Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Grant Hill signs with Suns

From Rotoworld:

Grant Hill has agreed in principle to a two-year deal from the Phoenix Suns.

Hill's deal, known as a bi-annual exception, will pay him $1.8 million this season and almost $2 million in 2008-09 at the player's option. The deal will not be considered official until July 11, the first day free agents are allowed to officially sign new contracts. Hill also considered the Pistons, Heat, Mavs and Spurs but went with the Suns to hopefully win a championship. He'll have a vital role with the Suns and should battle Boris Diaw for the starting small forward job. "Obviously money wasn't the biggest factor here," agent Lon Babby said. "He had offers for a lot more money. Grant wants a chance to win a championship and he wanted to go to a place that would give him a chance to contribute. Phoenix was the perfect fit." Jul. 5 - 1:26 pm et

I guess he might start.. it really wasn't working with Diaw starting. Not sure what Diaw's role is now, b/c he was a crappy sixth man.

I guess he might start.. it really wasn't working with Diaw starting. Not sure what Diaw's role is now, b/c he was a crappy sixth man.

...and he was fat. i think that'll change after this offseason. it doesnt matter how he did last yr. they gave him big money and will give him every opportunity to justify the contract, either that or they'll trade him ( i heard the clips are a possible trading partner). either way, i cant see hill starting over diaw. they need to save hill's legs, especially in that system.

I'd really really be shocked if Hill played 65+ games, that style is too viscious for him if you ask me. Poor choice in teams to go with. If he really wants the ring he should have gone to the Spurs and it would have increased his chances of being healthy a lot more.

...and he was fat. i think that'll change after this offseason. it doesnt matter how he did last yr. they gave him big money and will give him every opportunity to justify the contract, either that or they'll trade him ( i heard the clips are a possible trading partner). either way, i cant see hill starting over diaw. they need to save hill's legs, especially in that system.

He might start and still play under 30 minutes a game though, sort of like Finley did during the second half of this last season. Hill starts games strong, and then fades. At least, in his most recent stint with the Magic that was how it went...