Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

Need 1 more starter...

Already planning on starting:

James Harrison @KC

David Hawthorne @MIN

Need one more from these:

Dansby @STL

Posluszny @JAC

Stunna - Geez, mang, why do you always have to give me hard choices? B) I like Weddle's matchup this week a lot. Simms can be a turnover dispenser, and I think the Broncs will try to run and avoid forcing him to win the game. Problem is, he hasn't been especially productive of late, and his last game against the Broncs was ho-hum. I'll go with the hot hand take Coleman.

Steve - I like Poz in this one. Dansby should clock in with his usual 6 ST's, whereas I think that's the floor for Poz.

Which 1 do i start alongside J. Harrison and C. Lofton.....

Ray Lewis vs IND

or

David Harris @ NE

Stunna - Geez, mang, why do you always have to give me hard choices? B) I like Weddle's matchup this week a lot. Simms can be a turnover dispenser, and I think the Broncs will try to run and avoid forcing him to win the game. Problem is, he hasn't been especially productive of late, and his last game against the Broncs was ho-hum. I'll go with the hot hand take Coleman.

Steve - I like Poz in this one. Dansby should clock in with his usual 6 ST's, whereas I think that's the floor for Poz.

Sorry, man....I can make the easy choices but tend to overanalyze when it comes to the tossups. Having another voice to listen to is sure helpful. Thanks to you and TMan as always for the help!

Sorry, man....I can make the easy choices but tend to overanalyze when it comes to the tossups. Having another voice to listen to is sure helpful. Thanks to you and TMan as always for the help!

I was kidding.....having an assortment of good options is always preferable to starting people out of desperation.

Good luck!

couple questions

i've got jay ratliff and osi. what do you think of ratliff this week? its a good matchup but he didnt do anything last week when i picked him up to start against GB's horrible o-line.

DB.....kerry rhodes or brandon meriweather? there are also some pretty good options available in FAs. leon hall and quintin mikell stand out. yahoo projects guys like bernard pollard, tanard jackson, bartell, cortland finnegan, chris hope, michael lewis pretty high this week. any of them better plays? im thinkin hall isnt a good play this week against OAK

im in a must win situation here

couple questions

i've got jay ratliff and osi. what do you think of ratliff this week? its a good matchup but he didnt do anything last week when i picked him up to start against GB's horrible o-line.

DB.....kerry rhodes or brandon meriweather? there are also some pretty good options available in FAs. leon hall and quintin mikell stand out. yahoo projects guys like bernard pollard, tanard jackson, bartell, cortland finnegan, chris hope, michael lewis pretty high this week. any of them better plays? im thinkin hall isnt a good play this week against OAK

im in a must win situation here

I'd probably roll with Ratliff. The Falcons have done a good job avoiding sacks, and Ratliff had a big game the last time he faced the Skins.

As for the DB's, Jackson's been playing out of his mind, and is the highest average scoring IDP in one of my leagues. I like him the most out of all the players you listed, with Mikell and Pollard coming in next.

so you would start tanard jackson over meriweather and rhodes? should i drop rhodes and start jackson? is he the real deal?

I'd probably roll with Ratliff. The Falcons have done a good job avoiding sacks, and Ratliff had a big game the last time he faced the Skins.

As for the DB's, Jackson's been playing out of his mind, and is the highest average scoring IDP in one of my leagues. I like him the most out of all the players you listed, with Mikell and Pollard coming in next.

Highest scoring DB per game in all of my league formats. Starting Brandon McGowan instead of Jackson nearly cost me a game against some Philly Cheesecake last week. :)

so you would start tanard jackson over meriweather and rhodes? should i drop rhodes and start jackson? is he the real deal?

Real thing, CLE? That is hard to say at this point.

I gave my brief thoughts on Tanard somewhere. Regardless I would say he's more of a real thing right now than Rhodes. Jackson has a good matchup today and solid schedule ahead and as Tim noted is locked in. Rhodes is expendable. Cash him in.

It is possible that TBs matchup tilts towards Ronde Barber. The NE matchup comes down to which Brandon will be more productive. I favor McGowan there, slightly. So that makes Tanard the start.

I'd like to tell you to take Osi. I think he will be fired up off the BYE, Sacks in consecutive weeks and the pass rush is about the only weapon the Giants D have left. Weakside DEs/Pass Rushers have had good success against ATL (tho Andre Carter was conspicuously lacking).

But WAS's o-line is in tatters. Play Ratliff.

In other words, listen to Tim. B)

Which 1 do i start alongside J. Harrison and C. Lofton.....

Ray Lewis vs IND

or

David Harris @ NE

Whips-

I'll make you a deal: I give you info and you decide how you feel about it. I'll give you my tout. But I advise you to use your own "feel"

Both have reasonable matchups.

Harris has the better matchup. Harris has never played particularly strongly against NE. But there is always, ALWAYS a first time.

Lewis has had good if not great games against Indy. He's at home in a must win for his team. I think he comes up big.

I would take Harris, simply because the numbers say it's time. But I had to throw "heart" into the equation. Either way, I think you'll fare well.

Whips-

I'll make you a deal: I give you info and you decide how you feel about it. I'll give you my tout. But I advise you to use your own "feel"

Both have reasonable matchups.

Harris has the better matchup. Harris has never played particularly strongly against NE. But there is always, ALWAYS a first time.

Lewis has had good if not great games against Indy. He's at home in a must win for his team. I think he comes up big.

I would take Harris, simply because the numbers say it's time. But I had to throw "heart" into the equation. Either way, I think you'll fare well.

Thanks man! always appreciate the honest advice.

Five games is too soon to call someone a "real deal", but I liked him coming out of college, and have followed him along his path.

I dropped London Fletcher, who was my bench depth, for him.

Five games is too soon to call someone a "real deal", but I liked him coming out of college, and have followed him along his path.

I dropped London Fletcher, who was my bench depth, for him.

And of course, after weeks of disappointment, Fletcher picks the weekend I drop him to go coocoo for Coco Puffs.

I dropped Fletcher too...luckily it was for David Harris...so it wasn't bad this week..now that someone's going to scoop up Fletcher how good is Harris' schedule going to be from here on out?

What do we think of Jared Allen? Seems he's been getting some extra attention and as almost a pure pass rusher, his numbers are only generated by obtaining sacks. Should I cut him loose for a DL that is going to accumulate some tackles for me (and therefore, some points)?

Wondering if I should stick with my players, or go for "favorable matchup" pickups. The players available are:

Shaun Phillips (vs KC): The Chiefs have yielded the 2nd most sacks in the league. Phillips has recently gotten in a sack high (6 in last 5 games), so with the Bolts most likely keeping the pass rush throttle on throughout the day, I think he could be good for 2 sacks, 1 FF, and 3-4 tackles.

Trent Cole (vs Skins): Pretty much the same reasoning as above, with the Skins allowing the 3rd most sacks in the league, and the Eagles' defense tied at 2nd in sacks. With Cole in good shape currently in 5th place in the league in sacks with 8.5, he could be in for a big day.

Lardarius Webb (vs Pitt): The pass-happy Steelers will certainly be airing it out in this matchup against the Ravens' defense that ranks 5th in rush yards allowed. With CB Washington out for Pitt, the talented rookie will try to make an impression.

Brandon McGowan (at Saints): Not that the matchup favors McGowan, but his talent and remaining schedule could be worth picking him up now.

The only player I feel I should start for sure this week is Lofton, but I am seriously considering benching Morrison. With Durant and Tanard Jackson also in my team, who could be worth dropping for who?

I appreciate your help.

Recurring questions with my defense, please help.

LB (pick one)

Mike Peterson (vs TB)

London Fletcher (at PHI)

Henderson and Durant are the other two starters.

DL (pick two)

Shaun Ellis (vs CAR)

Andre Carter (at PHI)

Alex Brown (at MIN)

Thanks!

DL is giving me fits. ratliff 1 pt last week........start osi? players available include randy starks, kampman, hali, ellis, avril, campbell, orakpo.

i started tanard jackson last week......not a great game but decent. what about mikell and pollard this week? landry, daughty, hall out there too.

roto - Harris' schedule looks pretty workable. I'll be starting him with confidence.

Stunna - Allen's big games are great, but at this point in the year, I like having known quantities as options. Dl's are tricky to project for tackles, but if there's someone you think would be a safer bet week-in week-out, I'd strongly consider it.

omard - I like Phillips' and Cole's matchups best, and McGowan could have a solid game. How does your scoring work?

Godsend - I'll take Peterson, Ellis and Carter

CLE - yeah, Ratliff didn't produce as hoped....Osi's an interesting play. I'd give Tanard another shot.

roto - Harris' schedule looks pretty workable. I'll be starting him with confidence.

Stunna - Allen's big games are great, but at this point in the year, I like having known quantities as options. Dl's are tricky to project for tackles, but if there's someone you think would be a safer bet week-in week-out, I'd strongly consider it.

omard - I like Phillips' and Cole's matchups best, and McGowan could have a solid game. How does your scoring work?

Godsend - I'll take Peterson, Ellis and Carter

CLE - yeah, Ratliff didn't produce as hoped....Osi's an interesting play. I'd give Tanard another shot.

Standard, I guess: 1/SOLO TKL, 4/SCK, 4/INT, 3/FF, 4/FR, 6/TD AND 5/SFTY... I already dropped Durant for Phillips, but I think I can get him back off the WW next week, if necessary. I just love Phillip's matchup this week and believe he will continue his hot streak vs. the Chiefs... I also played T.Jackson and Lofton over Morrison, and so far, at the Raiders' halftime, I think it was a good call with Cptn Kirk acruing a lone tackle.

Thx for the reply, Timmah.

Need a Little last minute help.

Will Smith vs Pats

Shaun Ellis vs Car-

brady

Smith

Ok, Playoffs start next week. I got a couple of questions for you guys...

I'm in a very deep League with a lot of IDPs: 16-team with 3 DLs, 3 LBs, 3 DBs + 1 Flex per team.

Right now my 3 DLs are: Andre Carter, Alex Brown and Shaun Ellis. Would you pick up Randy Starks and cut Brown?

And also, at DB I've got: Atogwe, McGowan and Kevin Payne. Should I cut him loose and try to pick up Jordan Babineaux? Darren Sharper is also available...

I need your help, thanks!