Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highlight Show

How does this team look?

QB Carson Palmer

QB Matt Leinart

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marion Barber III

RB Dominic Rhodes

RB Jerious Norwood

WR Lee Evans

WR Greg Jennings

WR Brandon Jones

WR Joey Porter

TE Antonio Gates

TE David Martin

K Josh Brown

DEF Jacksonville

DEF Denver

How does this look? I had the ninth pick of the draft, and was looking for some advice on my weaknesses/strengths. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

looks pretty good. I'd give your team a (A-). I say strength is your QB'S and the fact you have Antonio Gates.Defenses are strength. I list RB as weakness b/c outside of Addai(who's gonna be good this year btw), the rest of your RB's have other RB's on there team that take carries away from them every week....and D. Rhodes is suspended for the first 4 gms. of the season.

QB Carson Palmer

QB Matt Leinart

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marion Barber III

RB Dominic Rhodes

RB Jerious Norwood

WR Lee Evans

WR Greg Jennings

WR Brandon Jones

WR Joey Porter

TE Antonio Gates

TE David Martin

K Josh Brown

DEF Jacksonville

DEF Denver

How does this look? I had the ninth pick of the draft, and was looking for some advice on my weaknesses/strengths. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

If it is a 14+ team league pretty good, if it is a 12 team league below average, if it is a 10 team league then it sucks. Who was your 2nd round pick? I only see 1 player on that list who is worthy of a top 20 selection (Addai), Next would be Palmer or Evans and I wouldn't realistically consider taking either of them before about pick 30 - 35.

The below assumes a standard 10 or 12 team league

QB: B+, You have pretty good ones but then it's not hard to get 2 pretty good QB's in a league that size

RB: D, You have only 1 startable RB and he might not be a top 10 player at the position, the other 3 on your team are all backups at best. Essentially you have no #2 RB on your team at all.

WR: B-, Your WR's are good but not great Evans and Jennings should be a middle of the road starting pair but you lack a solid #3, Jones and Porter are both solid High Risk High Reward WR4's making up for some of that however.

TE: A+, Ok, Gates is the best at the position, Question though, unless your league has some rule requiring you to carry 2 TE why do you have a backup at all? It's not like you'll ever sit Gates and the 1 game a year when he has a bye you'll likely get more points picking up whatever FA TE has the best matchup than carrying someone on your bench all year.

K: B, To the extent that it matters Brown is a solid middle of the road Kicker problem is 90% of the time Kicker has so little impact on your team that is wouldn't matter if you had the worst starting kicker in the league and the remaining 10% of the time are so unpredictable that it makes drafting one before about the 12th round a waste of a pick.

Def: B, They should both be solid, problem is this early in the preseason it is impossible to know for sure

Overall Grade B-, I'd say barring some luck or a really good trade expect a .500 year and to miss out on the playoffs

I think that team is awful, no offense. I would feel like I just threw my money down the drain with that team.

What I like: Addai, Palmer, Gates ( although looking at your team I'm definitely not going to draft Gates in any league, plenty of TE available late in draft and I'll take my chances on two good TEs and play matchups )

What I hate: I like Barber/Norwood as my RB3/4, not my RB2. You have to pray one of them takes full time duties. Rhodes is a waste of a pick. Your WRs are awful. I would be pissed if my number 1 receiver was Evans and you have him as your one. Too inconsistent. I would want Jennings as my number 4, in a deep league my number 3. Porter is also a waste of a pick. I would rather have Curry than Porter. Jones is a sleeper but I'm not as high on him as others. Young is going to have to learn to throw this year and teams will stop him from running. I can see him taking a step back this year and like McNabb had to do to become a complete QB.

If I was you I like the Addai pick in round one but I can't figure for the life of me where you went next? I would have taken a Maroney, R. Brown, Portis ( if a deep league ), Henry, McGahee on the turn. And my third round I would have gone a stud receiver. The only thing I can figure is you went C. Palmer there which is a bad pick that early in the draft. And after that I guess you went Gates which again I think is a bad pick. Then you had to go for Evans which I think is an ok pick if you have a consistent stud WR ahead of him. With that team and QB he puts up too many dud games. You're one for five in my book so far. Then you take some sleeper running backs in the middle rounds I guess which is ok but you have no consistent WRs.

I would have taken a RB and then definitely come back with another RB. I kind of like the back end of the draft this year. I think you can guarantee yourself two very good RBs. After the first 15 or so there's a huge drop off. Then if Palmer was available in the 3rd round I would have taken him, if not then I would have went two WRs. Between TO, S. Smith, L. Fitzgerald, Moss, Holt, C. Johnson, Wayne, Harrison, Boldin, A. Johnson, Colston, TJ, Price, Walker and R. Williams two of them should have been available. If not then someone like B. Jacobs must have been there and I would have jumped on him. I think you should have taken 2 stud receivers there. The drop off from there is very big. Coming around in the fifth and sixth I would have grabbed a good QB. There are plenty of them out there this year. Then probably another receiver. And with two solid RBs on your team you can afford to wait until 7 and 8 to get your sleepers. LenDale White, B. Jackson, Dunn, J. Jones, Barber, Norwood, A. Green, M. Bell, T. Bell or some guys like that. Then add depth and positions you don't have.

Just my two cents