Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheJRod2006

The League

Alright fantasy nerds.....who's watching this show when it debuts? I've seen a couple commercials for it, and it looks like it has potential.

Alright fantasy nerds.....who's watching this show when it debuts? I've seen a couple commercials for it, and it looks like it has potential.

When's it on? I'll definitely check it out.

When's it on? I'll definitely check it out.

imdb has minimal information....they're saying it starts in November: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1480684/

I recognize a couple of names: Nadine Velasquez, who was Catalina on My Name Is Earl, and Paul Scheer, who had a brief recurring role on 30 Rock.

imdb has minimal information....they're saying it starts in November: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1480684/

I recognize a couple of names: Nadine Velasquez, who was Catalina on My Name Is Earl, and Paul Scheer, who had a brief recurring role on 30 Rock.

I believe it starts October 29th, according to the commercials on FX.

i think so too....seen commercials for it on that date...

and ill try watching it

I see......the only thing I watch on FX is Damages, which isn't on right now, so I haven't seen any commercials for it.

It could be alright......may as well give it a shot!

I see......the only thing I watch on FX is Damages, which isn't on right now, so I haven't seen any commercials for it.

It could be alright......may as well give it a shot!

No Always Sunny??? Killer!!!

Anyway I'll definitely give it a try. I'm guessing the show is mainly going to be about how these guys think of Fantasy Football in random situations they shouldn't be (ie Funeral, Hospital, etc. etc.). Not sure how long that can last. Here's to hopin...

First episode appropriately called 'The Draft'

I'll have to Tivo it with the World Series tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'll give it a chance, at least for that Fantasy Genius character that I saw in the preview.

First episode appropriately called 'The Draft'

I'll have to Tivo it with the World Series tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it.

Epic timing fail - any true fantasy nerd is going to be watching the World Series over any show.

Epic timing fail - any true fantasy nerd is going to be watching the World Series over any show.

As soon as my fantasy season is over, baseball usually goes out the window for me.

Fantasy nerds= probably following NBA box scores like it's Christmas Eve with the new season started

Sports Fan= Watching World Series

Either way, they really lost a chance to get the show out to the two demographics that could make it take off. Only people that could have watched it and actually gotten a kick out of it would have been all the "fantasy widows" out there.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was gonna watch The League tonight?? Interested to see what happens. Post Away...

Just wanted to see if anyone else was gonna watch The League tonight?? Interested to see what happens. Post Away...

Going to DVR it. I hope it's good. Former writers of Seinfeld...

I watched it and dug it. I know we will probably enjoy it way more than the average Joe but I thought it was pretty funny. My gf (who doesn't play fantasy) was amused by it as well because I am a lot like those idiots when it comes to being fantasy obsessed heh. I think I heard it will only be 6 episodes long though. When he's pleading with the kid at the end about drafting Kellen Winslow I started dying.

whats crazy about it is that it is so accurate, i am in a league with buddies and someone usually pulls an andre like that...someone drafted ricky williams the retired year same with tiki and another year a guy took nugent second round...it also is filled with the i am too busy to plays but that almost always end up playing....

I don't remember the exact quote, but...

"I drew number one! Heck yeah, I got Tim Brady!"

Yeah I heard that I damn near died from laughter.

This show is only pertinent to people who have played fantasy football otherwise it's not funny at all. I like it so far!

The biggest concern I had was that they only had 6 guys so I though it was going to just be a six team league which they addressed during the draft. Either way it wasn't that bad but it didn't blow me away either I'll still watch it every week though.

I liked this show alot and have set up the DVR to record the series. You are a true fantasy nerd if you can relate to any of these characters, which I most defintely can. In explaining this show to my wife, she quickly responded "it's the story of my life"! B)

I'm not sure who plans on watching the first show (or again), but I noticed a HUGE blunder on the draft board at the party. I believe it was round 5 or 6, somewhere around pick 4 or 5, Jacob Hester's name was there instead of Devin Hester.

I liked this show alot and have set up the DVR to record the series. You are a true fantasy nerd if you can relate to any of these characters, which I most defintely can. In explaining this show to my wife, she quickly responded "it's the story of my life"! B)

I'm not sure who plans on watching the first show (or again), but I noticed a HUGE blunder on the draft board at the party. I believe it was round 5 or 6, somewhere around pick 4 or 5, Jacob Hester's name was there instead of Devin Hester.

haha now that is truely fantasy nerdy....catching fantasy board errors on a tv show...i'm upset i missed this, terrible timing and i dont have dvr...

I was doing the same thing - I think i said out loud "Ronnie Brown in the 4th??? Bullsh...."

This show is fantastic though. I think this board is probably home to many real life hotdog-licking "Oracles."