Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markdash

Rotoworld Invitational League

How do i delete it? I cannot edit now

PM a mod. Nickalero is a mod and can take it down as well and he is in the league. Otherwise, just send one a PM if you see them online.

Wow. I seriously am in doubt of us being able to get this done before the season starts, if this is the pace we're going to maintain. This is supposed to be the fast round too - not a lot of mystery on who to pick in the first round.

EDIT: Oh wait, asmallchild said he wouldn't be back til 6 EST. NM...I'll grouse to myself. B)

Wow. I seriously am in doubt of us being able to get this done before the season starts, if this is the pace we're going to maintain. This is supposed to be the fast round too - not a lot of mystery on who to pick in the first round.

EDIT: Oh wait, asmallchild said he wouldn't be back til 6 EST. NM...I'll grouse to myself. B)

Again, it will be fine once everyone realizes the draft is going and/or sends me their contact info. Don't worry.

First little b*tch to opt out gets a verbal beatdown. Hopefully everyone in here is committed to being in here.

I have yet to get through on offline without somebody being a little b*tch. Hopefully we don't have anyone in here like that.

If you feel rushed, just get thicker skin and deal with it. I would rather have guys anxious to pick over guys that are ho-hum and not into it. It's nothing personal against you if guys are impatient. Hopefully everyone realizes this.

I think this draft will go fine. This is an active bunch.

As long as you communicate that you will be gone certain hours, I'm sure guys will understand. I have no problem waiting until a certain time if I know that a guy will show up then and make his pick. When guys go off the grid for 10 hours though and never mention anything and everyone is stressed because they are afraid they could be up at any time an they are sitting on their hands for 10 hours, that's when there are problems.

I've been through tons of these. Just make sure you let guys know when you will be gone and leave picks with people if you know that you might come up. Preferably somebody on the other side of the draft so that you don't need to worry about somebody taking your pick.

Anyway, that is all. Just wanted to say it before we even start. Don't want somebody getting all emotional because they went away for a few hours. We all know that everyone works and such. Just make sure you let us know when you won't be around so we know.

I will be taking my kid's to a carnival this evening from 5-8 pm PST. Mark has my number if I come up.

First little b*tch to opt out gets a verbal beatdown. Hopefully everyone in here is committed to being in here.

I have yet to get through on offline without somebody being a little b*tch. Hopefully we don't have anyone in here like that.

If you feel rushed, just get thicker skin and deal with it. I would rather have guys anxious to pick over guys that are ho-hum and not into it. It's nothing personal against you if guys are impatient. Hopefully everyone realizes this.

I think this draft will go fine. This is an active bunch.

As long as you communicate that you will be gone certain hours, I'm sure guys will understand. I have no problem waiting until a certain time if I know that a guy will show up then and make his pick. When guys go off the grid for 10 hours though and never mention anything and everyone is stressed because they are afraid they could be up at any time an they are sitting on their hands for 10 hours, that's when there are problems.

I've been through tons of these. Just make sure you let guys know when you will be gone and leave picks with people if you know that you might come up. Preferably somebody on the other side of the draft so that you don't need to worry about somebody taking your pick.

Anyway, that is all. Just wanted to say it before we even start. Don't want somebody getting all emotional because they went away for a few hours. We all know that everyone works and such. Just make sure you let us know when you won't be around so we know.

I will be taking my kid's to a carnival this evening from 5-8 pm PST. Mark has my number if I come up.

You think it could come back to you in 6 hours? Optimism. B)

Edit: I have contact information for 8 of the 12 managers now. This should help.

ughhh, im online! but still cant select

hoping to fire a selection in between now and 6AM EST tomorrow. Away again at conference until 9PMEST Sat

Round 1

1 - gsw - Chris Paul

2 - The Czar - Lebron James

3 - asmallchild - Dwyane Wade

4 - nickalero99 - OTC

5 - markdash

6 - dubmecrazy

7 - Denbo32

8 - rico381

9 - Thats Ridiculous

10 - Code of Hammurabi

11 - bdams19

12 - Skoodog

poop

ok nvm

im really just testing the forwarding of msgboard msgs to my blackberry

it's a real PITA accessing this with a BB btw, methinks its time to go iphone

via text, Nickalero takes

1.04 - Nickalero99 - Kevin Durant

I will follow with

1.05 - markdash - Danny Granger

whooo, we're rolling now

at least the bb auto-email alert works

1.01 - gsw - Chris Paul

1.02 - The Czar - Lebron James

1.03 - asmallchild - Dwyane Wade

1.04 - nickalero99 - Kevin Durant

1.06 - dubmecrazy - OTC

1.07 - Denbo32

1.08 - rico381

1.09 - Thats Ridiculous

1.10 - Code of Hammurabi

1.11 - bdams19

1.12 - Skoodog

Might be a good idea for when you select your pick to cut and paste in this format and add your pick - allows other owners to know when they are almost up. But I'm anal (obviously). B)

Almost my pick! Excited to see what I'm going to be dealing with w/ 12 and 13.

1.06 Kobe Bryant

Hey guys...it would be sweet if we had a thread where it was only the draft and no discussion...it's gonna be a pain to be scrolling through to see who has been picked...just a thought to keep things a bit cleaner.

1.06 Kobe Bryant

Hey guys...it would be sweet if we had a thread where it was only the draft and no discussion...it's gonna be a pain to be scrolling through to see who has been picked...just a thought to keep things a bit cleaner.

I was thinking that after every round we can make a big a** post that lists the entire draft up to that point. Would that be helpful?

sounds good, ill keep my yammer shut and just draft (well, obviously from here on out)

lets use the actual yahoo board for chitchat and informing each other of times we are away from access

Oh, Denbo32 said we can make his first pick according to his post in the Golden 12 thread. So that means...

1.07 - Denbo32 - Dirk Nowitzki

I was thinking that after every round we can make a big a** post that lists the entire draft up to that point. Would that be helpful?

That would be great

Mark,

Why dont u change setting so we can add players right to our team as we go along!!!! B) I think that would be nice!!

Mark,

Why dont u change setting so we can add players right to our team as we go along!!!! B) I think that would be nice!!

Is that even possible? Let me check.

1.01 - gsw - Chris Paul

1.02 - The Czar - Lebron James

1.03 - asmallchild - Dwyane Wade

1.04 - nickalero99 - Kevin Durant

1.06 - dubmecrazy - Kobe Bryant

1.07 - Denbo32 - Dirk Nowitzki

1.08 - rico381 - Amare Stoudemire

1.09 - Thats Ridiculous - Al Jefferson

1.10 - Code of Hammurabi - Chris Bosh

1.11 - bdams19 - OTC

1.12 - Skoodog

There's a player at this spot who I'd really like bdams to pick so I don't have to.