contributes to his tackle chances (a reason why many of us liked Sabby so much). NOTE: On my roster.

LB Lawrence Timmons: KC matchup even better as it favors the Weakside LBs and rushers. He is available in a lot of leagues because of his injury issues, which do make him hard to count on. But he deserves to be on a roster. NOTE: Has been on my roster but I had to juggle for a BYE week.

LB Kamerion Wimbley: Competent tackler with good penetration skills. However Detroit is NOT a reliable opponent. Witness both Jared Allen and EJ Henderson yesterday, David Hawthorne having a huge game but not getting to Stafford. Yet Clay Matthews and Nick Barnett had a field day. Even drunken felon Leonard Little and fellow Viking Ray Edwards accomplished what Jared did not. They obviously gameplanned to shut down Allen and it worked. I'll start an MLB against DET without a 2nd thought and I'd still recommend Wimbley but beware that Pass Rushers can be neutralized. NOTE: A good night from him and Timmah! overtakes my team and wins the week's matchup, mostly due to the fact I benched the aforementioned Tanard Jackson for Brandon McGowan. (And Jared Allen disappeared.)

LB James Laurinaitis: As you implied, while not a playmaker or athletic freak in the mold of Patrick Willis the rookie Laurinaitis is a solid tackler in a better defined role- MLB in a standard 4-3- than other LBs on the list. nd he isn't a total loss on peripheral plays. He has a nice schedule. Limited upside but might be the most consistent, reliable scorer of those listed.

LB Keith Brooking: I love the work the old vet is doing. He is certainly the most successful LB reclamation project Dallas has made in recent years. He has equaled his PD high of the previous 3 seasons (4 in '07) and already has 2 sacks. Has a decent schedule though it would be stronger if he played in a 4-3. I just can't bring myself to tout him over the others.

All the LBs listed actually have fairly favorable schedules. If I had to pick a PLAYER of these with the best schedule I'd probably take Tanard Jackson.

While I recommended Phillips to you I wasn't impressed with his effort yesterday in a good matchup; makes me wonder if his ankle is bothering him. I am going to solicit the opinion of an expert on a couple situations that apply here and hopefully he can get in and render an opinion.

Almost always siding with LBs, I actually put Tanard Jackson on top of this pile. Then Wimbley. I might even put Laurinaitis above Timmons, tho those two are real close.

Should I drop London Fletcher for Lance Briggs, Witherspoon of Stephen Cooper going forward? Thx

Depending on your scoring format, in tackle heavy leagues I'd drop Fletcher for Cooper.

I don't think I could've gotten a more complete answer, TM... Again, thx a bunch, bud. I will take a shot at Tanard Jackson and add him to my roster. About Phillips, I too was disappointed about his output, yesterday. I think I will wait to see if he has any health issues before making a decision on him. About Westy, I tried to deal him away earlier, but nobody was interested in him. Now that he'll likely be out for the year (if he's not, I wouldn't gamble on him producing), I think he's due to hit the WW. I do get sentimental about it, because he's been in my team for the past 5-6 years, and it's been a great run... Big Long Sigh... Oh, well, the new beast is in town (CJ), and am looking forward to a long lasting relationship.

Depending on your scoring format, in tackle heavy leagues I'd drop Fletcher for Cooper.

Thnx TM..

I currently have Fletcher and Ruud...here's the complete scoring format, btw...

1 pt/tkl, 0.5pt/asst, 3 pt/sack, 2 pt/int, 2 pts FF/FR, 1 pt/ passd

You said in an earlier post that Weddle's schedule is NOT good...is it a good idea to drop/trade Weddle for Tyvon Branch?

I don't want to have both Cooper and Weddle as they are both from the same team...I already have both Ruud and Tanard Jackson

both from TB...(is it a good idea to drop Ruud?)

A lot of other good LBs on waivers too...can u pick the best from among these for the rest of the season or should I play matchups?

Keith Ellison (when he returns)

Witherspoon,

Briggs,

Justin Durant/Daryl Smith

E.J. Henderson/Chad Greenway

Barnett

Shaun Phillips

All the LBs listed actually have fairly favorable schedules. If I had to pick a PLAYER of these with the best schedule I'd probably take Tanard Jackson.

While I recommended Phillips to you I wasn't impressed with his effort yesterday in a good matchup; makes me wonder if his ankle is bothering him. I am going to solicit the opinion of an expert on a couple situations that apply here and hopefully he can get in and render an opinion.

Almost always siding with LBs, I actually put Tanard Jackson on top of this pile. Then Wimbley. I might even put Laurinaitis above Timmons, tho those two are real close.

I'll start off by agreeing with the call on Jackson....I've been monitoring him in a couple of leagues, but haven't quite pulled the trigger. In a couple of cases, I've missed out, by that's on me.

As for Mr. Phillips, I have a couple of thoughts.

For one thing, we need to consider who's manning the edges for the Eagles these days. RT Winston Justice isn't playing like the punchline he became a while back thanks to the Giants. He's not Pro Bowl-caliber at this point, but he has improved, as has the guy who was playing on the opposite side yesterday....

Current LT Todd Herremans is no stranger to the position, having started several games in place of Tra Thomas a few seasons back. Even though he settled in at LG, he's always been viewed by the organization as a versatile player, someone who can capably man a couple different spots along the line. Considering the spotty player of Jason Peters since coming on board, having Herremans fill in is not necessarily a downgrade.

Another thing to consider is that the Eagles have actually done a pretty solid job in general of protecting the QB's. They gave up 9 in a two-game span against the Bucs and Raiders, but beyond that, they gave up 11 in the other six games leading up to yesterday. I think 3 or 4 of those were to blitzing DB's, too.

To sum up, it's entirely possible that Phillips was suffering from an injury, but some credit also needs to go to the Line he was going up against. There's been a history of struggles against 3-4 fronts, but they did a good job of keeping McNabb on his feet yesterday.

Who do I go this week, London Fletcher (at DAL) or Mike Peterson (at NYG)?

Without knowing your scoring settings, it's hard to say.

My general rule of thumb is that MLB usually trumps WLB, but the recent stats say that Peterson gets the nod.

i can only play 3. what LB's should i play this week

DJ Williams

Beason

Mayo

Vilma

thanks

Durant may not play this week so I need a replacement. Who do you guys like better?

League Scoring: 1 point per tackle...1/2 point per tackle assist....3 points per sack....3 points per INT.

Jon Beason (Car): Always around the ball and Miami likes to run but am I trying to hard to have a dog in the fight on a Thursday game?

Paul Pozlusny (Buff): Another good matchup against a Jax team that is going to run all day long.

thanks in advance!

roto - WLB isn't the worst place to move, but it could hurt his solo tackle numbers. I have him in an IDP-heavy league, and am not ready to drop on the news, but I will pay a little more attention to tonight's production than usual.

tony - I have personal bias against Vilma, as he's disappointed me in multiple leagues this year. But I'd give him a roll this week along with Beason and DJ. Mayo looks to have a favorable matchup, too, but he's been a little too inconsistent for my taste lately.

Stunna - I have a Panther and three Dolphins going tonight, Thursdays don't bother me. Difficult call, but I'll go with Beason.

roto - WLB isn't the worst place to move, but it could hurt his solo tackle numbers. I have him in an IDP-heavy league, and am not ready to drop on the news, but I will pay a little more attention to tonight's production than usual.

tony - I have personal bias against Vilma, as he's disappointed me in multiple leagues this year. But I'd give him a roll this week along with Beason and DJ. Mayo looks to have a favorable matchup, too, but he's been a little too inconsistent for my taste lately.

Stunna - I have a Panther and three Dolphins going tonight, Thursdays don't bother me. Difficult call, but I'll go with Beason.

so all things being equal, you like Beason over Poz?

so all things being equal, you like Beason over Poz?

Yeah, Poz's ST numbers have been a little too up-and-down for me lately, although when they go up, they really go up. Carolina's much better against the pass stat-wise, and I think the Phins will be running a lot.

That, and Beason's solid 8 ST average over his last four may him a slightly better play, IMO.

1 point per solo, .5 for assist. 3 points per interception and sack.

Who do you like at DB:

Eric Weddle

Erik Coleman

Thanks, as always. Appreciate people taking the time to help others!