Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheJRod2006

The League

I think the show will have enough gags non-fantasy related (such as Taco's song at the birthday party and the pubic hair joint) to keep those people amused.

Good debut episode though.

Guest ciderjack6

"Larry Johnson in the 7th round. That's a good pick...in 2005"

I taped it, but the DVR ended way too early, I think. It was pretty much right after the whole Adrian Peterson traded for a 5 year sentence thing. I started taping right after It's Always Sunny (which went about 2 minutes long). But what you guys are talking about (they showed the draft???) seems like it was way more than 2 minutes of the show lost.

I was also curious what they were doing with 6 guys in a league.

I taped it, but the DVR ended way too early, I think. It was pretty much right after the whole Adrian Peterson traded for a 5 year sentence thing. I started taping right after It's Always Sunny (which went about 2 minutes long). But what you guys are talking about (they showed the draft???) seems like it was way more than 2 minutes of the show lost.

They said a couple of the guys were on 'auto-pilot'.

Some guys were on auto draft and some were on the phone but they never made a actual appearance.

you ever had sex with a trophy?

I can't wait

it's so dumb it hilarious.

Anyone wondering how that winner of the league who is this chubby mediocre looking guy gets that hot a** blond? I couldn't help but to wonder throughout the whole show.

you ever had sex with a trophy?

I can't wait

it's so dumb it hilarious.

Anyone wondering how that winner of the league who is this chubby mediocre looking guy gets that hot a** blond? I couldn't help but to wonder throughout the whole show.

I'm pretty sure that was the first full-on, graphic rape scene in network TV history.

It was really uncomfortable.

I'm pretty sure that was the first full-on, graphic rape scene in network TV history.

It was really uncomfortable.

It's cable (FX) and rated MA so I figure that plays into it...but yes, I was wondering the same thing. She can stick her finger in my a** anytime. Heck, I'd even pay. :)

Seriously. I would. B)

Can't believe I forgot to DVR this...they'll probably air a replay one night before next Thursday though right?

Can't believe I forgot to DVR this...they'll probably air a replay one night before next Thursday though right?

Clips are on Hulu so i don't know why they wouldn't eventually put the full episode up.

From TV Guide: They'll re-air the pilot at 12:30AM on Nov 5.

Clips are on Hulu so i don't know why they wouldn't eventually put the full episode up.

From TV Guide: They'll re-air the pilot at 12:30AM on Nov 5.

On FX tomorrow at 10:30 PM.

It's also listed on On Demand of some cable providers.

I'll get around to watching it but from all that I have read about it I don't think I'll be too impressed. I was really disappointed with HBO's Eastbound and Down earlier this year in spite of the creative element involved and I'm getting the same sort of vibe from this.

Comes on at 10:30PM PST on Thursdays. Just caught the episode I dvr'd last nite. Not half bad.

-r.

On FX tomorrow at 10:30 PM.

It's also listed on On Demand of some cable providers.

I'll get around to watching it but from all that I have read about it I don't think I'll be too impressed. I was really disappointed with HBO's Eastbound and Down earlier this year in spite of the creative element involved and I'm getting the same sort of vibe from this.

East bound and down is the greatest show ever so funny cant wait till it starts up again

It's not bad. I think the acting is sub-par and they try too hard with some of the jokes but I don't mind watching it.

But how many guys are in this league? Like 6? haha

This thread is stirring up images of a My Boys episode from a while back.

Six close friends get together for the annual fantasy baseball draft at a bar. All of the things you would make a joke about were there:

- the guy who insists on using a laptop that doesn't work

- the guy who tries drafting by phone, and alternately picks out of turn and tries taking selected players ("Is Pujols available?")

- someone take a favorite player of another owner, so she responds by taking his favorite player

Yahoo actually set up a league for them and you could view their teams. Unfortunately, someone forgot to keep up with it, so their lineups never changed, and many pitchers never started for them.

But I give them credit for trying.....

great show...i thought it was a 30 min show but it ended up being like an hour which was a nice suprise...great show

Guest ciderjack6

its an 8-team league

5 people at the live draft

1 on the phone

2 on autodraft

Last night's episode was a step down from the premier IMO...It was more a "Always Sunny" for married guys. It still has promise to have some very episodes though.

Plus, that Latin chick from My Name is Earl is on it, and she's worth the price of admission.

I hadn't even heard of the show until I saw it show up on my DVR list. Come to find out, my wife started recording the series for me becuase she knew I would love it.....and she was dead on. The show is absolutely hilarious.

During the show I couldn't help but tell her how the exact same scenarios came up during the various drafts I attend....and by the end of the night (two back-to-back episodes) she thought I was such a fantasy nerd she was ready to draw up the divorce papers.

I hadn't even heard of the show until I saw it show up on my DVR list. Come to find out, my wife started recording the series for me becuase she knew I would love it.....and she was dead on. The show is absolutely hilarious.

During the show I couldn't help but tell her how the exact same scenarios came up during the various drafts I attend....and by the end of the night (two back-to-back episodes) she thought I was such a fantasy nerd she was ready to draw up the divorce papers.

Pretty cool of your wife to do something like that...

That's a great wife you have B)

Thanks....she always been great, but this definitely put her over the top. Can't wait for the next episode.

Guest ciderjack6

Peyton Manning for Fred Taylor and Torry Holt?

i tivo this show but its on the bottom of my to watch list.

curb

always sunny

south park

the office

community

30 rock

parks and rec

random netflix

dexter

weeds

law and order

the league

come on your telling me in a 8 team league peyton manning is going to go for holt and taylor.

it feels like it was written back in 05 or 06. its