Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yort1919

MAKE THIS BLOCKBUSTER DEAL???

The few hitters you have are solid, except for Hamilton. I think $27 is too much after the injury plagued season he had. He could easily earn that much next season, but his draft day value should be a little lower than it was last year. I don't like to spend a lot on catchers, but Mauer is in a class of his own.

I feel the same about Peavy that I do for Hamilton. He's a good player, but $32 is too much after the season he had in 2009. Blackburn is a decent mid level SP and $2 is a good price. Rodney put up good save numbers last year, but his other numbers were weak for a closer. I have him for $16 in my league and I'm looking to trade him this off-season. Mazzaro doesn't do much for me, but $5 isn't a terrible price. Garcia may not even be in the rotation in 2010, so I wouldn't plan on much from him.

Right now I think your team is looking pretty weak going in to 2010. I would try and deal Hamilton and Peavy for as many low dollar potential keepers you can.

I guess deraj1981 is a top 12 team too!!!!!!!

We are allowed to keep upto 15 players, and of my signature probably everyone minus gardner if hes not starting, figgins if he signs in the AL. Other than that I would keep all of them.

Your team is looking good for a 12 teamer A.L. League.

Your team is looking good for a 12 teamer A.L. League.

I really like my pitching staff for all 4 categories, as far as hitting I have a nice start in the AVG category and a huge start in the STOLEN BASE dept if Figgins signs in the AL. I'm just not sure of a strategy going into draft day, I mean I know I want to go for the title this year but I am stuck on who or what I should draft.

I really like my pitching staff for all 4 categories

What four cats do you use? W, ERA, K, saves? If that's the case, then I think you have a decent pitching staff going in. I think Nathan and Mo are too expensive to warrant keeping both, but if you do you'll be solid in saves and have nice ERA's to boot. Slowey and Kazmir had ERA's over 4.80 last year with less than 120 K's each. Garza only had 8 W's, but his other numbers were good. Pettite is a FA after this season, so wait and see if he re-signs. Overall I think your starting rotation is average at best.

as far as hitting I have a nice start in the AVG category and a huge start in the STOLEN BASE dept if Figgins signs in the AL.

Pierzynski, Figgins and Span give nice averages and Figgins, Span and Gardner (which you already said you probably won't keep) will give a nice SB start. Other than that, your offense is very weak. The only HR producer in your keeper class is Lopez (25) with AJ and Melky next at 13 HR each this season.

I'm just not sure of a strategy going into draft day, I mean I know I want to go for the title this year but I am stuck on who or what I should draft.

On the hitting side you need to draft power, power and more power. On the pitching side, you need an ace SP (or two) to lead your staff.

I really like my pitching staff for all 4 categories, as far as hitting I have a nice start in the AVG category and a huge start in the STOLEN BASE dept if Figgins signs in the AL. I'm just not sure of a strategy going into draft day, I mean I know I want to go for the title this year but I am stuck on who or what I should draft.

Just come up with your own strategy. Maybe draft a few big bats first. then grab Maybe 3 SP's ( Top Notch Ones ) to anchor your rotation.

Just come up with your own strategy. Maybe draft a few big bats first. then grab Maybe 3 SP's ( Top Notch Ones ) to anchor your rotation.

so should i go after a Teixera? or a Ortiz??? Or should I wait out the draft keep my money and get a 10.00 Michael Cuddyer??? Or similar players like him?

so should i go after a Teixera? or a Ortiz??? Or should I wait out the draft keep my money and get a 10.00 Michael Cuddyer??? Or similar players like him?

I'd try and go after Teixera before Ortiz and Cuddyer. Mark is a elite 1B man. you know what kinda numbers to expect from him. Ortiz is getting old and injury prone. i's stay away from him. Cuddyer is ok as a 1b man, But nowhere the calibur as Tex that's for sure. If you dont want to wait any longer. Get Tex!

I don't see you as a contender right now. If you keep everyone except Gardner, you're at $177, leaving $83 for the auctoin where you'll need to buy 11 players. That's roughly $7.50 per player, which would be tough to fill in the power you'll need.

The problem is going to be draft day funds. By keeping the guys he says he will, he's severly limited in the number of studs he can go after on draft day. Sure, you can buy Teixeira, but at what cost? Say you go buy and Teix for $40. That would leave you with $43 left to buy 10 players. Do taht and you've killed yourself before the season has even started.

The problem is going to be draft day funds. By keeping the guys he says he will, he's severly limited in the number of studs he can go after on draft day. Sure, you can buy Teixeira, but at what cost? Say you go buy and Teix for $40. That would leave you with $43 left to buy 10 players. Do taht and you've killed yourself before the season has even started.

That is going to be the biggest challenge for you....having the $$$$ to shore up some power with your offense. If you are sold on keeping closers at $35 / $36, perhaps consider dropping one of them (Nathan) and using that money to draft power. As ssmarsh has stated already, it's going to be real tough to sign a stud bat (probably around $40-$44) and have the cash left over to put together a well rounded roster.

If you do decide to stay the course and keep what you have (minus Gardner), I would recommend doing a lot of research and hope you get lucky on a handful of sleepers that can pull your offense together. A stud pitcher along with a couple of big bats is going to cost $$$ on draft day, so consider your options (ie. are 2 closers for $71 critical?) and then list your void positions and who you would like to fill those positions (along with an estimated dollar/salary figure for draft day) and you will see how many $1 - $3 players are going to be needed to complete your roster (if all current players are kept + 1 stud bat at $40 + or -). Double check your keepers and ask yourself if they are really going to cost more if you were to release them....you want to give yourself as much flexibility on draft day as possible.

Did you go after Tex yet?

Did you go after Tex yet?

Well I can't go after TEX because in our leauge if you have for example Teixera and you trade him INSEASON he is automatically put back in the draft pool next year. So who would be some really good sleeper picks for a cheap dollar this year?

Well I can't go after TEX because in our leauge if you have for example Teixera and you trade him INSEASON he is automatically put back in the draft pool next year. So who would be some really good sleeper picks for a cheap dollar this year?

Oh, perhaps trade for him in the OFFSEASON then. Gotta try for Tex. He is a elite player in this league.

Oh, perhaps trade for him in the OFFSEASON then. Gotta try for Tex. He is a elite player in this league.

I think what he is saying is that Tex was part of an 'inseason' trade and therefore is off-limits for any off-season trade as he must be put put back into the draft for 2010. You can still target him though on draft day. Any options to try and trade for one of your closers? (a solid player at the $10-$15 area)???

I think what he is saying is that Tex was part of an 'inseason' trade and therefore is off-limits for any off-season trade as he must be put put back into the draft for 2010. You can still target him though on draft day. Any options to try and trade for one of your closers? (a solid player at the $10-$15 area)???

Well the problem with that scenario is that OUR league has a stupid rule of a maximum of 5 INSEASON and OUTOFSEASON trades, I have made my 5 trades so im done. As far as trading one of my closers....I keep Nathan and Rivera and I am almost a shoe in for 12 points for the saves category. In OUR league there are only 3 other closers available this coming year.

Well the problem with that scenario is that OUR league has a stupid rule of a maximum of 5 INSEASON and OUTOFSEASON trades

Time to find a new league.

Well the problem with that scenario is that OUR league has a stupid rule of a maximum of 5 INSEASON and OUTOFSEASON trades, I have made my 5 trades so im done. As far as trading one of my closers....I keep Nathan and Rivera and I am almost a shoe in for 12 points for the saves category. In OUR league there are only 3 other closers available this coming year.

Why would the league put in a trade rule like that?

Time to find a new league.

Well the problem with that is I don't think there is another league in our small city!!! I like the league and the guys in it, but some of the rules are really really DUMB!!!!

Well the problem with that is I don't think there is another league in our small city!!!

So start a new one yourself! You've got at least 9 friends/co-workers, right? B)

I like the league and the guys in it, but some of the rules are really really DUMB!!!!

I hear ya. The best you can do is try and muster some support from other owners on a rule change and see if you can make happen.

So start a new one yourself! You've got at least 9 friends/co-workers, right? B)

I hear ya. The best you can do is try and muster some support from other owners on a rule change and see if you can make happen.

Agree with what was said.

Agree with what was said.

Well the problem with that situation is that I am one of the newer owners, Most of these guys have been in the league for 10 plus years. So for me to say "hey I want a rule change", probably not going to happen!!!

Well the problem with that situation is that I am one of the newer owners, Most of these guys have been in the league for 10 plus years. So for me to say "hey I want a rule change", probably not going to happen!!!

Maybe it won't, but you'll never know unless you ask. I propose rule tweaks in my league almost every year...some the guys like, some they don't. Now's the time to bring it up though since they're will be plenty of time to debate during the off-season.

You never know until you speak out loud. I'm sure your owner will listen to what has to be said. and perhaps he'll make everyone take a vote for the changes you requested.

You never know until you speak out loud. I'm sure your owner will listen to what has to be said. and perhaps he'll make everyone take a vote for the changes you requested.

What if I could get VMART for Mariano Rivera and AJ Pierzniski? would this be a deal I should be looking at doing?

What if I could get VMART for Mariano Rivera and AJ Pierzniski? would this be a deal I should be looking at doing?

You probably already said it someplace in this thread, but I'm to lazy to look back. What's V-Mart's salary?

You probably already said it someplace in this thread, but I'm to lazy to look back. What's V-Mart's salary?

VMARTS salary is 22.00. Or Mauer at 21.00.....