Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

looking for a DB

I have manning, and scott

Babineaux is doing a great job. I can only play one is he a better option than either i have presently?

Manning vs STL

Scott vs NYJ (nice thing about scott is that he is a LB but counts as a S)

Babineaux vs 49ers

Could use some help.

Scoring

T= 1.5 pts

A= .5 pt

Sack= 4pts

PD= 1.5

Int= 2.5

FF= 2

Eric Weddle is out for at least 2 weeks...any suggestions for his replacement for the rest of the season? Cortland Finnegan, Charles Tillman, Macho Harris (for his return yards), Dawan Landry and Eric Smith are available.

looking for a DB

I have manning, and scott

Babineaux is doing a great job. I can only play one is he a better option than either i have presently?

Manning vs STL

Scott vs NYJ (nice thing about scott is that he is a LB but counts as a S)

Babineaux vs 49ers

Could use some help.

Scoring

T= 1.5 pts

A= .5 pt

Sack= 4pts

PD= 1.5

Int= 2.5

FF= 2

I'd go with Scott. Scott should be in the middle of it all racking tackles up with Posluszny

Ok, Playoffs start next week. I got a couple of questions for you guys...

I'm in a very deep League with a lot of IDPs: 16-team with 3 DLs, 3 LBs, 3 DBs + 1 Flex per team.

Right now my 3 DLs are: Andre Carter, Alex Brown and Shaun Ellis. Would you pick up Randy Starks and cut Brown?

And also, at DB I've got: Atogwe, McGowan and Kevin Payne. Should I cut him loose and try to pick up Jordan Babineaux? Darren Sharper is also available...

I need your help, thanks!

I'd start Sharper over Payne. How can Sharper be a free agent in any IDP leagues? He's the #1 CB/S in my league

Godsend - I would make the Starks/Brown switch. I'd also like to know who the "him" is that you would be dropping from your DB's. I'm guessing it's McGowan. I would rank them going forward as: Babineaux, Bullitt, McGowan.

paderr - I like Scott's matchup the most. Manning's production has tailed off quite a bit lately, to the point where he's relying on return yards. I wouldn't drop him, but I would be leery of using him for the time being.

roto - I would stay away from Tillman with the concussion concern. Finnegan seems like the best choice among those you listed.

start David Harris @ BUF tonight? or....play R. Lewis @ GB and Lofton vs PHI?

of those 3...who should i bench?

start David Harris @ BUF tonight? or....play R. Lewis @ GB and Lofton vs PHI?

of those 3...who should i bench?

I'd probably bench Lofton vs. the Eagles. I expect the Eagles to throw often, even without #10, and I think his Solo Tackle number will be lower than usual. He had a Sack and forced a fumble against the Eagles the last time he faced them, but he only had three solos.

He hasn't produced any big play points since week 6, and since that's not something he's known for to begin with, you can't say he's due.

I just saw the blurb about Danieal Manning likely losing his starting safety position to Kevin Payne this week. So....not sure what to do. He has been pretty darn good for me this year as an IDP. Who do I replace him with?

Scoring:

Solo Tack - 2 points

Assist tack - 1 point

INT - 2 points

FF - 1 point

sack - 1 point

TD - 10 points

safety - 1 point

My options with their current point total in parenthesis.

Brian Dawkins (144), but he is ailing and missed practice and at KC this

Jordan Babineaux (140) vs. SF

Dashon Goldson (139) at Seattle

Dawan Landry (125) at GB

Bernard Pollard (110) At Jax

Mike Brown (116) against Denver

Any suggestions on what to do?

thanks

I just saw the blurb about Danieal Manning likely losing his starting safety position to Kevin Payne this week. So....not sure what to do. He has been pretty darn good for me this year as an IDP. Who do I replace him with?

Scoring:

Solo Tack - 2 points

Assist tack - 1 point

INT - 2 points

FF - 1 point

sack - 1 point

TD - 10 points

safety - 1 point

My options with their current point total in parenthesis.

Brian Dawkins (144), but he is ailing and missed practice and at KC this

Jordan Babineaux (140) vs. SF

Dashon Goldson (139) at Seattle

Dawan Landry (125) at GB

Bernard Pollard (110) At Jax

Mike Brown (116) against Denver

Any suggestions on what to do?

thanks

Both Dawkins and Goldson have good matchups. Let's pick the healthier option and go Goldson.

The news about Manning caught me off guard. I'm benching Manning this week in Favor of Roman Harper and taking a wait and see approach with Manning

Unfortunately this week I stayed with McGowan, and he sucked again. For next week, who would you rather have:

Melvin Bullitt (vs DEN)

Jonathan Babineaux (at HOU)

or again, McGowan (vs CAR)

?

My other two DBs are Atogwe (I'll be waiting news on his injury, hope it is not anything serious) and Kevin Payne. You think he'll start again next Sunday againts the Packers? Is he a good option?

Unfortunately this week I stayed with McGowan, and he sucked again. For next week, who would you rather have:

Melvin Bullitt (vs DEN)

Jonathan Babineaux (at HOU)

or again, McGowan (vs CAR)

?

My other two DBs are Atogwe (I'll be waiting news on his injury, hope it is not anything serious) and Kevin Payne. You think he'll start again next Sunday againts the Packers? Is he a good option?

GS-

I want to make sure you are talking JORDAN Babineaux.

Even though you have the right opponent for SEA listed I want to make sure you saw Jordan available cus Jon won't help.

At this point after excelling in a poor matchup yesterday I'd have to say Jordan Babineaux has it going on right now. AND he has a very nifty matchup next week.

GS-

I want to make sure you are talking JORDAN Babineaux.

Even though you have the right opponent for SEA listed I want to make sure you saw Jordan available cus Jon won't help.

At this point after excelling in a poor matchup yesterday I'd have to say Jordan Babineaux has it going on right now. AND he has a very nifty matchup next week.

Yeah, might bad, of course I was talking about Jordan! I just red that Atogwe may be out for the season, so I'm gonna get Babineaux for him.

And, the other issue: who would you rather start between McGowan, Payne and Bullitt?

looks like i lost ej henderson B)

briggs is hurt too.....so i went from having 4 good LBs to 2. lofton and james harrison are my starters at LB........now i need to figure out who i want to play at D for the playoffs. thinking of tryin to pick up bernard pollard. theres not much available in terms of LBs and there are some good DBs available. as far as LBs foote, dhani jones, barnett, quincy black, brackett, sims, wimbley are available. any other possible suggestions that might be available ?

DBs

B. Pollard

Q. Mikell

A. Winfield

R. Daughty

L. Hall

B. Scott

D. Landry

D. Revis

C. Finnegan

my DBs right now are yeremiah bell and tanard jackson

Hey,

I've been an IDP league commissioner for 5 years now. I've had my league on fleaflicker.com, fanball.com, and Myfantasyleague.com.

Fleaflicker was ok but its a pretty basic and boring site.

Fanball.com was a good site until they came under new ownership, and the site consistantly became full of bugs when they did "upgrades".(also the drafts were veeeeeeeeeeery shaky)

Myfantsyleague.com is my favorite of these 3 sites to work with but the guys in my league aren't thrilled with it and would rather move again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

Is anyone using ESPN.com for an IDP league?

I really need help for my DBs situation for Sunday.

Kevin Payne (vs GB) - is he keeping his starting job or what? Is he a good option?

Brandon McGowan (vs CAR)

Jordan Babineaux (at HOU)

Which 2 do I start?

Godsend - my opinion on your guys hasn't really changed in the last week. I prefer Babineaux over Bullitt, and considering the shakiness of Payne's status, I'd go with the more known commodity.

CLE - I picked up Wimbley on my team that also lost EJ. He has consecutive matchups against generous Sack offenses coming up; PIT, KC and JAX are ranked 10, 2 and 5 in terms of most sacks allowed.

GPG - I've used Yahoo for IDP's since I began doing that format in '02. The biggest knock on them was always two-fold: horrible IDP rankings and only two position designations for all players - DB and DL. They haven't corrected the ranking system they use, but they have expanded the position designations, making their site much more flexible when setting up position-specific lineup requirements.

Hey,

I've been an IDP league commissioner for 5 years now. I've had my league on fleaflicker.com, fanball.com, and Myfantasyleague.com.

Fleaflicker was ok but its a pretty basic and boring site.

Fanball.com was a good site until they came under new ownership, and the site consistantly became full of bugs when they did "upgrades".(also the drafts were veeeeeeeeeeery shaky)

Myfantsyleague.com is my favorite of these 3 sites to work with but the guys in my league aren't thrilled with it and would rather move again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

Is anyone using ESPN.com for an IDP league?

When we moved from Fanball to MFL some didn't like it. After they got used to it no more complaints. In our third year I think everyone is fine with MFL.

Is Hawthorne still a good play? I don't like his matchup against HOU that well.

What do you guys think? And does anyone have a place that ranks IDPs each week? My league just has 1 IDP, doesn't matter the position.

Which of these 4 LBs would you guys start this week?

Durant vs MIA

Dansby @ SF

D. Ware vs SD

Ryans vs SEA

I'm leaning towards the first 2.

TIA.

Is Hawthorne still a good play? I don't like his matchup against HOU that well.

What do you guys think? And does anyone have a place that ranks IDPs each week? My league just has 1 IDP, doesn't matter the position.

Typically, HOU isn't a great offense to gameplan against, especially trickier now with Brown and a cast of thousands running the ball.

But the MLB has a 5-6 ST base Hawthorne has those great penetration skills. I think he will have a usable game.

Which of these 4 LBs would you guys start this week?

Durant vs MIA

Dansby @ SF

D. Ware vs SD

Ryans vs SEA

I'm leaning towards the first 2.

TIA.

Need your scoring in order to determine if Ware is a better play. Weakside Pass Rusher has had some success against San Diego (although no one has had much success against that line the last few weeks).

Need your scoring in order to determine if Ware is a better play. Weakside Pass Rusher has had some success against San Diego (although no one has had much success against that line the last few weeks).

Tackle solo: 1

Tackle assist: .5

Sack: 3

Int: 3

FF: 3

FRec: 2

DEFTD: 6

SAFE: 4

PD: 2

BK: 2