Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

IDP Questions 2009

GPG...

I would probably go with Harrison/Loften/Posz

Pack- I too would definitely get Posluzny in the mix.

What are your guys thoughts on Hawthorne? is he matchup proof yet?

I ask because im considering starting him this week, but he plays ARI, the Cards give up one of the LOWEST amount of points to opposing LB's in the league. thoughts?

here are my starters so far:

James Harrison vs CIN

Paul Poszlusny @TENN

Need one more out of:

Hawthorne @ARI

Dansby vs SEA

Durant @NYJ

thanks

What are your guys thoughts on Hawthorne? is he matchup proof yet?

I ask because im considering starting him this week, but he plays ARI, the Cards give up one of the LOWEST amount of points to opposing LB's in the league. thoughts?

LAST 4 GAMES:

CHI: WLB Briggs had 9 ST; MLB Hunter Hillenmeyer, had 5ST-5AT

CAR: MLB Beason, 8-3

NYG: MLB Antonio Pierce, 7-3

SEA: MLB Lofa Tatupu 7-1

Patrick Willis KILLED in week one (12-2).

I'd put Hawthorne's base at 7 ST. I'd start him hoping for more but I could live with that.

The ARI opponent aggregate LB numbers are skewed by a decided lack of impact on the part of the Strongside players. IDP Points Allowed charts will always be flawed due to such gaping holes in data.

LAST 4 GAMES:

CHI: WLB Briggs had 9 ST; MLB Hunter Hillenmeyer, had 5ST-5AT

CAR: MLB Beason, 8-3

NYG: MLB Antonio Pierce, 7-3

SEA: MLB Lofa Tatupu 7-1

Patrick Willis KILLED in week one (12-2).

I'd put Hawthorne's base at 7 ST. I'd start him hoping for more but I could live with that.

The ARI opponent aggregate LB numbers are skewed by a decided lack of impact on the part of the Strongside players. IDP Points Allowed charts will always be flawed due to such gaping holes in data.

awesome....

thanks Titanium

I've got a couple of IDP's questions for you guys.

LB - Need 3 out of this group

London Fletcher (vs DEN)

EJ Henderson (vs MIN)

Justin Durant (at NYJ)

Mike Peterson (at CAR)

DL - Need 1 between this 2

Andre Carter (vs DEN)

Shaun Ellis (vs JAX) [he was limited in practice, but I believe he's gonna play]

What should I do? Thanks!

I can play 3 out of the 4 LB's

Beason

Vilma

Mayo

DJ Williams

Thanks

Williams

Mayo

Beason

No great matchups. Williams has the best combination of matchup and skills. Mayo has the best remaining matchup. Beason on talent slightly over Vilma. Beason will also be picking up the slack for the lack of Davis.

I've got a couple of IDP's questions for you guys.

LB - Need 3 out of this group

London Fletcher (vs DEN)

EJ Henderson (vs MIN)

Justin Durant (at NYJ)

Mike Peterson (at CAR)

DL - Need 1 between this 2

Andre Carter (vs DEN)

Shaun Ellis (vs JAX) [he was limited in practice, but I believe he's gonna play]

What should I do? Thanks!

Henderson should finally have another good week. He notched 7ST the first time around and should at least equal that.

Durant.

Peterson did very well against CAR. Even though the matchup favors the MLB I like him over any LB that plays DEN.

Basically, GS, it came down to eliminating the disappointing London Fletcher (apologies to those who acquired him on my recommendation- and I'll apologize for Tim too B) ) on the basis of his opponent.

Tough DE choice.

Carter has a tough matchup but will want to improve on his last outing.

Ellis has a better matchup but is dinged and has had one good outing - albeit his last- on the season.

What does that most prolific of all prognosticators Mr. Coin tell us?

*flip*

It's heads.

Andre Carter.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I used a quarter.)

Basically, GS, it came down to eliminating the disappointing London Fletcher (apologies to those who acquired him on my recommendation- and I'll apologize for Tim too B) ) on the basis of his opponent.

LOL....he's been disappointing the last few weeks, I'll admit. I've tried keeping the faith, but it's getting harder and harder.....

Hey, all, I'm new around... My league rewards 6/TD, 1/TKL, 4/SACK, 4/INT, 4/FR, 3/FF and 1/PD, and here's one for you: I currently own Lofton, Morrison, Polamalu and Durant, and would like to know if Merriman or S.Phillips would be an upgrade since they seem to have picked it up the last three games. TitaniumMan Recommended not to drop anyone for Merriman, and I think I will follow that, but how about Phillips? One more: E.J. Henderson is available, but I don't feel safe dropping one of mine for him... Any suggestions for me? Would really appreciate your help.

Hey, all, I'm new around... My league rewards 6/TD, 1/TKL, 4/SACK, 4/INT, 4/FR, 3/FF and 1/PD, and here's one for you: I currently own Lofton, Morrison, Polamalu and Durant, and would like to know if Merriman or S.Phillips would be an upgrade since they seem to have picked it up the last three games. TitaniumMan Recommended not to drop anyone for Merriman, and I think I will follow that, but how about Phillips? One more: E.J. Henderson is available, but I don't feel safe dropping one of mine for him... Any suggestions for me? Would really appreciate your help.

I'd love to see what the other members have to say about this pickle, Omar.

NOW- I will answer, but only with the implied though uncommitted promise that Tim will not use the following information to beat my girlfriend.

I love Phillips this week even though he has had his best efforts on the road. I like LBs coming from the weakside vs. the Eagles.

But can you really jettison any of your current players?

Morrison- Solid for Tackle leagues, while he has made a few he isn't much of a playmaker (had one superior year playing the past that looks like an outlier or a downright aberration- take your pick) and has 4 FF his entire career. Having a very uneven year. That said, he has a terrific matchup this week.

Lofton- Another nearly pure tackler. Not crazy about his schedule.

Polamalu- He's a force. But he has never been a top notch IDP commodity. A REAL NFL commodity, yes.

Durant- Another tackler. His schedule is hit or miss, especially with what seems a limited skillset (for ex: MIA favors LBs with penetration skills).

I like Phillips schedule but I'm not crazy about his low relatively tackles number. Your other LBs will be more consistent.

I am going to say it: I prefer Linebackers. They are usually a more consistent commodity. I- that's ME mind you- with an eye on history and catering to my own personal philosophy would cash in Polamalu for Phillips.

IF I were to drop an LB: Durant hasn't proven to be all that consistent. I'd flip a coin between him and Morrison.

Omar- If I were you I'd definitely use the majority of the members here to help form your opinion on this particular question, not my single opinion. My advice here is colored by a strategy ingrained into my gaming philosophy.

Oh- And welcome to the boards, Omar.

My league scoring is as follows: 1 pt per solo/.5 pt per assist....3 points per sack, 3 points per interception.

DB.....I've been starting Eric Weddle but am thinking about a change to one of the following:

George Wilson

Erik Coleman

Tyvon Branch

LB....Kind of disappointed in Justin Durant but is this a big week for him? Or do I add:

Jon Beason

Kirk Morrison

Daryl Smith

Stephen Cooper

Calvin Pace

Thanks in advance.

TitaniuMan, thank you very much for the heads up. It's always tough to sit Fletcher, let's hope to get it right.

LB....Kind of disappointed in Justin Durant but is this a big week for him? Or do I add:

Disapponinted? The guy had one bad game (last week) but he has been a stud, in the five games (he missed two before the bye week) he played before Sunday he did rack up 51 tackles! That's more than 10 tackles a game.

TitaniuMan, thank you very much for the heads up. It's always tough to sit Fletcher, let's hope to get it right.

Disapponinted? The guy had one bad game (last week) but he has been a stud, in the five games (he missed two before the bye week) he played before Sunday he did rack up 51 tackles! That's more than 10 tackles a game.

To clarify, I've added him twice this season. Once was against Seattle when he didn't play, and the other was last week. So I personally have been disappointed in his performance for me. After all, isn't a measure of how good an NFL player is how well he does for your fantasy team? B)

Pick 3 to start this week....

James Harrison vs CIN

D. Harris vs JAX

C. Lofton @ CAR

Ray Lewis @ CLE

Pick 3 to start this week....

James Harrison vs CIN

D. Harris vs JAX

C. Lofton @ CAR

Ray Lewis @ CLE

Always start Harrison.

Lofton has a good matchup this week. Good not great, but more favorable than Harris, Lewis.

Harris is making more plays than Lewis. I'd opt for him between two LBs with unfavorable matchups.

BTW Omar- Have either Paul Posluzny or David Hawthorne escaped notice in your league?

Stunna-

I haven't forgotten you. Yours is just the most complex question and I'm updating my charts today. I haven't gotten to a few teams.

Is Jonathan Babineaux a decent start against the run heavy Panthers. He did have a huge game against the WASH last week. It's a very deep league the options are very thin. Thanks in advance

Hey y'all! Can you help me figure out which 2 DLs are my best bet this week (have one open slot and also want to pick up insurance for Schobel):

Orakpo, Kelsay, Ratliff, Shaun Ellis, S. Rogers.

Thanks!

Pick up and play Ratliff. The Green Bay O-line allows alot of sacks and ratliff is a force

Pick up and play Ratliff. The Green Bay O-line allows alot of sacks and ratliff is a force

Thanks, man! I was leaning towards Ratliff as well. Which of the other 4 would you also grab? I'm thinking Orakpo...