Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cremson1687

Jacobs or Deuce

In a keeper league and i can't decide between deuce or jacobs as my 3rd keeper to go along with addai and evans. 6 points for all td's and its a forever keeper. I like jacobs cause he's the solo back n younger and im a giants fan. I also have the #1 pic but i was leaning towards drafting a big time WR. 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 DST 1 Kicker What you guys think?

Jacobs isn't the solo back, the Giants signed Droughns. I don't see him having that much of an impact over Jacobs though, especially when it comes to inside the red zone. I think Jacobs will be the go-to-guy in those situations this year, much like he was last, only w/o the worries of Droughns scoring on as many long runs as Tiki. McAlister is likely the guy you'll want to own next year, but since it's a forever keeper league, I'd go ahead and keep Jacobs.

I usually agree with the King but I think this has an easier answer. Jacobs all the way. I'm an EAGLES fan saying this as well. Both for next year and the years after that. I think Droughns was brought in as a cheap insurance policy ( Tim Carter ) in case Jacobs can't carry the load himself or gets injured. I think Jacobs is one of those guys that needs 25-30 carries a game and he will cause some havoc for defenses. I can see his bruising running style taking a toll on opposing defenses and him busting some big runs late in the game. I think I read in the Post or Daily News the other day they are already trying Droughns out at FB. I live in NJ so I don't think Jacobs will fall any later than the middle of the second round in any of my drafts because they are loaded with Giant fans.

Bush will also carry a bigger load this year and I think that offense won't run as smoothly as it did last year. And Bush is the obvious playmaker on that team. He'll be used more often this year, taking some value from McCallister.