Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

How would you rank the following IDPs for the rest of the year (standard scoring)?

David Harris

DJ Williams

Curtis Lofton

Pick one for this week (and possibly rest of season):

D Ware

Pozluski

Durant

standard scoring (1 solo, 0.5 asst, 3 sack, 3 Int, 2 FF, 2 FR)

D Ware

Pozluski

Durant

Durant and Poszluzny both have favorable schedules ahead in terms of running teams, and most of Ware's upcoming opponents have allowed 2-3 sacks per game; he has a three game stretch coming up with GB, WAS, and OAK, who have combined to allow 68 sacks this year already. He gets WAS again in week 16.

I give Durant a slight edge this week at TEN, but I think I'd give the remaining season tout to Ware. That being said, I think they'll all be productive earners here on out.

D Ware

Pozluski

Durant

Blamtucky has a usable 7 ST figure vs. HOU.

Durant has an okay matchup, but TEN favors MLB who are busy and I want to see an outing first.

Ware plays WLB like an RDE. SEA hasn't seen many quality passrushers and the one good RDE they saw, Robert Mathis, absolutely destroyed them. I know I'm starting Ware.

Ware plays WLB like an RDE. SEA hasn't seen many quality passrushers and the one good RDE they saw, Robert Mathis, absolutely destroyed them. I know I'm starting Ware.

Two words: Kyle Williams

Two more : practice squadder

Three more: starting left tackle

Almost a haiku even. B)

I was too late to pick up ware as someone got him right after I posted. Poz did pretty good as did Durant. D Harris is now on waivers but both he and poz have a bye this week. I will probably use Durant for wk 9 but need only 1 for the rest of the season. Rank the following:

Pozluzky

Durant

D Harris

Two words: Kyle Williams

Two more : practice squadder

Three more: starting left tackle

Almost a haiku even. B)

2 tackles and 1 sack for Ware. I started him and I'm a little dissapointed. He was the 3rd highest point getting LB in my league last year, so I drafted him high. Now, he is the worst LB I have on my roster

i need a DL to pair with andre carter. 3-5 and really need to get a win this week

D Lance Briggs(Chi - LB)

DB Yeremiah Bell(Mia - S)

DB Brandon Meriweather(NE - S)

DL Andre Carter(Was - DE)

DL --empty--

LB Curtis Lofton(Atl - LB)

LB James Harrison(Pit - LB)

BN E.J. Henderson(Min - LB)

BN Kerry Rhodes(NYJ - S)

BN John Abraham(Atl - DE)

BN Shaun Rogers(Cle - DT)

abraham has done nothing this season, i started him w/carter on bye last week and got a 0. lookin at guys like darnell dockett, calais campbell, cliff avril, will smith, justin smith, osi umenyiora, tamba hali. theres a bunch of other guys out there so you can drop other names.

tackle heavy scoring

I was too late to pick up ware as someone got him right after I posted. Poz did pretty good as did Durant. D Harris is now on waivers but both he and poz have a bye this week. I will probably use Durant for wk 9 but need only 1 for the rest of the season. Rank the following:

Pozluzky

Durant

D Harris

As I wrote leading up to last week's matchup, I like Durant and Poszluzny's remaining schedules. I gave last week's edge to Durant, and he paid off nicely

Harris has some weak opposition coming up, and has s tretch where he gets the following in consecutive weeks: CAR, @ BUF, @ TB

I'd probably rate them: Harris, Durant, Poz

CLE - Tank Tyler, Justin Smith and Randy Starks are the top non-bye week tacklers available in my most IDP-heavy league (that essnetially mirrors your lineup requirements)....are any of them available?

Among those you listed, I like Campbell, an active player who doesn't rely on Sacks for points.

Guys, Need to start 3 off the wire due to all mine on byes!

Which 3:

Witherspoon vs DAL

Barnett vs TB

Hawthorne vs DET

Polamalu vs DEN

1 pt solo, .5 assist, 2 int., 2 forced fumble/recovery, 1 pass defended

yea i listed justin smith, hes available. unfortuantely someone waivered for calais campbell......was hoping he would get past them. starks and tyler are also available. you think justin smith can rebound this season?

need 3 out of these 4 this week fellas....

James Harrison @DEN

Karlos Dansby @CHI

David Hawthorne vs DET

Justin Durant vs KC

Scoring:

1pt/tackle

.5ast

4pt/sack

4pt/int

3pt/FF

4pt/FR

1pt/PD

thanks....

Im thinking Harrison is a must start regardless of matchup, plus he plays Monday night. Dansby showed some life last week, and Cutler is turnover prone....Hawthorne has been great in his 2 games as starter and DET gives up plenty of points to LB's. Durant had a big game last week but the Titans ran the ball a ton, not so sure KC will do the same.

please help...i need to start 3

I'd start Harrison, Dansby, and Durant. I don't think you could go wrong with any combo of those 4 guys though. Hawthorne has a good matchup this week too

Guys, Need to start 3 off the wire due to all mine on byes!

Which 3:

Witherspoon vs DAL

Barnett vs TB

Hawthorne vs DET

Polamalu vs DEN

1 pt solo, .5 assist, 2 int., 2 forced fumble/recovery, 1 pass defended

I'd start the 3 LB's as they should generate the most tackles

yea i listed justin smith, hes available. unfortuantely someone waivered for calais campbell......was hoping he would get past them. starks and tyler are also available. you think justin smith can rebound this season?

Yes, you did.....sorry, all-lower case sometimes throws me......

I drafted Smith to be my backup to Trent Cole, thinking he would be a solid fit, but most of his season has been pretty quiet. To his credit, he's turned things around over the last couple of weeks with 17 tackles (11 solo), so there's hope.

His upcoming schedule is a mixed bag, highlighted by two of the worst pass-protection teams in the league, Green Bay and Detroit in week 16. I would give him a long look. He's been productive in the past, and he could play up to that level over the remaining weeks.

need 3 out of these 4 this week fellas....

James Harrison @DEN

Karlos Dansby @CHI

David Hawthorne vs DET

Justin Durant vs KC

Scoring:

1pt/tackle

.5ast

4pt/sack

4pt/int

3pt/FF

4pt/FR

1pt/PD

thanks....

Im thinking Harrison is a must start regardless of matchup, plus he plays Monday night. Dansby showed some life last week, and Cutler is turnover prone....Hawthorne has been great in his 2 games as starter and DET gives up plenty of points to LB's. Durant had a big game last week but the Titans ran the ball a ton, not so sure KC will do the same.

please help...i need to start 3

bump

lil help

bump

lil help

GoPackGo replied.

I generally agree with him, but would consider starting Harrison over Durant.

Paul Posulszny and Chad Greenway are available in one of my leagues....

Pretty standard scoring, we only start 3 IDP's each week. Defenders on my team as of now are:

James Harrison

Karlos Dansby

David Hawthorne

Justin Durant

Considering Posulszny over Durant, esp this week Buffalo plays TENN...what are your thoughts? Is Posulszny the Bills MLB? How about Greenway? he was dropped a before last week, but i noticed he is nearly outscoring EJ Henderson in my league.

So would either of these 'backers be an upgrade over mine?

thanks

Jarius Byrd vs. Tennesee or Josh Wilson vs. Arizona....

Pretty standard scoring, we only start 3 IDP's each week. Defenders on my team as of now are:

James Harrison

Karlos Dansby

David Hawthorne

Justin Durant

Considering Posulszny over Durant, esp this week Buffalo plays TENN...what are your thoughts? Is Posulszny the Bills MLB? How about Greenway? he was dropped a before last week, but i noticed he is nearly outscoring EJ Henderson in my league.

thanks

I don't necessarily see either player as being hug upgrades over what you already have....yes, Poszluzny is the Bill's MLB, and I believe I wrote previously that both of those guys have good remaining schedules. I would probably stand pat.

Biggz - Byrd looks like he'll play against VY, whom I still don't trust. I see that Wilson has reclaimed the starting CB job, and I tend to prefer healthy players with opportunity over guys with bad groins with opportunity.

If you need to make a move now, I'd go with Wilson....if you can wait a few days and see how Byrd responds to practice, then I'd consider him as a candidate to keep the pick streak going.

James Harrison

Karlos Dansby

David Hawthorne

Justin Durant

thanks

I'd kick Dansby to the curb for Posluszny.

I need to start 3 LB's this week.

What do you guys think about Demarcus Ware this week vs Green Bay? His sack potential is impossible to ignore and he plays the Packers who have given up 37 sacks in 8 games. The problem I see is the fact that 28.5 of those sacks went to defensive lineman, not Linebackers, and Ware hasn't been putting up solid tackle numbers.

James Harrison vs. Cincinatti. Harrison is a lock to start for me every week and i don't plan to change it in this big game as the Steelers try to wrestle first place away from the Bengals.

Paul Posluszny vs. Titans. I don't have much to say about this matchup but the Titans did surrender 14 tackles to Justin Durant 2 weeks ago. posluszny has been racking up tackles since coming back from the broken arm.

James Laurinaitis vs. Saints. Will Laurinaitis be on the field most of the game racking up tackles as the Saints control the ball?

Curtis Lofton vs. Panthers. Lofton leads the NFL in tackles and we know the Panthers will try to run the ball most of the time.

Justin Durant vs. Jets. Durant put up 14 tackles 2 weeks ago and followed that up with a 3 tackle stinker last week.

Who would you guys start? Right now I'm thinking Harrison and Lofton are solid starts but I'm not sure about which 3rd LB to start.

1 pt per solo, 1/2 pt per assist, 2 pts per pass defended, 3 pts per sack, 4 pts per INT, 3 pts per forced fumble, 2 pts per recovered fumble

thanks for the replies