Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

ok so here are my IDPS and KR/PR do count

I have

B Witherspoon

C Carr

E Hobbs

J Tuck

R Mathis

should I drop Hobbs and go with J. Laurinitis ?

ok so here are my IDPS and KR/PR do count

I have

B Witherspoon

C Carr

E Hobbs

J Tuck

R Mathis

should I drop Hobbs and go with J. Laurinitis ?

Hobbs saw a touch more of the field than I originally anticipated, and I have a feeling that his and Carr's number of chances may be mitigated by the strength of their defenses......you don't get too many kickoff returns when your defense isn't giving up many scores.

I think Laurinaitis is going to get a lot of work this year, and would be a strong pickup.

Hi,

I currently have my eyes on the following LB's: Justin Durant, James Laurenitis, & D'Qwell Jackson. Would it be wise to drop Shawne Merriman (or any of the other LB's in my signature) for one of these players?

The scoring format is as follows:

ST = 1, AST= 0.5, Sack = 2.5, INT = 2.5, FF = 1.5, PD = 1

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys, who which 2 would you rather have?

Brian Dawkins

Adrian Wilson

Leodis McKelvin

2 points for every 3 total tackels

2 points per pass deflection

3 points per INT

2 points per sack

Thanks for the help!!!

Jon Beason or Stephan Cooper:

2 points per solo, 1 per assist, 10 per TD, 2 per INT, 1 per FF.

I am actually leaning towards Cooper, currently have Beason. I think Beasons overall tackles will take a hit, Cooper seems in line to increase his solo's.

What do the experts say?

thanks in advance

Hi,

I currently have my eyes on the following LB's: Justin Durant, James Laurenitis, & D'Qwell Jackson.

Would it be wise to drop Shawne Merriman (or any of the other LB's in my signature) for one of these players?

Thanks for any help.

I think Merriman still has significant value - His name is so big that if you attach that to a trade for an offensive player you may be able to get a bit more than if you attached a less recognizable name. I say run with your defense the way it is for now - You have a solid group back there and if McKelvin starts putting up numbers like last year your defense could be the best in your league.

Brian Dawkins

Adrian Wilson

Leodis McKelvin

3 points per INT

2 points per sack

Thanks for the help!!!

McKelvin & Dawkins - Wilson is solid but I think Dawks is on a mission.

I am actually leaning towards Cooper, currently have Beason. I think Beasons overall tackles will take a hit, Cooper seems in line to increase his solo's.

What do the experts say?

thanks in advance

Cooper looks realllll good - I would scoop him up over Beason in a second.

Hi,

I currently have my eyes on the following LB's: Justin Durant, James Laurenitis, & D'Qwell Jackson. Would it be wise to drop Shawne Merriman (or any of the other LB's in my signature) for one of these players?

Thanks for any help.

Hell yeah. Screw name value. Jackson should be a consistent and valuable scorer in that format. Laurinaitis, while a capable tackler, is still untested at the NFL level. He's not an athlete on a Patrick Willis level. He's an extremely good tackler in a good situation.

I'd take Jackson over Durant.

What do the experts say?

thanks in advance

Beason's numbers may come down a tad. There is a possibility his lack of flat out speed may hurt him in Meek's scheme (meanwhile TD should flourish, tho I don't think 14 ST a game is going to happen). He was slowed this past week and remains hobbled by an MCL sprain. He will be fine, but when will he be 100%?

It's hard to trust Cooper. Draft stock went down because of roid possession. Last year he was stunned to learn Ephedra was on the banned list. (Hey- He was in college at the time, can't blame him for not getting the memo, right?) Cooper is a stud when on the field but he's a very difficult cat to trust.

Both are quality pass defenders. Beason will be asked to do more in that role this season. But you show no PD points and your INT scoring is very low.

I'll tell you this: I could not bring MYSELF to drop Beason for Cooper if the swap was available in my league.

Brian Dawkins

Adrian Wilson

Leodis McKelvin

3 points per INT

2 points per sack

Thanks for the help!!!

Return yards? I can't remember.

It's so hard to bet on McKelvin right now but in your format he should score the highest because of the PD numbers and he will be picked on.

Normally I'd advocate going with the vets, especially two the caliber of Dawkins and Wilson. But that's real low Tackle pointage. I think Biggz has a point about the chip on Dawkins shoulder.

Go Leodis and Brian, if you can handle an occasional zero from McKelvin (which won't happen if your league allows for RET Yardage).

ok these DB are not available

Winfield

Manning- I have Manning

Gamble

Wilson, A

Wright

Weddle

Wilson, G

Atogwe

Griffen, C

Reed

Finnegan

Coleman

Merriweather

Any thoughts on who I should pick up. We get points for tackles, PD, Ints, Return TD not return yards. I have Dan Manning, I really like him this weekend against the steelers.

ok these DB are not available

Winfield

Manning- I have Manning

Gamble

Wilson, A

Wright

Weddle

Wilson, G

Atogwe

Griffen, C

Reed

Finnegan

Coleman

Merriweather

Any thoughts on who I should pick up. We get points for tackles, PD, Ints, Return TD not return yards. I have Dan Manning, I really like him this weekend against the steelers.

I can't tell you whom to pick up, when I have no idea who is available. Also, how do the points break down? I've seen PD's (for example) be worth anywhere from 1-3 points each.

Also, check out my post in the IDP Watch thread.....Manning has a sore back, and the last blurb I saw on him said he may not be available for Sunday.

Who should I pick up from this bunch (we count return yards)

Chris Carr

Laurentitis

are available and I might need a replacement for Manning this Sunday

Who should I pick up from this bunch (we count return yards)

Chris Carr

Laurentitis

are available and I might need a replacement for Manning this Sunday

I prefer Laurinaitis.

Even if the Skins are running Portis less, they play fairly conservatively, keeping play closer to the LOS, and in Laurinaitis' territory.

Chris Gamble or Tyvon Branch? I currently own Gamble, but Branch has alot of upside and could have a good week vs KC

It would help to know your league's scoring.

I would expect Gamble to draw White in coverage, which will get him some attention. Conversely, Branch should get some tackle points, provided the Chefs don't fall behind early.

Tricky one.....if you get 1 pt per tackle, then I think you go with the upside/opportunity Branch offers, if it's less, and you get more than 1 pt/PD, then I think Gamble is the play.

is curtis lofton an every week starter?

i need to start 3 of these LBs out of james harrison, ej henderson, briggs, and lofton. who sits?

is curtis lofton an every week starter?

i need to start 3 of these LBs out of james harrison, ej henderson, briggs, and lofton. who sits?

That's quite the group to choose from. If the format is tackle heavy, I'd be starting EJ, Harrison and Lofton. If the league is less tackle heavy and rewards more for big plays, I'd be playing Harrison, EJ and Lofton, so yes Lofton is an every week starter...I like Briggs but not as much as the other 3 you have...

Good problem to have....I might look to move one of them, honestly....

M

Chris Gamble or Tyvon Branch? I currently own Gamble, but Branch has alot of upside and could have a good week vs KC

I'm a big fan of Branch...I'd be going with him. SS in Oakland's system is extremely active and productive...

M

do you know if will blackmon will be playing and if he will be returning kicks this week? thanks

Need a couple starters:

Pick one:

Curtis Lofton vs CAR

Barrett Ruud @ BUF

Pick one:

Chris Horton vs STL

Abram Elam @ DEN

Thanks guys....i need a LB and a DB this week, what do you think?

Need a couple starters:

Pick one:

Curtis Lofton vs CAR

Barrett Ruud @ BUF

Pick one:

Chris Horton vs STL

Abram Elam @ DEN

Thanks guys....i need a LB and a DB this week, what do you think?

I've got Ruud as my #3 LB this week and Lofton at #6. I think either are a fine option this week but I'd go with Ruud...

DBs, I'd go Horton vs. St. Louis...I like the upside for tackles and turnovers against the Rams...

M

I've got Ruud as my #3 LB this week and Lofton at #6. I think either are a fine option this week but I'd go with Ruud...

DBs, I'd go Horton vs. St. Louis...I like the upside for tackles and turnovers against the Rams...

M

much appreciated man....

How about my other league?

Start 3 IDP....no position requirements

So far i am starting:

James Harrison @ CHI

Karlos Dansby @ JAC

I have Shawn Merriman, but im going to drop him for a spot starter....here are my FA options this week:

LB Justin Durant vs ARI( Warner unable to hit Fitz deep, more checkdowns to Hightower?)

LB Ernie Sims vs MINN(Minny running all over the Lions?)

LB Thomas Howard @ KC(no threat of covering Gonzo, could lead to more playmaking?)

S Gibril Wilson or Yeremiah Bell vs IND(like both guys, but trying to pick who will have the better #'s is a headache)

S Oshiomogho Atogwe @ WAS( Rams weak D-line, more tackles in the box for hard-hitting Saftey?)

thanks again...

League scoring: 1 pt/tackle, .5 pt/assist, 3 pt/int, 3 pt/fumble

We start a DB (Quentin Jammer), DL (Trent Cole), LB (Kirk Morrison). I was a bit disappointed in Jammer and Morrison.

Top scoring DB's available based on Week 1 total:

Anthony Henry

Delmas

D. Manning

Finnegan

A. Ebram

D. Barber

Al Harris

M. Brown

C. Griffin

D. Hall

Dawkins

Hope

T. Branch

Newman

Cox

Leggett

Top LB's available based on Week 1 scoring:

Cooper

T. Davis

L. Fletcher

Laurinaitis

S. Tolluch

Biermann

Lofton

D. Harris

Peterson

Durant

A. Jordan

Chillar

E. Henderson

A. Davis

Banta-Cain

K. Fox

Brackett

Foote

Should I stick with what I have, or do you guys see some better options for this week? I'm not emotionally vested in any of these guys as I typically rotate on a weekly basis anyhow. Thanks in advance for all advice/opinions.

much appreciated man....

How about my other league?

Start 3 IDP....no position requirements

So far i am starting:

James Harrison @ CHI

Karlos Dansby @ JAC

LB Thomas Howard @ KC(no threat of covering Gonzo, could lead to more playmaking?)

S Gibril Wilson or Yeremiah Bell vs IND(like both guys, but trying to pick who will have the better #'s is a headache)

S Oshiomogho Atogwe @ WAS( Rams weak D-line, more tackles in the box for hard-hitting Saftey?)

thanks again...

So you can only start 1 after Harrison/Dansby?

I'd stick with Howard against the Chiefs. He's stepping up his play while Morrison is hurt and looks to be making plays....

M

League scoring: 1 pt/tackle, .5 pt/assist, 3 pt/int, 3 pt/fumble

We start a DB (Quentin Jammer), DL (Trent Cole), LB (Kirk Morrison). I was a bit disappointed in Jammer and Morrison.

Top scoring DB's available based on Week 1 total:

Anthony Henry

Delmas

D. Manning

Finnegan

A. Ebram

D. Barber

Al Harris

M. Brown

C. Griffin

D. Hall

Dawkins

Hope

T. Branch

Newman

Cox

Leggett

Top LB's available based on Week 1 scoring:

Cooper

T. Davis

L. Fletcher

Laurinaitis

S. Tolluch

Biermann

Lofton

D. Harris

Peterson

Durant

A. Jordan

Chillar

E. Henderson

A. Davis

Banta-Cain

K. Fox

Brackett

Foote

Should I stick with what I have, or do you guys see some better options for this week? I'm not emotionally vested in any of these guys as I typically rotate on a weekly basis anyhow. Thanks in advance for all advice/opinions.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Jammer....he's a decent corner in real-life football. I'd drop Jammer for either Delmas or Branch. Delmas is filling in for Bullocks and last season, Bullocks had a great season as the SS in Detroit. Branch is also playing SS in the Oakland system where Gibril Wilson flourished. Either one of those guys, I'd rather have than Jammer.

If E. Henderson is EJ Henderson, I have no problem dropping Morrison for him. I loved EJ coming into the season and had him projected as a top 10 LB and I targeted him in everyone of my IDP leagues.

M