Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

Need some advice. First time playing with an IDP, and we only have one per team. Am I better off with one of the stud LBers, or do return guys like Leodis have more value? Also, since it's a 10-team league, should I just stream someone each week, or is there not much variance between the top guys? I drafted James Harrison but guys like Leodis, Ruud, EJ, and Ryans are all FA's. Rotoworld and Yahoo are both high on Ruud this week, should i drop Harrison for him?? Thanks.
It would help to know the league settings.

Solo Tackle 1

Assist 0.5

Sack 2

Int 3

Forced Fumble 2

Recovered Fumble 2

TD 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block kick 2

Return yds 1 for every 25

Return TD 6

Thanks again for any help.

i need a D-linemen this week fellas...

Gaines Adams vs DAL

Elvis Dumervil @ CIN

Darryl Tapp/Pat Kerney vs STL

Scoring:

1pt tackle/ .5 assist

3pts per sack/ 1.5pts half sack

Is he? Everything I've read says he's good to go.

Me too - and still cant decide on EJ Henderson or Lofton - help anyone?

I don't really know IDPs well, and waited for them in my draft, so curious what you guys think. Admittingly I filled my entire offense, but even an IDP moron I think I still did well in filling them out...

DL - Orakpo

DL - Schobel

LB - Kirk Morrison

LB - Poluszny

LB - Lofa

DB - Yeremiah

DB - Adrian Wilson

BN - Burgess

BN - Michael Lewis

BN - Calvin Pace

It's a 16 team league, and here is the scoring format...

ATK - Assisted Tackles (ID only) .5 points

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

DFRTD - Defensive Fumble Recovery TD (ID/DT/DST) 6 points

DFTD - Defensive TD 6 points

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

FF - Forced Fumble 2 points

Int - Interceptions 3 points

IntTD - Interception TD 6 points

KRTD - Kick Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

PDef - Pass Defensed (ID only) .5 points

PRTD - Punt Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

SACK - Sack 3 points

STY - Safety 2 points

TK - Tackle (ID/DT/DST) 1 point

dukenole - I prefer consistent performers over boom-or-bust types, especially in a league of your size. Keeping an eye on guys like McKelvin is never a bad idea, especially when the Bye Monster attacks. Harrison can't match Ruud's tackle numbers, but that's about all Barrett has on him. I'd stay put, tonight notwithstanding.

stevemann - I'll take Tapp...he's generally performed well against the Rams, and Bulger's still got some pain in the pinky. He's the most productive tackler of the group, and can still be helpful if the Rams try to keep it on the ground.

peewee - without knowing your settings I'd have to guess, and for as much as I look forward to being an EJ owner this year, I'm going with Lofton in this one. He's going to be out there for three downs this year, and could really take off.

MT - it looks like a nice group, but there are some questions. Will Orakpo produce out of the gate, will the move to NE revive Burgess' career, and can Schobel dial up another '06 (or at least an '07)? Will Lofa fully rebound (I think he will), can Poz continue to evolve as a playmaker, and will the circus act that is the Raiders just leave Kirk alone and let him fall on people in peace? Pace should be solid upon his return; and the secondary is strong. You have a lot of upside, and that could mean a lot in a league that size.

Just changed my IDP lineup for the week:

Tuck, Meriweather, E.J. Henderson, Leonhard, and A. Cromartie into Tuck, Mikell, D.J. Williams, Horton, and L. Hall.

Can't decide between Merriman and Durant. What do you guys think?

League Settings:

Solo Tackle 1

Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 4

Force Fumble 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Def TD 6

Safety 2

Pass Def 1

Block Kick 3

Do I start Josh Wilson or Michael Lewis at DB? Return yards DO NOT count.

Tackles=1 point

Assisted Tackles=0.5 points

Sacks=4 points

Interceptions=4 points

Forced Fumbles=2 points

Fumble Recoveries=2 points

Pass Defended=1 point

Touchdowns=6 points

Safeties=2 points

By the way, Michael Lewis is playing Arizona and was banged up with a concussion recently in the preseason. I don't know if that should be a deciding factor in whether to start him. Wilson is facing St Louis. Lewis is a safety and Wilson is a corner also.

By the way, Michael Lewis is playing Arizona and was banged up with a concussion recently in the preseason. I don't know if that should be a deciding factor in whether to start him. Wilson is facing St Louis. Lewis is a safety and Wilson is a corner also.

Neither matchup is flat out favorable over the other based on last year's breakdowns.

So, if we just look at last season and how it played out Wilson had better games vs. STL than Lewis did against ARI. Sometimes that's all we can go by this early in the season. Fold in Lewis's concussion, and sure, go with JW.

Can't decide between Merriman and Durant. What do you guys think?

Both have nifty matchups. We don't really know "where" Merriman is right now, condition-wise. So take Durant.

Me too - and still cant decide on EJ Henderson or Lofton - help anyone?

You could always go both. (Inside joke.)

Agree with Tim: I love Lofton's matchup this week.

Being that fantasy football is my weakest fantasy sport and the lack of emphasis of IDP knowledge, I came here to ask you guys for advice on my lineup.

16-team dynasty - 9 IDP (3 DB, LB and flex D a piece)

1 tackle, 0.5 assist, 3 sack, 4 INT, Fumble Force 3, Fumble recovery 2, TD 7, 5 safety, 3 PD, 5 blocked kicks, 1 per 25 yd return

LBs - Shawne Merriman, Freddy Keiaho, DeMeco Ryans, Wil Witherspoon

DBs - Michael Lewis, Jim Leonhard, Chris Harris

DLs - Patrick Kerney, John Abraham

I don't really even know what to look for when picking up guys... B)

At LB Ryans should be in store for a great year. Like him a lot.

Coming off his most disappointing season we can only hope Witherspoon may be reborn moving back to the Weakside and having young blood in the Middle in James Lauranaitis.

Merriman, well we have to see where he is- and I'm talking about as in "condition" here, not as in "where is his head at". We all have a pretty good idea as to that location. (Let that be a lesson to you kids: Don't let the little head do the thinking for the big head.)

You need to replace Freddie.

Lewis is solid.

Harris is a dependable sort, except starting the year playing through a knee injury is never anybody's plan.

That Leonhard is starting at SS is still a surprise to me. He's also on Punt Return duties and his RetAvg in limited duty isn't bad. But really, I have NO feel for him.

You are fine at DL.

Did Curtis Lofton slip through the cracks in your league?

Please rank these LB's listed below, based on the following scoring system:

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist .5

Sack 2

Interception 2

Fumble Recovery .5

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Block Kick 2

Demeco Ryans

DJ Williams

Karlos Dansby

Kirk Morrison

EJ Henderson

London Fletcher

Fletcher, Henderson, Dansby, Morrison, Ryans, Williams.

Volatile situation in OAK bumps Morrison down the list. If the possibility of reassignment to SLB in Jim Marshall's Defense has lit a fire underneath his arse we might see a reinvigorated Morrison, one who revs his engine back up to '07 RPMs. He set a career high in tackles a year ago, BUT more were further downfield and he played the pass with less fire.

I didn't forget about you guys! - I'll be back providing some insight this week but first I need some opinions.

Team is in my sig and I suffered a week one loss...

Looking to stack up on IDP - The following guys are available.

Standard IDP scoring - Also include Punt/Kick Return Yards - Turnovers all worth 3pts

- Thomas Davis (Car - LB)

- Curtis Lofton (Atl - LB)

- Kroy Biermann (Atl - LB,DE)

- David Harris (NYJ - LB)

- Al Harris (GB - CB)

- Danieal Manning (Chi - S)

- E.J. Henderson (Min - LB)

hey guys,

I lost Urlacher for the season. I start 3 LB's and my scoring system is in my sig. My other LB's are D. Ware, C. Lofton, Derrick Johnson, J. Laurinitis

guys on the wire.....J. Durant, O. Gaither, W. Witherspoon, K. Brooking, M. Peterson, Akeem Jordan, Andra Davis, L. Timmons, Foote, K. Fox and any sleepers you can recommend

I need to add at least 1 LB to replace Urlacher. What is going on with D. Johnson? Do I need to replace him too?

what do you guys think?

hey guys,

I lost Urlacher for the season. I start 3 LB's and my scoring system is in my sig. My other LB's are D. Ware, C. Lofton, Derrick Johnson, J. Laurinitis

guys on the wire.....J. Durant, O. Gaither, W. Witherspoon, K. Brooking, M. Peterson, Akeem Jordan, Andra Davis, L. Timmons, Foote, K. Fox and any sleepers you can recommend

I need to add at least 1 LB to replace Urlacher. What is going on with D. Johnson? Do I need to replace him too?

what do you guys think?

I'm big on Durant this year....he set a new career high yesterday with 10 solos.

Foote could also be very helpful, he got off to a good start, himself.

hey guys,

what do you guys think?

I think Tim will agree: Grab Durant.

I also like Akeem Jordan long term of those listed. I have no idea what is going on in KC.

REMEMBER-

This is the INFO, Analysis and Rap Thread.

It says IDP Questions 2009 - Doesn't that mean ask questions here....

The first post is an IDP question...shouldn't we be following suit!

---------------------------------------------

Standard IDP scoring - Also include Punt/Kick Return Yards - Turnovers all worth 3pts

- Al Harris (GB - CB)

Should I drop someone for anyone...?

I moved GPG's post here, very shortly after TiMan replied. His response was perfectly appropriate.

- Al Harris (GB - CB)

What would "Ask Biggz" say? B)

I own Davis, Harris, Manning and Henderson in my various leagues, among others (obviously). I perosnally prefer Davis, Harris and Henderson to Farrior and Briggs, but that may be personal preference.

Kinda hard to go wrong in a league that size, though....there should generally be viable options, week in, week out.

Ask Biggz would say the real choice is between Michael Griffin and Daniel Manning - The P/K Return points make Manning very valuable unless you think Hester is still a threat. - Thanks for the heads up though! - I'll probably run with Davis & Henderson...

- Al Harris (GB - CB)

I cut and pasted my response to GPG's question from the other Forum and forgot to edit that part out. Knowing me as you do I would have thought you could have figured that out, you goofball. Maybe Tim can use his godlike Mod powers to excise those lines as to not confuse any other forum members. (I once asked him to use his Modlike god powers to make me immortal but he said it didn't work like that- all he could do was artificially inflate my post count or something. I still think he's bsing me.)

I'd rather have Henderson, D. Harris, Lofton and Davis in that order (though Harris is more valuable in Sack and peripheral leagues- to me anyway) over Farrior. In fact I do have them over Farrior in several leagues.

He's a solid LB but the others should be more consistent. Briggs is also really inconsistent but has more upside. Still, Lance disappointed in over half his games last season.

Ask Biggz would say the real choice is between Michael Griffin and Daniel Manning - The P/K Return points make Manning very valuable unless you think Hester is still a threat. - Thanks for the heads up though! - I'll probably run with Davis & Henderson...

Well, in your initial post you mentioned "Standard IDP scoring".

Well, since IDP took off 3 years ago, the Standard by which I played for over a decade might not be yours:

1 ST

3 FF

3 FR

3 INT

4 Sack

1 pt per 25YD Ret.

That was the basic scoring.

Manning will not lose the KO Return gig as long as he is healthy, not even to Hester. Trust me. If memory serves- and it does- he's your type of player. Go ahead and replace Griffs with Manning.

Michael Griffin is a stud Free Safety who followed up a very impressive '08 by picking up where he left off. He averaged about 5 tackles per game last year, to go along with the 7 picks and 11 PD's last year.

Danieal Manning is going to rely on KR points when he doesn't pick up stealth big play points like yesterday's sack. He had 1 pick, and 4 PD's last year - hardly numbers to rely on. Where you get your points is from the ~4 returns he'll get per game. Since you didn't mention the scoring interval for those, I'm going to presume they're in the 25 yds/pt range, which means he'll get 4 points/wk, and hoping for the extras to kick in.

I'd run with Griffin over Manning pretty much every time.

EDIT: I see TiMan took a different approach.....that's cool - Griffin is MY kinda player B)