Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

Whos the Best DB of these to start this week...Standard Scoring IDP (1 pt for Tack, 2 for Sack/ INT/ FRec etc)

Chris Gamble @ DAL

Charles Woodson @ STL

Sabby Piscitelli vs NYG

Danieal Manning @ SEA

Anthony Henry vs WAS

Quintin Mikell vs KC

Bryan Scott vs NO

also available Abram Elam, Tyvon Branch, Charles Godfrey, Terrence Newman

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

How many can you start? If one, I'd probably go with Bryan Scott against the pass happy Saints. He's already had a 2 solid weeks and I think he has another one this week...

If you start 2, I'd probably go with Mikell and Scott.....Woodson has gotten off to a nice start but the INTs and pick six's can't be counted on on a weekly basis, although he does have another decent mathup this week...

Starting one: Scott

Starting two: Mikell/Scott

:twocents:

M

It's so hard to find IDP advice, this looks like a great resource.

1pt/Tackle 2pt/Sack 4pt/INT 4pt/FF

I need to start

1 CB between

Tyvon Branch vs DEN

2 S between

Louis Delmas vs WSH

Sabby Piscitelli vs NYG

2 LB between

Stephen Cooper vs MIA

James Laurinaitis vs GB

1 DE between

Robert Mathis vs ARI

1 DT between

Darnell Docket vs IND

Thanks for any help, good luck out there this week.

My choices in bold. As far as your LBs go, you've got solid options and either of them would make great plays this week. As long as Coop is able to go, he's a must start and Laurinaitis is going to see plenty of tckle opps this weekend...

Good luck

M

Akeem Jordan has been a nice play so far this year. He is ranked as the #1 LB in my league since it doesn't count tackles normally (2points per 3tackles). Would any of you start him over D'Qwell Jackson? Jordan is facing KC, and Jackson is facing BAL.

In my earlier post, I decided to start Sabby over Curtis Lofton this weekend.

2points per pass defelection, and forced fumble/fumble recovered. 3 points per sack and interception.

thanks!

Akeem Jordan has been a nice play so far this year. He is ranked as the #1 LB in my league since it doesn't count tackles normally (2points per 3tackles). Would any of you start him over D'Qwell Jackson? Jordan is facing KC, and Jackson is facing BAL.

2points per pass defelection, and forced fumble/fumble recovered. 3 points per sack and interception.

thanks!

Jackson looked good last week, and may be coming into his own at WLB position. Considering your scoring, I'd give him a roll.

Alright folks, I'm out for most of the weekend.....good luck!

1 pt per tackle, 4 pts per sack, 2 pts per FF or FR, 1 pt per PD

Need a fill-in for Tuck, here are some options on the wire:

Kiwi @ TB

Ray Edwards v SF

Ogunleye @ SEA

Chris Long v GB

Greg Ellis v DEN

I'd go with Ogunleye....I like the matchup against Seattle and Seneca Wallace....

M

thanks!

Jordan has lived up to his sleeper potential but I like Jackson's matchup against the Ravens. Browns have a porous run D and Jackson could be seeing a lot of McGahee and Rice on Sunday....

I'd still start D'Qwell....

M

need a backup plan for merriweather if he doesnt play.........2 pts solo tack, 1 pt assist, 3 pts sack, 3 pts INT, 2 pts FF, 2 pts FR, 1 pt PD

Donte Whitner (Buf- S) NO

Sabby Piscitelli (TB- S) NYG

Bryan Scott(Buf - S) NO

Quintin Mikell(Phi - S) KC

Chris Horton(Was - S) @Det

Abram Elam(Cle - S) @Bal

Roy Williams(Cin - S) Pit

Nick Harper(Ten - CB) @NYJ

Tyvon Branch(Oak - CB) Den

Dawan Landry(Bal - S) Cle

Antoine Bethea(Ind - S) @Ari

Charles Godfrey(Car - S) @Dal

Marquand Manuel(Det - S) P Was

Chris Hope(Ten - S) @NYJ

Terence Newman(Dal - CB) Car

Ken Hamlin(Dal - S) Car

Darren Sharper(NO - S) @Buf

Mike Brown(KC - S) @Phi

Jordan Babineaux(Sea - S)

Roman Harper(NO - S) P @Buf

Reggie Nelson(Jac - S) @Hou

Chris Johnson(Oak - CB) Den

Al Harris(GB - CB) @StL

Henderson is playing

Quick Q guys - Harris vs TEN or Vilma vs BUF?

I like vilma here, expect more tackles out of him than harris.

Who do you guys like for week 4? (1 point per solo tackle, 1 point pass defended, 3 points sack/fumble force, 4 points int/fumble rec)

DeMeco Ryans vs OAK

London Fletcher vs TB

Terrell Suggs @ NE

Who would you pick up between Kevin Burnett (SD) and Will Witherspoon (STL)? Scoring is: 1 pt per every tkl (solo and assisted), 1pt PD, 1pt forced fum, 2pts sack, int and fum rec.

Who do you guys like for week 4? (1 point per solo tackle, 1 point pass defended, 3 points sack/fumble force, 4 points int/fumble rec)

DeMeco Ryans vs OAK

London Fletcher vs TB

Terrell Suggs @ NE

Fletcher's been a straight up stud....you've got to keep playing him....

M

Who would you pick up between Kevin Burnett (SD) and Will Witherspoon (STL)? Scoring is: 1 pt per every tkl (solo and assisted), 1pt PD, 1pt forced fum, 2pts sack, int and fum rec.

I like Burnett's upside and has a decent matchup with the Steelers this week....I'd take a chance with Burnett over the name in Witherspoon...

2 cents

M

Thoughts on Kampman this week? @ MIN could be fired up going after Favre....also i think Favre has been sacked on average of 3 times a week so far.

Scoring:

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist .5

Sack 4

Interception 4

Fumble Force 3

Fumble Recovery 4

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 2

Nice start this week?

Kampman @ MIN......

Thanks

Yahoo is reporting that Leodis McKelvin will be out up to 6 weeks with a broken fibula. My league awards points for return yardage and I had drafted him fairly high expecting big things from him this season so I'm dissapointed to say the least. The following DB's are on the waiver wire, who should I pick up?

T= 1, AST=0.5, INT & Sack = 2.5, PD = 1

Donte Whitner

Chris Hope

Chris Horton

Darren Sharper

Quintin Mikell

Ronde Barber

Laron Landry

Anyone I should be keeping me eyes on that you think might be on the WW that I have not listed? Thanks!!

stevemann - Kampman has 10.5 sacks in 14 career starts against Minny, and while it's still hard to tell how he';s adjusting to the new position (and I don't have the numbers Minny has been allowing in front of me), I'd be willing to give him a roll this week.

Toy - Whitner's availability for this week is still up in there, so I'd keep him at the back of the list for now, and Mikell has his bye this weekend (that being said, he's a solid option).

None of the others are bad options per se, but I like Landry's chances to rack up some more tackles this weekend.

Straight Cash - I've never been a huge fan of Peppers for fantasy purposes, kinda like Freeney. What are your other options?

Straight Cash - I've never been a huge fan of Peppers for fantasy purposes, kinda like Freeney. What are your other options?

Replacements for him for this week could be:

McGee

Kelvin Hayden

John Joseph (I don't trust anyone with 2 first names)

Ryan Denney

Dom Barber

Toy - Whitner's availability for this week is still up in there, so I'd keep him at the back of the list for now, and Mikell has his bye this weekend (that being said, he's a solid option).

None of the others are bad options per se, but I like Landry's chances to rack up some more tackles this weekend.

Thanks Timmah!! What do you think of the rookie from Oakland Tyvon Branch? He is going up against Houston this week and I expect Schaub to look for both Walters & Johnson frequently. With Oaklands offense being as dreadful as they are, I suspect that the defense should see a lot of time on the field.

Would Landry be a better play than Tyvon Branch in my tackle heavy league? Thanks.

Thanks Timmah!! What do you think of the rookie from Oakland Tyvon Branch? He is going up against Houston this week and I expect Schaub to look for both Walters & Johnson frequently. With Oaklands offense being as dreadful as they are, I suspect that the defense should see a lot of time on the field.

Would Landry be a better play than Tyvon Branch in my tackle heavy league? Thanks.

I would still play Branch this week. He's a better play this week since he might be busy in coverage and stopping the run. Already at 25 total tackles I think he remains a must start...

M

My 10 team league uses just two IDP spots where you can start any position. Solo Tackle (1), Sack/Int (3), FF/FR (2), Safety (5), TD (6).

So, with only 20 total IDP starters, there is a lot of talent available. My current starters are:

DeMarcus Ware

David Harris

Some of the FA include:

Beason

Durant

Lofton

Would you make any change(s)?

EDIT: I noticed Beason and Lofton are on BYEs this week, but I'm asking for the rest of the season really.

any ideas on who to pick up that i can gain pts for return yards?

I have blackmon...

My 10 team league uses just two IDP spots where you can start any position. Solo Tackle (1), Sack/Int (3), FF/FR (2), Safety (5), TD (6).

So, with only 20 total IDP starters, there is a lot of talent available. My current starters are:

DeMarcus Ware

David Harris

Some of the FA include:

Beason

Durant

Lofton

Would you make any change(s)?

EDIT: I noticed Beason and Lofton are on BYEs this week, but I'm asking for the rest of the season really.

I think I would take Lofton and Beason both over D.Ware right now - They're using him as a DE it seems like this season and production is at an all time low.