Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markdash

Rotoworld Invitational League

The draft is fast approaching tonight. Good luck to everyone!

Draft coming up in a little over 2 hours. CoH warned me that he might miss the draft because of flight delays, but I hope everyone else can make it. If you think there's a chance you might miss it, make sure to preset your player values, or enjoy paying $30 for Brook Lopez and $5 for Chuck Hayes...

I'll be there, and the first guy I'm nominating is Brook Lopez, followed by Lamar Odom. Good luck auto-drafters!! :D

Good luck, guys. Wish I could railbird the draft!

I would like it if someone could send me the draft results via email. [rotoworld user name] [at symbol] [hotmail dot com]. Appreciated!

my team is pure mediocrity, i will be lucky to finish outside of the bottom quarter of the league. every auction is unique, this auction really went poorly for me. i overpayed for far too many players and whats worse, they werent the sort of players you should overpay for. on the bright side, at least i feel like i got reasonable prices on GWal & Iguodala.

Way too early to rule any team out. For your team, I think a lot depends on how Iguodala, Wallace, and Johnson do. If they have bounceback seasons similar to their best years, you've got a great team, and if they struggle, then your team is likely to struggle too. Not sure if anyone sent mark the draft results yet, but I'll send them to him now.

I would like it if someone could send me the draft results via email. [rotoworld user name] [at symbol] [hotmail dot com]. Appreciated!

Trying to figure out how to email the draft results was a pain in the a**, so I just sent you an invite to co-manage my team so you can "rail-bird" the league. :) You don't have to actually manage anything but this gives you access to tracking stuff.

I'm actually pretty pleasantly pleased with how my draft worked out - I took a few gambles but had a TON of fun with grabbing almost all the fantasy-relevant Clippers and drafting All-stars from like 2007. Looking forward to tip-off!

I'm interested in hearing opinions on the Denbo-COH trade. What's the rationale for each side?

How is my team dead last? I seriously don't get it.

EDIT: Oh wait, b/c 50% of my team is dead.

I'm looking to trade. Anyone can be had.

No dumb offerers. Let's not waste time. I've made a trade in this league already, that was randomally sent to me. I accpeted with no counter. (I got DJ Augustin, DeMar Derozen for Ty lawson) So im not a hard trader, just send a fair deal.

I'm looking to trade. Anyone can be had.

No dumb offerers. Let's not waste time. I've made a trade in this league already, that was randomally sent to me. I accpeted with no counter. (I got DJ Augustin, DeMar Derozen for Ty lawson) So im not a hard trader, just send a fair deal.

Sent you an offer before you posted this that I never heard back from. Let me know!

Also I'll transfer ownership back to you for the baseball league as soon as it opens.

CLIPSHOW now has blake... haha

Welcome to team FONTAINE Dwayne Wade and Ryan Anderson

Sorry for my inactivity. I've spent more time on my dynasty this year and just haven't had the time. I think it would be best for me not to come back next year.

just wanted to apologize again for leaving the league midway like i did, folks. i just can't even watch games out here now that im out in central europe, and didn't want to cheat you guys, and my team, out of a proper finish. ill likely try and find my way back when im back in the states.

So did the league go to s--- this year?

I will revive it when I am back into fantasy basketball, which will probably not be in 2012-13, but perhaps in 2013-14. :(

So did the league go to s--- this year?

I will revive it when I am back into fantasy basketball, which will probably not be in 2012-13, but perhaps in 2013-14. :(

They let a guy like me win, so perhaps it has... ;)

I'd definitely like to defend my title next year, and I don't mind being commish again if necessary, although I'm happy to let markdash or anyone else who would like to take over do so. I hope you and chap will be able to make a return as soon as possible, of course. This league is always one of my most enjoyable, and I love the competition with a group of RW veterans.

once im back settled in the states ill likely be looking into returning to this league, maybe at the same time as mark.

how did the final standings stack up? i remember the team i left looked quite good when i left them, hopefully they stayed around the top of the pack.

lets not allow this league to fade to black...who is gonna step up and put things in order? for the few bold and brave members of this league, join my salary cap keeper/dynasty..you know, cream rises to the top. or something.

Let's get this league going again this year! I just renewed the league, and all managers from last year should have just gotten an email invitation to rejoin for this year. Let's see who can knock me off my perch as defending champion!

Sorry about last year I was semi out of it, I had alot of personal stuff going on, but this year I'll be active once again and I will WIN this year!

Btw with my first pick im putting Ant Randolph up, so be ready to bid him up!

Just wanted to get this out there for those who check the board more than the league page:

It seems like there are just as many people against moving the draft earlier as there are for it, so I don't know if that'll work. I see three options:

1. Do the draft at the scheduled time. Would anyone besides CoH be unable to make it?

2. Move the draft later on Sunday night, like 11 PM ET/8 PM PT.

3. Try sometime on Monday night, like 10 PM ET/ 7 PM PT.

Please let me know which of these times work for you and which ones don't. At the moment, I'm leaning towards #1, because that's the time people have been planning for, but if I get enough responses in favor of a switch, we'll do it. In any case, everyone should set their pre-draft prices, just to be prepared in case something goes wrong or an emergency comes up.

I teach and get up around 5:45 AM ET so chances are I'm not going to finish either a 11 PM or 10 PM on a school night. I'd pick as long as I can before I need to go to bed though. Whatever works is fine by me.