Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

Knicks to deal for Artest?

I've heard several times on WFAN today that the Knicks may offer a package including David Lee to deal for Artest. I didn't really hear where they're getting this info from, since it's been serious talk among hosts & callers, but not a news update. Anyway, I think just the idea in & of itself is horrid.

Yes, Artest is talented, but he is not the most stable person on the planet. The Knicks already dealt for Randolph, so do they need another time-bomb? Plus, David Lee is extremely valuable b/c he plays w/ so much passion, which enhances his natural ability.

Eh, I hope this is just talk.

On paper that would give the Knicks a great roster, but on the court it may provide us with the first one team brawl in the history of the NBA. I wouldn't deal a team player that provides excellent rebounding and hustle for a guy who may or may not try at all. Artest is an all-star caliber player when he wants to be, but if the guy can't stay out of trouble in Indianapolis or Sacramento I can't imagine what he might do in New York. Isiah obviously doesn't care about chemistry, but this would be insane. Who knows, maybe all those guys who are problems with other teams would get along famously in New York and the Knicks would be a force in the East B) .

On paper that would give the Knicks a great roster, but on the court it may provide us with the first one team brawl in the history of the NBA. I wouldn't deal a team player that provides excellent rebounding and hustle for a guy who may or may not try at all. Artest is an all-star caliber player when he wants to be, but if the guy can't stay out of trouble in Indianapolis or Sacramento I can't imagine what he might do in New York. Isiah obviously doesn't care about chemistry, but this would be insane. Who knows, maybe all those guys who are problems with other teams would get along famously in New York and the Knicks would be a force in the East B) .

Have any of you guys played the card game, "Hearts"? I'm asking b/c I know what Zeke is trying to do : it's called "Shooting the Moon." In hearts, the hearts are the bad cards - take them and you lose. That is, unless you take them ALL. If you take them all, the tables are reversed and it's bad for all of your opponents. The nickname for this maneuver in Hearts is "Shooting the Moon."

Artest is another bad card. Zeke must think his fortunes will reverse if he shoots the moon....

LOL! For some sreason, I entirely believe in the possibility of that happening ...

i think zeke plays fantasy basketball cuz he has no idea how to put together a cohesive team, he just puts together talent and numbers. i think thats it. zeke is so addicted to fantasy sports that he can no longer seperate fantasy from reality.

he could very well become the first person diagnosed with a fantasy sports related mental illness, the first of many.

What's next? Will the Knicks see if Tank Johnson or Pacman Jones can play ball & sign them???

Apparently the Knicks aren't the only ones interested (Rotoworld:)

The Heat recently has had trade discussions with the Kings and the Clippers regarding Ron Artest and Corey Maggette.

With the departure of Jason Kapono to Toronto, the Heat are trying to improve their fire power at the small forward position. Both Artest and Maggette would probably welcome a move to a contender like Miami after their tumultuous seasons last year.

Ron Artest is one of those athletes that I can't figure out why any GM would want on their team, talented or not. The disruption is never worth the talent.

Rotoworld Headlines:

The Knicks are said to still be very interested in Ron Artest, but Isiah Thomas has no plans on giving up Renaldo Balkman or David Lee to get him.

Artest's brother, Daniel, who is playing in the summer league for Sacramento, thinks the Knicks should pull the trigger. "I'm not disrespecting David's game, but I think Ron is a better player than David Lee," he said. "I understand about their long term, but they should go for it now. David's going to get less touches with Zach [Randolph] anyway." He's got a good point, and also went on to say that Artest is aching to get back to New York. Artest can opt out of his contract after the season, which is making Thomas reluctant to trade one of his young guns for him.

Source: New York Post

-----------------------------------------

Thank goodness!

Rotoworld Headlines:

The Knicks are said to still be very interested in Ron Artest, but Isiah Thomas has no plans on giving up Renaldo Balkman or David Lee to get him.

Artest's brother, Daniel, who is playing in the summer league for Sacramento, thinks the Knicks should pull the trigger. "I'm not disrespecting David's game, but I think Ron is a better player than David Lee," he said. "I understand about their long term, but they should go for it now. David's going to get less touches with Zach [Randolph] anyway." He's got a good point, and also went on to say that Artest is aching to get back to New York. Artest can opt out of his contract after the season, which is making Thomas reluctant to trade one of his young guns for him.

Source: New York Post

-----------------------------------------

Thank goodness!

he said that he wouldnt even include balkman in trade for artest, instead, isiah offered from a list of the knick's crap including malik rose, jerome james, etc. basically he's saying he's not serious about acquiring artest this summer unless its for free. he'd be better off waiting til artest opts out of his contract and becomes a free agent. they could prolly get him then for a lowball offer since artest is such a stupid businessman who really only wants to play for the knicks. talk about leverage.

According to ESPN, "trade winds have been downgraded by the player himself to a slight breeze." Apparently, Artest has decided he wants to retire with SAC. If my memory serves right, many thought that was going to happen last years. Regardless, this news probably has little to do with what will actually end up happening, but here's a link to the story.

According to ESPN, "trade winds have been downgraded by the player himself to a slight breeze." Apparently, Artest has decided he wants to retire with SAC. If my memory serves right, many thought that was going to happen last years. Regardless, this news probably has little to do with what will actually end up happening, but here's a link to the story.

Artest is like a random phrase generating machine. He could say anything next. The likelihood of him saying that he wants to be traded to the Heat next week is almost exactly the same as the likelihood that he'll say he wants to retire and spend the rest of his life trying to prove the existence of mermaids and the lost city of Atlantis...

While I don't think that Lee will be as valuable with Zach on the Knicks, I would still be hesitant to make this trade if only because of acquiring another black hole on offense. As it is, the Knicks have Curry and Zach as their two top options, 2 guys who barely avged 3 assists combined last year, with Marbury, a scoring pg as the third option. Adding Artest, a notorious ball hog who slows down every offensive play so that he can over dribble and shoot an off balance shot, into the mix will doom this team. Especially that the strongest part of his offensive game is on the post, which is the only place where Curry and Zach can contribute. So while Artest would def. upgrade their team dee, even throwing out his destructive persona, he seems to be a terrible fit to me.